The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (Discussion) FAQ Located on Post 2

Ask about Rebecca favoring someone from UB for the MC

So I saw there was an ask on Sera’s tumblr about what Rebecca’s reaction would be to MC dating which was answered w/it’d vary, but it reminded me of this ask that I came across a way back about if Rebecca would have a preference as to who the MC dates of UB, and she does!

“I suppose she’d probably favour the MC being with A. It’s the obvious choice, really.”

So, fellow A-lovers, rejoice. We might not get the earliest open romantic gestures or to jump in between the sheets anytime soon, but we have Mom’s favor re: our choice. (Haha, which doesn’t amount to much if your MC doesn’t have a close relationship w/her, oh well)

11 Likes

Farah wears clip-on earrings! (For some reason I find this cute)
Has anyone worn clip-ons that don’t slowly get painful to wear, or is Farah just Suffering For Fashion?

jhasdhflksdf AU where F has lots of piercings :eyes:

5 Likes

Any clip-ons that claim to be non-painful are liars, so Farah must, in fact, be Suffering For Fashion. Considering she’ll wear her scarves until she literally cannot, we knew that though.

5 Likes

As far as finding out about pregnancy for my Detectives:

Alice would probably be very worried about juggling her kind of work and a kid. She’d probably be in the denial camp with Adam for awhile until it started sinking in. She would then probably get overprotective and moody. Might even start whining and making Adam get her all types of weird things. I don’t think you’d want to be around a a pregnant Alice. Unless you are there with F for a laugh.

Alice: I said ginger-peach tea, Adam. This is just ginger tea! And I said honey not sugar.
Adam: It’s not that different–
Alice slaps the mug off her desk, halfway across the room
Alice: Do it again, Adam!
Adam: You are acting awfully childish–
Alice: DO IT AGAIN!!
Adam reels back a step in surprise before hastily going back to the kitchen
Felix: snickers

I can’t see Emma being surprised by pregnancy. She’d have planned for it already. She would also be adept with dealing with Nate’s hovering and overreacting by that point so she’d just go along with it unless it was something she really didn’t like. Like if he told her to just lie in bed all day and let him take care of everything. She’d probably force him to sit down on the bed and scold him. But Emma is usually cool as a cucumber so she’d deal with everything well.

Luca would drive Morgan nuts. She may even kill him. He’d be Nate x2.

Luca: Are you sure you don’t need anything? Do you have any cravings? Do you feel sick?
Morgan: sighs
Luca: How about blood? rolls up sleeve You can have mine.
Morgan: Luca, shut the hell up. I just want peace and quiet.
Luca: Oh Ok.
Luca sits still for about a minute
Luca: What about the air in the apartment? I heard pregnant women are more sensitive to smells and you are already super sensitive. I can get some candles or incense–
Morgan: growls and wonders why she loves this dumbass

3 Likes

(posting my replies on here bc this is Very Important Information™ for everyone to know about Charlotte)

http://jay-wells.tumblr.com/post/174727516704/herwhisperisthe-jyp-because-nothing-starts-ur

@Hannah_Minger Charlotte absolutely has that shower head, but the minute Nate first takes a shower at her apartment, he will sit her down and make a very serious formal request for her to get rid of it.

Nate: It’s just…disturbing.
Charlotte: But it’s so funny! Geddit? Because he’s constantly suffering?

This does not help endear Nate to Star Wars.

It’s ok tho, he manages a compromise to replace Vader with a showerhead that is a few inches taller than Nate, but she absolutely refuses to budge on replacing the Death Star waffle iron, that is the hill she’ll die on.

Nate: You don’t even make waffles.
Charlotte: I like the option!

12 Likes

Our MCs would get along really well, I love Charlotte so much. This is my headcanon for Charlotte’s kitchen:

Nate refuses to cook for her.

10 Likes

I WANT THAT FRIDGE.

And yes, yes, this is exactly what Charlotte’s kitchen looks like, 100%!

But all the utensils have lightsaber handles! And there’s an R2D2 cookie jar! And last but definitely not least, a Death Star kitchen timer that plays the Imperial March.

You’re wrong @SirEdmund Nate will cook here, eventually, when Charlotte gets sick and requests soup and he can’t say no.
Mwahahahaha he has no choice because he fell in love with a NERD.

10 Likes

You’re right, I had not accounted for Nate “Too precious for this world” Sweetwell, of course he will cook for poor, sick Charlotte. What a fool I am!
Nerds are the best, that was secretly a picture of my own kitchen.

8 Likes

So I have a question for you guys, what are your MCs’ drinking habits?

My main MC Vito is like

Summary

unnamed%20(21)

9 Likes

Uh, Zoe (F) drinks coffee? Paige (N) drinks coffee too. I don’t think Emma (M) takes anything stronger than tea. Veronica (A) drinks water, juice, ice tea.

