The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (Discussion) FAQ Located on Post 2

Blaire would be shocked and unsure, mostly because he wasn’t expecting to have kids at all for the most part. It was always a toss up of “well I really doubt it’ll happen” and “well if it happens, it happens”. So it’s not exactly something he planned to actually happen and knowing Mason, he’d probably just want to rip the band-aid right off tbh. A straight up, “okay so this is a thing that might happen, I need to know how you want to proceed with this.” Even knowing Mason is probably going to react badly, he’d still be very upfront about it and wait till he cools off before really planning anything.

Sienna would be worrisome over the entire ordeal. Her?? Pregnant??? With a vampire??? Is that possible??? While she would be happy over the thought of her and Nate having kids, she’d be just be really concerned over anything that could go wrong or what that means for their child. Sienna knows though that Nate would be over the moon and help reassure her and genuinely be Good Partner, and is thankful that someone will keep a cool head in the situation.

@Taylon_Rosas welcome!

2 Likes

“N trusts the MC, but doesn’t trust Bobby, lol.”
I wonder why N doesn’t trust Bobby. Sure he may be a a**hole who writes gossips, but what has he done to earn N’s distrust. Especially since N is like the most trusting member of UB.

Lol, I think my MC, Henriette, would be very shocked and at a lost of what to do herself. She’ll probably be going “No… no no no… no way…” She’s not good with kids at all (and didn’t plan to have kids).
And if she is dating Felix, I can imagine two equally stunned people, just staring at each other in surprise and confusion.

3 Likes

Depending on what you do, Bobby does get caught bugging the detective’s office… and N may or may not know about Bobby using the MC for their work when they were together, or just pick up on the detective’s mistrust. I imagine they’re quite good at reading people by now, and Bobby is a snake in the grass.

8 Likes

They deserve the title Agent Suavewell after all. THEY DID NOT WORK HARD NOT TO GET THIS TITLE FOR NOTHING

8 Likes

Turn the situation around and suppose the MC was suggesting a breakup - how would UB deal with the loss?

There’s was a sort of answer to this: but it doesn’t exactly pertain to an actual breakup.

I can imagine -
A: bury themselves in work and suppress whatever emotions they are feeling
F: probably be crying for days
M: probably be sulking for days, and become even more broody (not sure though)
N, I have no idea how they deal with breakups

3 Likes

(Assuming that this was unplanned) Lucas would be a mix of emotions. At first, he would be nervous. He’s never been a dad before and never really had anyone show him what it was like. Compounding this is the fact that his own dad isn’t in the picture and hasn’t been for something like 20 years, and he’d feel the pressure not to screw up. He never even gave fatherhood much thought, as he assumed that he would be stuck at his job for the rest of his life. Ava being Ava, and them being similar enough, would probably just add to it. After a while, he’d shift into a thought process like “This is happening and you will adapt like you always have.” He would try to balance the need to have a normal life and upcoming fatherhood (and keeping Ava as stress-free as possible because he doesn’t have time for that). After that, he’d try to keep things as normal as possible for a relationship between a man and a vampire old enough to be his ancestor.

I dislike pregnancies and infants so much my MC would never get pregnant or get the RO pregnant. Never. And, if possible, not the ending when they have children and are a big happy family - i dislike that too. An ending when it’s just the two of them happy and together is ideal for me

4 Likes

Well, I’m assuming the pregnancy thing wouldn’t happen until late in the romance, in which case I believe Charlotte would be…nervous…not because she doesn’t want the baby, but because she’s already skipped past that part (keeping the baby is pretty much a given) and is now trying to figure out if she can even afford a mortgage because you can’t raise a baby in an apartment this size, what about maternity leave—oh god, I can’t afford to leave the force!—NATE, what if the baby doesn’t like Star Wars??? and then she’d just fall down and sob hysterically at that thought in particular.

6 Likes

Keep the child away from all the newer star wars stuff for their entire life until 10 - 11.
Then introduce them to the series in the intended order.
4 - 5 - 6, 1 - 2 - 3.

Everything after those is pointless so. You know. Well Rogue One was okay I guess.

