The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

And art? I love seeing all the fanart for Wayhaven Chronicles!

4 Likes

Heres a prompt: what would the theme music for your Detective (or other characters) be?

1 Like

For my MC this:

6 Likes

I have an old drawing of my detective, but he’s changed quite a bit since I drew it. Going for Ava with him, which I’m sure will be fun with his sunnier disposition alongside her brooding.

Drawing under here

The bats were supposed to be because of… Vampires… I guess?

Alternatively there’s the face claim I have for him, which is more representative of how he looks now.

Face claim

(Pedro Bertolini)

I haven’t really written him out yet, but he has the “prison time” backstory. He’s significantly more polite in comparison to his teenage years and has become a stick in the mud workaholic, though he’s still as headstrong as he was when he was younger. His relationship with Agent Mom is also very chilled.

27 Likes

One of my detectives is a blatant self-insert because that’s just how I roll, but the other is my resident disaster boy Keiji. An adrenaline junkie who seems to be allergic to taking things seriously, he became a detective because it was that or jail. He’s got some abandonment issues in relation to agent mom’s frequent disappearances and because of that tries to steer clear of emotional attachment best he can.

Sassy, loves getting a rise out of people, and I’m going to have him romance both Felix and Mason cause he has great fun flirting with both of them (and mason screams danger and that got Keiji’s interest right away) and at some point he trips straight from flirting into feelings and he’s just going to have to deal with that

I don’t have any art for him but I do have a pinterest board with random aestheticy things https://nl.pinterest.com/celticrune/between-dying-and-going-to-prison-one-is-much-more

Edit: Also for a song that remind me of him: Forever Stuck In our Youth - Set It Off

8 Likes

Theme music: F and MC going to Mission Impossible.

Everyone else: Vague versions of facepalm/

6 Likes

sees Sera typing, holds breath

20 Likes

@Otaku_King - When you submit a game, you have the option of putting in a price. I suggested $4.99 for Wayhaven, but as @N1GHTMAR3 says, CoG probably decides for final. So will have to wait and see!

@AngelOfTheBroken - I know, right? Everyone is so positive and wonderful, you guys have seriously made this whole thing so much more amazing than just merely writing a story :smiley:

@SirEdmund - Stunning board!

@Helsinki - Aah, I love your Detective! That sunny expression is so awesome :smiley: Definitely catch Ava off-guard with that, lol.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! :slight_smile:

As for the release date, I’m with others in not getting too excited. I’m gonna definitely wait for official confirmation before getting too excited this time, lol :smiley: But here’s hoping it’s early March and it’s not too long now!

But after work today, I will be deciding some stuff to get up together to share with you guys. So hopefully that’ll be fun in the meantime, hehe! :slight_smile:

62 Likes

My main Detective is a self-insert, but one Detective I made for A is a very feisty, independent, I-will-fight-you MC. It was either jail or being a detective, and obviously she went with the option that wouldn’t put her behind bars. She’s the first to talk back to A and always will be; she doesn’t put up with any of A’s crap and I just love the potential that headbutting relationship has. She has a crappy relationship with her mom cause who would appreciate a mother that was never around? Super protective and loyal to her friends though, and can turn into that mom friend that everyone has with just a bit more sass and sarcasm thrown in. Will be the first to join F in any of their antics and be glad to get into any snippy insult matches with M. Poor N just has another rambunctious child to take care of when MC isn’t in mom mode.

I can’t draw to save my life and I can’t think of a song that would fit this MC off the top of my head v.v’

6 Likes

Well, I will describe my detective with only one word -sarcasm-

'His lips thin into a tight line so as they almost disappear between his teeth. “A detective with sarcasm, how original.”

9 Likes

I recycle my main MC Samir a LOT. I have used him in pretty much every game and in this game I play him as a very kind, hard-working, empathetic person. Sweet but not a push over. So naturally I’m going to put him with Adam and Mason.

My second MC Rin is actually my main MC from Samurai of Hyuga (one of the few game Samir just didn’t fit into) and I became so smitten with her that I had to use her more. She’s very stoic and intimidating, speaks her mind and won’t let people push her around. So her grumpy butt is getting with Felix and Nate… and I don’t know why but I LOVE her and Felix together… it might be because she’s taller than him and if there’s one thing I love more than opposites attract it’s height differences!

I need to do some drawing of the Wayhaven versions of them I’m actually not embarrassed to post eventually.

4 Likes

Robin Hertz-

This is a small town. If you’re half as smart as you pretend to be, you should know how politics work here. You let me handle this, or go running back to your agency with all your piss and parata.

Oh, is that inefficient? So’s your personality, but you don’t see me complaining.

You want to shoot down my ideas? Remind me why your agency told you to shadow a junior detective over a small town murder case that has lasted over a month, and you have no leads? I’d look into a new career venture, because they’re obviously downsizing you.

If you try to talk down to me one more time, I will personally embarrass you repeatedly by undermining your authority at every given opportunity and mock you in front of my mother. No, I know she won’t care. But you will.