I have a personal thing against alcohol (I’m underage myself, and other reasons), so I never imagined any of them drinking.

3 Likes

Alice is a beer drinker. She will occasionally indulge in harder liquor but one drink of that is enough.

Emma is a snob, classy martinis or wines. Not opposed to pairing drinks with meals. Emma shares a high taste with Nate in the food and drink area.

Luca is a lightweight so he’s most often a designated driver. On the rare case he indulges on special occasions, he does tend to get more suave when he drinks but it doesn’t last before he is asleep. Usually only a drink or two.

As for the nonalcoholic drinks,

Luca: tea
Emma: tea, cappuccinos, smoothies
Alice: coffee

1 Like

Ilya (A) is a teetotaler. She has had alcohol before, she has been drunk before, but she doesn’t like it. She hates the taste, and she’s a cuddly drunk, which you may recognize as “not a very safe thing to be”. She also, you know, kind of hates losing control. In non-alcoholic beverages, so 99.999% of what she drinks, it’s usually caffeine, which she affectionately refers to as “liquid sleep”. Otherwise, it’s lemonade or occasionally fruit juice.

I don’t think anyone is super familiar with any of my other MCs, since I had a complete overhaul, but you get them anyway:

Stephan (N) drinks only occassionally, but when he does, he drinks for strength rather than flavour. If it’s social drinking, he’ll nurse the same whatever-is-cheap-on-the-menu until the end of the night, just to be “participating”. Most of the time, he drinks water or sports drinks. (He likes the blue one. He’s not sure what the flavour is called, but he likes it.)

Auren (M) is not picky. She can and will drink just about anything, though she’s very careful about quantities. She prefers tea (she’s a fan of black teas) or water most of the time, but alcohol doesn’t phase her one way or the other. She is, however, very careful not to ever actually get drunk, because she’s very suspicious of everything and everyone.

Tadhg (F) very rarely consumes alcohol. When he does, it’s usually wine. Usually fruity wine. Most of the time, he drinks a disgusting amount of coffee that looks more like chocolate milk because of all the cream and sugar he drowns it in. He’s the guy who buys the $5 drinks at Starbucks 8 times a day.

2 Likes

Blaire (M) doesn’t really drink alcohol, there’s other stuff he’d rather indulge in. He will drink a bottle or a shot or two occasionally but it’s just not a big deal to him. Though he can handle his alcohol. His favorite drink is lemonade, but usually has water just because it’s easier to get and have around, doesn’t like coffee or tea but has stuff lying around incase someone does. No energy drinks.

Sienna (N) does drink but only if the occasion calls for it. She’s a light weight though, so she limits herself and always has someone she trusts around when she does indulge. She’s a big caffeine drinker though, so tea or coffee is her go to, and she likes the strong brews to really keep her going. Not a big fan of soda or energizer drinks though, since Sienna is big on being healthy.

I am (was?) a longtime lurker on this topic. I really liked TWC and I am curious about the sequel.

My main MC, Anne (paired with Adam), isn’t much of a drinker. She would likely have a low alcohol tolerance. Anne would enjoy caffeinated drinks such as coffee and tea (she prefers tea).

1 Like

Lucas’ main (alcoholic) drink of choice is beer. (I have a headcanon that Wayhaven has a microbrewery nearby). While he’s not opposed to mass-market brews and is a believer in not criticizing free beer when offered, he loves trying new beers if they sound tasty enough. He’s also a fan of whiskey and a few other liquors, but doesn’t exactly believe in mixed drinks. The only chaser he usually takes is water or another shot. Wine is okay, but mostly at fancy dinners or other special occasions. He knows what alcopops are, but doesn’t see the point in them.
He doesn’t drink too often, and rarely ever gets drunk (not since some incident when he was 22). Murphy would’ve had a better result on getting him to relax with a few drinks. Most of the time, it’s only a beer or two, with liquor only with someone he trusts. He’s not exactly a lightweight, but he has a reputation to uphold.

Aside from tea and coffee, he mostly drinks water, fruit juice, and soda (and he’s trying to cut out soda). He loves cranberry juice, either by itself or with other juices.

Initially? Confused and betrayed, then infuriated. He wanted nothing to do with her after that. By Chapter 1, it’s morphed into an annoyance.

Non-alcoholic:
Lauren: tea, coffee-flavoured milk, other mild coffee variants as long as they’re not too sweet.
Kira: Coffee, hot chocolate, any kind of starbucks sugar-caffeine abomination. Had a brief energy drink dependency in college so doesn’t touch it anymore.(the headaches were hell.)