Ok, first of all, the best viewing order for first timers is 4, 5, 2, 3, 6. Phantom Menace is unnecessary unless you’re trying to entertain a five year old, but then they’re not going to sit still long enough to watch six movies to begin with, so just chuck that right out.

Then, a week later, while it’s still fresh in their mind, you trick them into a second viewing against their will so they can’t say now. This time, you go R1, 4, 5, 3, 6, 7, 8.

Then, that friend never trusts you again when you invited them over, so you cry yourself to sleep while rewatching A New Hope on repeat.

That’s how you Star Wars.

- Charlotte, at some point, probably

7 Likes

I didn’t like the new movies though… they just… weren’t good. They were not up to par so to speak.

2 Likes

I’m literally sitting here, in my room, reading your comment, surrounded by Kylo Ren merchandise.

3 Likes

He’s not even a good villain. He’s kinda just there and grr. That’s it.
“I wish I was as cool as my uncle, Darth Vader.”

I would have rather Disney kept everything from the expanded universe and just made movies out of those instead of… you know… pretty much scrapping the entire expanded universe. But we’re gunna go off topic if I continue.

2 Likes

yes, yes, let’s agree to disagree.

So, I was looking through Sera’s asks again (because I’m t h i r s t y for new material), and this caught my eye:

So there’s human-born versions of each race there’s human-born Fae, omg YES, which is…amazing news. Fantastic. I love it. I love everything about it.

8 Likes

I think N might try to talk it out and see if they could make things work with the MC. But they would respect the Detective’s decision and do their best not to make things awkward. Then as time went on they’d probably lose their glowing positivity, start questioning themselves, and probably might start crying when they are alone with A and realize they lost their soulmate-- and OMG, please never do this to this poor ball of sunshine. My heart can’t take it :sob:

6 Likes

This is very good ask. :grin: F vlogging about conspiracy theories is just such an amazing concept, and so is N being a book blogger (not that it could ever happen, I think, them being so hopeless with technology). A’s comments section would probably be full of thirsty comments, which would annoy A greatly… Combat/self-defense is a serious matter, after all!

12 Likes

I have to agree with A’s. Lots of comments if A is single and such. :joy:

I don’t think M’s video will get uploaded, it will be removed by YouTube immediately. :joy:

But I will most likely subscribe to N’s and F’s since I am looking for a next book to read and I love conspiracy theories. It wouldn’t mind watching A’s videoes especially with their British accent. sigh

7 Likes

Probably they’d pretend to be fine, hurt privately and have a tough time being around the Detective, especially if they moved on with someone new. I think they’d be okay eventually, though. They’ve been through this before, and they’ll get through it again. Maybe A would offer to spar with them and just listen.

Don’t worry, I’m on your side about the new movies.

F vlogging about conspiracy theories…F is a conspiracy theory!

3 Likes

I would also add for A channel videos of classic cars and how to maintain them.

2 Likes

Madeline - Adam: She’d be thrilled with the news, but would be really anxious over how A would take it. She’d have to work up to telling him and would freak out thinking that he’d get around to picking up on it with his senses before she gets the nerve to do so herself. She would have an idea of A’s shock & denial at first, but after the shock wears off, then she’d be hopeful but hesitant about his reaction… after all, it would have taken so long for him to open up - would he for a child? She thinks A would be an excellent father.

Alice - Nate: Pretty much spot on. The pregnancy would be smooth sailing in that she would feel supported by her partner all along the way and the fact that he wouldn’t hold back his happiness would please and relax her. She might tire a bit of the over-protective hovering, but I can see her putting up with some of it to allay N’s nerves.

Eve - Mason: Fairly on with reaction.Terrified that M would take it badly or think it had been careless and fault her and withdraw. Even w/her feelings for M, she knows that if she ever had to choose between M and the child, she would choose the kid. Eve would desperately hope that always remains a hypothetical and that after teeling M and giving M space, that M would come around to it. She would be stressed even if M came around since she would feel that she would be more of the “primary parent” and do more re: raising the child - at least at first and until with time M grew into the role- so that would make her feel a bit down and lonely, too. She would definitely lean on Rebecca and her friends to help her through.

2 Likes