The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

The only vamps involved in the love triangle are Adam/Ava and Nate/Nat. Felix/Farah and Mason/Morgan are not available for love triangles.
And no, there is no poly ending. Sorry. :pensive:

2 Likes

Got it, thank you!!!

Ugh I might have to do this because A is the love of my life and the potential for sexy jealousy is too real but I think I’ll feel too badly for N.

2 Likes

Hi everyone! I’ve been a lurker on the COG forum for years now but never was motivated enough to actually post though I have loved a great many of the games here. However; Wayhaven Chronicles is motivation enough, especially with the release coming soon! Seeing everyone talk about their MCs has made me want to share mine! I’m super stoked for the release of TWC and it’s so awesome to see how excited and positive everyone in this fandom is!

Anyway, my MC is Detective Evelyn Langford and here’s some information about her!
-She prefers to go by Eve though she doesn’t mind when people call her Evelyn.
-She has a great relationship with her mom despite her being gone a lot in Eve’s childhood, when she was able to be around they would do lots of things together such as play games, do puzzles, and read books so Eve loves those things as an adult.
-She loves animals and nature. As a child she would constantly try to bring different injured animals home to take care of.
-She loves to sing but doesn’t share that with many people since she’s very shy so she mostly just sings when she’s at her apartment or in the car though she hums to herself in her office without realizing it.
-She’s a bit of a nerd so she loves Marvel, DC, Star Wars, and so much more.
-She would love to travel the world but her heart lies with the people and town of Wayhaven, so instead she reads a lot to go on adventures.
-She works hard at her job and partly got into police work because it allows her to use her scientific knowledge.
-She’s very short, just barely over 5 feet, so even F is a giant to her.
-She’s very gentle and kind with a natural nurturing instinct though she has enough stubbornness in her to (most of the time) not allow people to walk all over her.

I hope you guys enjoyed learning about Eve. I’ve definitely loved learning about all of your MCs and your plans for them through book 1! It’s awesome to see so many different personalities and fun to speculate how the agents will react to them. Personally my agent was drawn to N during my initial plays of the demo forever ago but lately it’s been fun to imagine how her calmness would match with A or M. She’s not really drawn to F romantically but definite BFF status going to happen!

36 Likes

Im falling in love with all these amazing detectives more then in vamps

8 Likes

So I’ve been replaying the demo today instead of working at work lol.

Other than today, I only played it once through several months ago, but I love seeing what everyone’s detectives are like and getting inspiration for my own detective!

What’s the easiest place to make an aesthetic board for them?

1 Like

Never done them myself. But I think these are easy and good to use:
https://www.canva.com/create/mood-boards/

http://www.gomoodboard.com/

https://spark.adobe.com/sp/login/

I’d say Canva because I use it for other stuff and it’s really handy.

16 Likes

Windows paint Is easiest one

1 Like

Right after Adobe Photoshop for sure.

It is completly free just eyeball img size and boom awesome board

I used Canva for mine and it’s the first one I’ve ever done! I just chose a template I liked and it was super easy.

Your detective looks so much like how I picture Mason! I’m now imaging Felix standing your MC and Mason side by side in front of a mirror to try to get them to see the resemblance but both of them just absolutely not seeing it.

Also, your artwork is amazing!

2 Likes

Kinda scared to post, but oh well, I can do this for this story…
My main detective is Mephala Krahtuz, because I am an Elder Scrolls fan(named after a daedric prince).

Backstory

Before she was forced into law enforcement, she was a mistress of a wealthy, married man. The man thought they had a relationship and told his wife, that he found somebody else. But the wife couldn’t accept that, and then she went and confronted Mephala. The argument grew heated and Mephala from anger shot the wife with the gun she bought from a shady man in a dark back street. Ambulance was called and wife carried off. The husband sued Mephala and so she ended up in court. But her mother had influence, she convinced the judge to refrain her daughter from jail time and instead make her work as a police officer and pay a fine to the couple. Mephala still holds a grudge with mom, because she didn’t care about her life before and now Mephala wants to deal with her problems in her own manner.

Personality

Personality wise, she is very forward in her advances. She does not have the concept of personal space. But even though she seems warm on the outside, it’s actually the opposite. All the flirting doesn’t mean anything to her. She doesn’t wish to be involved in serious relationships, friendship or romantic. To other people she often seems shallow, selfish, though that is not exactly false.She is rather humorous, using sarcasm at every opportunity. When meeting team Bravo, she immediately established authority by stating things that hurt the most.

Relationships

She got along fine with Felix, because he allows her to be foolish, and not worry about abiding by social norms. With him the flirting actually might have actually meant something. She doesn’t actually care about having something real with Mason, but Mephala cannot deny that there is some sexual tension between them, which is always fun.Mephala feels the need to put Adam down, though she doesn’t have a personal conflict with him. I don’t reckon they will be friends, but they could respect each other.And she very much dislikes Nate, because he is too tender and friendly. Mephala doesn’t like negotiators or negotiating. And Nate doesn’t reciprocate her advances.