Otherwise

Lauren generally dislikes being drunk/tipsy in Wayhaven, mostly it just feels weird to her, but she’ll indulge in a drink or two; but tea is usually her go-to after a bad shift. Outside of Wayhaven she can enjoy a good party when the mood strikes her, and I imagine if Bravo ever does manage to get her drinking, she may surprise them with her tolerance.
She likes wine and mixed drinks, though every now and then she’ll go for a beer. “Affectionate” drunk.

Kira doesn’t like getting drunk but she enjoys being tipsy! Did her share of social drinking in college, but it was mostly with a small group of friends. She was, and still is, a lightweight who doesn’t take much.
Mixed drinks and cocktails primarily, the sweeter the better. Sucker for a good peach bellini.
Incredibly affectionate when tipsy, but turns sleepy if she veers too far into drunk territory.

Despite being much smaller (both in height and bulk), Lauren could drink Kira under the table several times over.

All this talk of my MC’s in college makes me wonder…

People whose MC’s were either ex’s or ex-friends with Bobby - how did they handle being used?

Bobby's always an ex for mine

Lauren was pissed and wrote a spite essay last-minute, and never really forgave him. She took both her academics and her relationship with him very seriously.
Kira was mad but later laughed like “man, I bet she put more effort into editing it than I did in writing it” and then handed in some slap-dash essay that got her a passing grade. Initially upset but barely cares anymore.

3 Likes

My MC’s reaction was kinda like this

Summary

unnamed%20(22)

4 Likes

Blaire is in complete denial about it. When it’s brought up they used to date, he insists that they were just “sleeping around”. During the first initial days after it happened, Blaire locked himself in his room and didn’t talk to anyone about it. Once the shock wore off, he came out acting like everything was fine and proceeded to focus on his studies and hobbies to get his mind off of it. He gets really bitter and angry about it if he thinks back on it for too long, and likes to pretend “it’s over and done with, whatever no issue.” He was deeply hurt about the entire ordeal, but now channels it to faux apathy.

3 Likes
Drunks below

Emma doesn’t drink often, but when she does she’s drinking to get drunk. Hard liquor only please. Either a grumpy or funny drunk, no in between.

Cassandra likes the occasional glass of wine or champagne, but she only drinks occasionally. She’s a giggly drunk.

Hayden likes sickeningly sweet alcohol, and tends to drink more then she likely should. That said, she has a pretty high tolerance. She’s a little more flirty when drunk, and less in your face. Alcohol tends to go straight to her legs though, so she’d be in a bit of trouble getting anywhere when drunk.

DINKLEBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERG-I mean...BOOOOOOOBBYYYYYYY!!!

Emma was completely pissed that her ‘friend’ screwed her over. I imagine they got into a few pretty loud arguments before she just started avoiding her, which she still does whenever possible. Chances of them ever becoming friends again are slim, to say the least.

Cassandra was heartbroken. She’d thought her and Bobby were nice and steady in their relationship. She probably cried for weeks before getting up the nerve to end things between them. She’s still pretty hurt.

Hayden was stunned initially. She took her studing really seriously for one, a fact that Bobby knew, and Bobby was her first ‘real’ relationship in a while, so it really caught her off guard. She wouldn’t have outwardly shown much of a reaction other then maybe a sneer and a snarky response, but she felt it for quite a while after.All that said though, she doesn’t mind Bobby that much anymore…usually. Bobby does know how to press her buttons.

4 Likes

Jax (F) doesn’t drink because she’s convinced alcohol, as a depressant, would ruin her mood, and she doesn’t like anything mind-altering, anyway. Since she doesn’t drink booze at all, she tends toward bottled water (Perrier, preferably, or vitamin water) and iced tea. Every now and then, she’ll have an espresso because she thinks it’s funny to spaz out on caffeine.

Nyx (A): With alcohol, she will have a drink now and then, under the right occasion. Typically, her choice of booze is something simple, like scotch on the rocks. For non-alcoholic, she guzzles coffee for energy and to make up for the fact that she doesn’t sleep enough.

Wolfe (N) is convinced she can drink anyone under the table and turns into a somewhat giggly and loud drunk quickly. She goes for the fruity drinks (vodka and OJ, rum and OJ, pretty much any booze and juice). For non-alcoholic drinks, she prefers bottled water (Evian, preferably) and hot tea with honey and ginger.

While Wolfe thinks she can outdrink anyone, she’s never met Dezh, who actually can drink anyone under the table. She has a ridiculous tolerance for her size, basically because she’s been drinking since she was in 8th grade. Dezh only goes for hard liquor (beer is for wussies and little girls), typically tequila, whiskey, shooters, or everclear and some random mixer. When she’s actually reached the drunk stage, though, she suddenly becomes an open book–and will answer any question she’s asked, in detail and with the hard cold truth. She’s also prone to bar fights when drunk… For non-alcoholic drinks, it’s coca cola all the way, and water when she has to. The only hot drink she’ll touch is hot chocolate, with lots of whipped cream…