The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

According to Sera, you will get to choose who to romance whether or not they have enough flirt points

5 Likes

Ah, thanks, soooo… what’s the deal with the friend or flirt points? is that there just because?

I think Seraphinite has said that you don’t have to flirt, or at least you don’t have to flirt in what she’s written so far that we’ve played, to romance any of the characters. She said there’s going to be a scene that definitely initiates the romance whether you’ve flirted with them or not, later on in Book 1. So I don’t think you need to worry about being locked out because your character isn’t super flirty but someone correct me if I’m wrong.

3 Likes

I think with the flirt points, it changes interactions and how the character you intend to romance reacts to the MC. And it allows you to see more of the build-up to the romance. Again, someone more knowledgable can correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

That’s it right there. My MC, for example, has been subtly flirting with Ava (even less so with Nat–mostly friends) along with trying to be diplomatic, stays friendly/cordial with Farah, and… has a low opinion of Morgan. The points would reflect that.

1 Like

My MC is sort of like her but she’s also a sweetheart? I love Lauren and Lucifer! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

How did I never see this before? Absolutely life changing :ok_hand:t2:

3 Likes

@ all the mcs who shot adam

44 Likes

Then theres that one person who would just shoot him…and everybody…just, just kills the living altogether really.

@Elsee - Please don’t tone it down! Enthusiastic and excited responses like yours give me life :smiley: You should always let your passion show through!

@Prism_Stars - So amazing! :smiley: As for Felix/Farah, I won’t reveal those details yet, but they will be discovered during the course of the books :wink:
As for friend and flirt points, @Dizzie is spot on. You can choose a romance with any of the team, regardless of friend or flirt points. They’re in there because you do get a couple of scenes based on flirt points later on- but after the ‘commitment’ choice, flirt points won’t matter except in the love triangle. You can play your Detective however you like and the romance will still progress.
The friend points come more into play in later books :wink:

@smallraindrops - Lol! Yes :smiley:

Aah, guys, I’m loving your ‘casting’ choices for the characters! It’s always such an awesome thing to see how other people see the characters in their imaginations :smiley:

Progress Update

Are we at Friday already? Lol!

So there’s not really much to update anyone on, unfortunately. Still just waiting for the moment. Though CoG have released a couple of (awesome looking!) games recently, so I’m hoping that Wayhaven might move up in the queue a little :smiley:

I’m currently pushing through work stuff to get things done ready for my Christmas break. I’ll be taking time off away from the computer completely for a couple of weeks, so I’m really hoping to get some news possibly before then (end of next week).

Until then, I’m still answering asks on my Tumblr (http://seraphinitegames.tumblr.com/), and enjoying reading the comments and theories on this thread. I’m so excited to reveal more of the characters the deeper we delve into the books :smiley:

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend, and I’ll talk to you all on Monday! :slight_smile:

51 Likes

@Seraphinite haha well, thats great! That was the thought. Appreciation for something amazing should be duly given. However, some people might find my enthusiasm as an annoyance? or idk… weirdness? sigh. idk. im not a very mature person sooo things go over my head a lot i guess. shrugs

6 Likes

Of course I shot him, who would not have done it? He is an arrogant, selfish, self-assured idiot and I do this every time I play the game. Because any human (or not human… humanoid, okay) have no rights to assume that they are better than others. If you think so, then … someone will definitely shoot you. And I am quite sure that if I had the opportunity, I would punch him in the face after I shot him. No regrets.

13 Likes

Amen! I like the character but if they’re gonna be a prick I kinda have to be one too.

Now my headcanon, thanks for that I didn’t even realize how much I love/needed this

1 Like

I shot him…with pepper spray. :laughing: (The best way!)

8 Likes

Now… What kinda reveal are we talking about :smirk:

Sorry I saw my chance and I had to take it
I wouldn’t mind if Adam was revealed a little bit

2 Likes

This is why you don’t wear much and then say your cold to get them to give you some of their clothing…it’s genius!

6 Likes

It’s a dead meme but I couldn’t help myself

56 Likes

Just assign people/places in the history books with names from Wayhaven Chronicles.

7 Likes

Goes to school one day takes test
Question 6. Who shot Lincoln?
Adam
Question 8.
Who is Russia’s longest ruling female leader?
Farah

gets test back failed but gets note from teacher saying
I was a fan of the game too, but I still had to fail you.

27 Likes