Robin Hertz, serious sass master, expressions include frequent and repetitive exasperation.

Romance- Probably this angry thing with A where Robin is constantly pissed off, and so is A, but what can you do.

15 Likes

For those who know Parks and Recreation, Elena Walsh is what you would get if you took Leslike Knope’s work ethic, crossed it with Ron Swanson’s misanthropy and self-reliance, and added a whole heap of impatience on top of it. She’s not entirely unsympathetic, and will do her best to make sure she vaguely resembles a friendly face when say, consoling the family of a victim. But unless your child has been murdered and it’s her job to help, she doesn’t have the patience to deal with you.

I have a secondary MC, Raymond Chandler, who basically takes on a stereotypical “cowboy cop” detective persona straight out of an episode of Law and Order, but that’s because his only real experience with detectiving was obsessively watching police procedurals and reading classic detective fiction (which is why he decided to become a cop in the first place). His persona doesn’t exactly survive for very long when a legit murder rears its ugly head, but by God, is he trying.

10 Likes

The only MC of mine so far is Surina Batra.

She is interesting to me in the sense that she joined the police force in order to have a job with a structure to it. It was a job with a schedule, just unpredictable enough to not drive her insane from boredom. She’s prefers to solve her job through investigation and following the rules, but she’s still quite inexperienced with the more nitty gritty part of it. Her feelings towards romance and relationships are complicated after what happened with Bobby, which she has tried to move past, but is still a little scarred from. She works hard for what she yearns for and hates it when someone tries to undermine her authority (Adam) and take away the responsibility she’s been rightfully given.

Her theme music would probably be Patience by The Lumineers. It doesn’t have lyrics to it, but there’s a sense of calmness and sadness to it that I think suits Surina well. Not that she’s a particularly melancholic person–well, her temperament is. She’s just the kind to listen to sad music on rainy days because she’s feeling for it. It’s just a very gentle song that makes me think of her.

5 Likes

I decided to do some aesthetics myself :smiley:

Marla de Lis likes to exercise, has zero patience for bullshit, will shout at anyone who tries to overpower and loves to read before going to bed. She doesn’t really like coffee or tea, and only uses this as a last time resource if she is extremely tired because “whoops, looks like I stood reading until 4am again”.

She doesn’t really like to stay indoors, and to counter this, she makes sure her flat is full of plants in every, possible, space.

She did shoot Adam, and until finding out he would not die, she would shoot him again gladly if he annoys her more.

I forgot to add her music! She is quite the impulsive kind in her daily life, the only exception for this is work, where she (tries) is (she is not) organised.

Whisper under my breath: she is a softy and cries watching videos of animal rescues

This is the song that touches her deep inside. But she would never admit this to you unless you are really close to her.

Even if she is only on her mid-late 20’s, she has a lot of internal struggles. Lost more people than she would wish. All that lost weights heavy on her soul.

Sorry (not sorry) for the angst. I have a full on dramatic story for her in my mind, lol.

21 Likes

Marla sounds awesome. Similarly to Surina as she also shot him and is annoyed by his attempts to undermine her authority and role in the investigation. (“I worked hard for this promotion, damn it!”) But she does warm up to him during the scene with the witness where he shows a more empathetic side of him.

2 Likes

hahahahah never expected to see this meme here, Nazare Tedesco is becoming famous haha.

1 Like

My MC (whom I named Emma Kingston because the name options are good enough that I don’t feel a need to pick another) is a temperamental menace who cares deeply for a select few people but will go off the rails if you piss her off.

She’s all about emotions and lacks any and all ability to plan ahead. 10/10 is gonna jump straight into the middle of things without a thought, 11/10 will still somehow manage to get the job done. (It’s just gonna be a lot more complicated.)

She hates having people butt into her cases or treat others carelessly - and Ava just presses all her buttons. Mix that with Emma’s rather volatile temperament and you can bet your ass that whenever the two of them are in the same room together, there’s gonna be fighting. And a load of sexual tension.

Emma will fight everyone and everything, including Morgan if she doesn’t learn to put out her damn cigarette inside buildings. Even if it meams giving her mouth something else to do.

Farah is a bit too touchy-feely for my slow-to-trust MC and it’ll take a while for her to warm up to someone who tries to touch her at the very first meeting.

Because Nat is a compassionate sweetheart, Emma’s going to have the easiest time trusting her. She’ll also feel really bad if she ever blows up at her.

All in all, my MC is heavily inspired by The Hollows Series’ Rachel Morgan as far as her impulsive personality goes. Except she won’t reject the gorgeous lady vamp she is obviously meant to be with. (Excuse me while I suppress the bitterness.)

9 Likes

Well geez if they’re scrolling through all these past messages and seeing all the screenshots of Steam, I feel like I’m the odd one out plays these on his phone. :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

I play it on my phone too, you are not alone :laughing:. I love to read in my breaks at work (or in the toilet :blush:).

8 Likes