The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

March 8 is not unreasonable. It could also be March 1st, but I cynically think that might be too generous for Steam.

6 Likes

Okay so, looks like the release date on steam is March 1st. Which i kind of saw coming, but hopefully it releases sooner on the app stores?

Isn’t my screenshot, i took it from tumblr. Greatest thanks to them for finding a release date.

Creds to: @fangirlnamedegypt on tumblr, give them a follow.

25 Likes

I was comparing the release date of the previous CoGs and they almost coincide with their Steam counterpart (the latter being late a day or two) so most probably we will get to see it next week.

Only a few days to go guys. We must have patience. =)

Edit: I found that site a few days ago by accident, didn’t share it because I wasn’t sure if it is final. I don’t want to get other people’s hope up if it changed. But if anyone is interested, just searched “steam db wayhaven chronicles” in Google.

2 Likes

steamdb is not an official website from steam. the things in there are estimated. every time steam doesn’t give an exact day, steamdb staff always put the 1st. for what we know the game may as well comes out the 30 of march

9 Likes

That date is Steam DB placeholder. Wait for the official channels to announce it, everything else is usually false speculation.

7 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. I guess time to do other things to keep me busy.

3 Likes

If Steam is already delaying the release till March, what else exactly is going into the process of deciding a release date on that platform? I’m honestly curious.

This is just a theory, but I feel like from a monetary standpoint, you would want to release on other platforms earlier so that you could earn more downloads/money from those other platforms. Many business models take advantage of people’s impatience to get what they want.

12 Likes

IIRC from steamworks documentation, if the store page went live (along with community hub), that means Steam has reviewed the product and approved it. Now it’s up to a developer/publisher to set up a release date at this point. There’s one rule though:

For new products, you must have a Coming Soon page up for at least two weeks before releasing.

let hope they don,t f… up

Don’t they usually release games on a Friday?

I see…

So if TWC’s page was up Feb 15, there’s a possibility that we could have it March 1? One can hope. XD

3 Likes

The game’s page in Steam (from where I sit) promises it to be out on 1st of March. Could Steam be a dirty liar? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I think it could. But there is hoping that this is the actual date (and not a day later).

steam really need to stop doing that , gog is one plattform that is gaining more and more people as of late, and im sure if steam keep messing with people and devs they will pass to gog for sure.

anyone can be a dev in gog and free.

https://www.gog.com/indie

if u compare this to steam …no doubt in some years gog will be the top 1 App for gamers.

3 Likes

Not saying it’s definitey the 1st, but recent releases have been on Thursdays so that would track with the recent release schedule. That does mean absolutely nothing though, if all placeholder dates are the first of the month they come out on.

3 Likes

I think it’s usually Thursdays, so a 3/1 release would align with those trends as long as it’s not just a placeholder.

81 Likes

Why am I here it’s definitely not March yet? My poor heart doesn’t know any better :cry::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe we should try focusing on other stuff to get minds off the game release?
Like maybe talk about our mc and what kind of person they are? I’d be interested in hearing others

14 Likes

I second that, although, I’m not going to break the ice. Someone go first…

2 Likes

How about aesthetic boards for our detectives? (I was already making one :sweat_smile:)

37 Likes