And I guess that’s shortly all… I’ll put my first moodboard, and art of her here

Moodboard

Art

Ah, very cringy, I guess, my detective isn’t as good as I thought she would be…

20 Likes

Cute hair, reasonably in depth backstory. I see a lot of blue trend here would this happen to be your favorite color?

I see no fault with her
…as long as she comes with katana

1 Like

Well guess what I’m making when I get home~ I got to type up my main detective thugh from the looks of things she would get on well with a lot of the other Detectives. XD

3 Likes

This is my first time posting anything up on here but it just looked like everyone was having fun sharing so I wanted to try it too.

Detective Sun Ye

As a teenager she was a bit of a rebel, causing mayhem in the hopes that her mother would spend a bit more time with her. She completely understood why her mom was never much in her life but that didn’t mean she wasn’t hurt by it. Thanks to her constant bad behavior she eventually began hanging out with the wrong crowd which led her to choose between prison time or the police.

Never one to truly show her emotions, she deflects her pain with sarcasm and jokes. Her smile is like a mask. Constantly doubting herself and her capabilities. She’s not much of a people person not because she hates people but because it just causes her a lot of stress to think of what to say or talk about. Preferring to stay at home and watch a movie or read a book.

Doesn’t truly understand what love is like. Flirtatious advances pass right over her head but once she understands that someone is flirting with her she becomes a shy bumbling mess.

Ignores A’s brooding behavior and enjoys poking fun at him.
She’s kind of intrigued by M since that’s usually the type of people she’s drawn to.
Wonders if anyone could truly be as kind as N is or if it’s all just a facade.
Wishes to be more like F, who seems to find everything hilarious.

25 Likes

Actually my favourite color is purple(precisely #2e0070), but I like how blue things look. It gives a distant feeling, however purple is mysterious, although embracing, which doesn’t really match my detective.

3 Likes

Well, I thought I might as well join the detective sharing party.

Detective Oz

The person Oz is now, and the person he was only a few previously are almost two completely different people. Oz’s youth was less rebellious, more outright criminal, but when that caught up to him he changed his ways and joined the police force. Whether it’s out of a geninue desire to help people, or his own need to atone for what he did, is still unclear.

Despite this, he’s a relatively friendly and upbeat person, though some believe it’s all a facade, and that it’s only a matter of time before the mask slips. Standing at 6’2’’, and in good shape, he’s more than capable of handling himself in physical situations, but he thinks his true skill lies in his perceptiveness.

He’s had many relationships in the past, and is always willing to flirt with someone, but he tends to be selectively oblivious when it comes to romantic feelings, or even love. Will it take someone kind, or funny, or someone as stubborn or closed off as he is to change that? Who knows? He certainly doesn’t.

That was fun to make, I might have to make them for all my other characters, which would take forever, but I don’t have much else to do.

25 Likes

Not gonna comment on anything or post a board but, god i love how this thread encourages people for their first posts :hugs:

8 Likes

So I threw this together for my MC, Detective Eleanor Langford…

In spite of a natural intellectual curiosity and analytical mind, Eleanor would never describe herself as “the book learning type.” From elementary school up until high school graduation, she struggled in nearly every subject, though not for lack of effort. She was one of the last of her peers to learn to read and write, and she’s still slower at it than most people she knows - the people in college admissions told her she probably had an undiagnosed learning disability, and this understanding, at least, made her four years in college somewhat more bearable (so did her ex Bobby, but she’ll never admit that even to herself).

She’s used to having to work twice as hard as other people, so it’s habit now, even when she knows she doesn’t need to. Life as a police officer - and now a detective - suits her strengths without forcing her to confront her weaknesses too often, and likes it that way, though paperwork will always be the bane of her existence. Other than that, she’s happy to work long hours and likes to think that she thrives on 5 hours of sleep a night. Getting to help people is icing on the cake.

While she’s mostly come to terms with what she can’t help, years of needing extra assistance or extra time or of teachers flat-out assuming she was just plain slow have left a bit of a chip on her shoulder. Eleanor is independent to the point of recklessness (others might say foolishness), and when someone underestimates her, she fights to prove them wrong - and pretends to be nonchalant about it all. Relationships are tough for her - vulnerability is something she avoids entirely.

Speaking of fighting - she’s found that one of the best ways to put her restless mind to work is through boxing - she chases the intellectual thrill of it - cataloging an opponent’s strengths and weaknesses, the strategy and feinting - as much as the physical one. The fact that it makes her a better cop is just a bonus. Cooking is fun, too. She’s even started growing her own herbs to give her a reason not to sleep at her desk most nights.

19 Likes