The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (Discussion) FAQ Located on Post 2

single tear You complete me.

But also consider:
Douglas can be Toto. Totally and completely useless but adorable.
Rebecca is Oz.
Either MC or Tina could be Glinda…
And Murphy is the Wicked Witch.

8 Likes

Douglas could be Toto…but would F really carry him around the way they would a smol bean MC? I don’t think so.

Douglas can be one of the munchkins, lol. ignore the fact that he’s taller than Felix, IGNORE IT.

5 Likes

My god, you are such a beautiful brother (sister?) to have! I couldn’t go through the struggle lol

1 Like

Now I can’t help but imagine the thralls as the flying monkeys and the tornado as the Echo World Portal.

Thank you very much for the kind words (I’m her brother but also her legal guardian so I’m like her brother parent? That sounds weird). My wife and sister are kind of all I have so if taking a few hours of time out of my week to read to her makes her happy it’s more than worth it. Plus she gets to share all her fan theories with you guys so everybody wins.:grinning:

14 Likes

6 Likes

F doesn’t need to carry him, just drag him along on their magical adventure!!

besides not ALL MCs are smol beans!!

5 Likes

I am all for F carrying around a comically taller MC like they’re nothing, because vampire strength. Under their arm, MC’s feet dragging behind them, F may or may not have found dog ears to put on the MC.

16 Likes

Now I imagine the detective wearing dog ears and something like this happening:

MC: You know I have legs right F? I can you know, walk by myself.

F: Quiet Toto. Talking dogs aren’t a thing.

MC: Like vampires aren’t a thing?

N: Or werewolves?

A: Or demons?

M: Or unicorns?

MC and F: Well of course unicorns are real!

A: Slowly shakes their head completely exhausted

17 Likes

That, or their heart breaks an a tear falls down their cheek at the mention of unicorns. Because, of course, is M the one to mention the one thing they want so desperately.

8 Likes

Ummm so… I just watched a movie and now I kind of can’t stop thinking about a song from there and N. I mean we all talked about N being from 1800’s or a little before that (and I don’t remember if we rechead a conclusion lol) and in all of those conversations I kind of assumed N being British. But after that movie I started to imagine N being sad for being a vampire and stuff and…

well here's the song if anybody wants to listen. I know it's sort of unreleated but I just can't stop thinking about it sorry

https://youtu.be/NoAg6Mi7BHk

1 Like

…Does that mean F asks the Wizard of Oz for a unicorn instead of a way home?

Or a unicorn as the way home.

Or the MC asks for a way home for all of them so that F can have a unicorn.

8 Likes

That’s why F is stuck in our world. Instead of getting a way home they asked for a unicorn. And then they get a stuffed one.

A: We killed someone for this… So that you could go home.
F: Buf look how cute it is!
M: It’s not even real!
F: But…
N: long sigh

19 Likes

Damn ninja chopping onions in my house. I’m not crying. I’m not. You’re all crying. This thread has totally not got me emotional at all. I’m seriously gonna have to fire that onion cutting ninja. Damn it.

5 Likes

M AND F ARE THE BEST OF FRIENDS HOW DARE YOU

11 Likes

Wayhaven reading habit confession! The weird things I do.
When I read M’s route I always burn Sandalwood incense.
N I have a hot cup of cream Earl Grey
F: I burn a cupcake scented Candel
A: I turn up the AC and make peppermint Hot cocoa.

6 Likes

I know this is probably late to be writing a review on this but I did want to write some likes and dislikes and concerns( I don’t know if this a place you write a review but since my Tumblr account has been long lost forgotten this is the second place I thought of). So, I’ll write what I like of this game and then the dislike and concerns i have.

Summary

one thing i like about this game is its plot ,in this game you take the role of detective who is working with a team that your mother hired to solve a murder case. Something like that is rare to see in most If or even in good majority of books(if that makes sense).
I also like what was done with the vampires, I like how each are different in sense of strength and being more special than the other. I also do like how all of them aren’t pale too.
I also liked most of the side character’s, at some parts they can be kinda meh, but i still enjoyed them

Dislikes and concerns

Summary

one thing i can’t but dislike is the personality of the vampires at times, since it will be hard for me to explain in this format one at a time with each character
M: M is the kind of character i want to get into first. Usually i don’t hate these type of characters, but i couldn’t help but hate M because there too much of a… jerk? I mean theres usually a line between “i don’t really care about you” and “i don’t really care about you and i don’t really care if I come off as rude or make you cry”, and M kinda falls under the second quote. I don’t hate Sera or people who like the character, because a lot of people love honest characters and Sera had her reasons for wanting them as a RO, but for me unless their past is just that tragic i probably won’t romance them.
F: F is a good character by itself but they felt too much like an childhood or old friend. They felt too friendly for first meeting and thats a little off since from what i gathered from the discussion they are from another world where humans are non-existent. So, i don’t know they felt too friendly, maybe it will be explained later in book two?
N:N is probably the second character i really wanted to talk about. There a nice character and all but at times they felt like they have…depression? I mean its the whole i miss humanity thing and i will do everything in power to help you thing that bothers me definitely when most of this happen when you just met the character. If its true that the character in fact has depression then its going to be hard for the romance to develop well, since depression unlike most mental illness can make a person doubt themselves multiple times throughout a single day.
A:A is an okay character, i don’t really hate or like the character. I know A falls under the tsundere trope (so does M…kinda) so for a character trope like that there one of the better kinds. Through if i have to be critical the whole “vampires aren’t monsters, but if i had a chance to turn back human i wouldn’t” thing kinda bothers me.
I think the the only thing else that bothered me is how we really couldn’t hate the agency, it mostly the since our mother work there it must be a good place thing and i doubt any of the vampires hate the agency and if any of them did, N is more likely to than the other’s. I just wish we had more of a chance to disagree with the agency

That’s about all i like or disagree about in this game. I know its too late to change the personality so, this is more of what bothered me kind of thing.
(I’m sorry if i disturbed anything with my kinda off topic or anything i said is off grammar as i am writing with a phone)(if anything in my comment is considered rude i will probably edited it to make it sound nicer as i don’t hate Sera or anyone else in this discussion.)(if you disagree with me feel free to say it as i love to hear other people’s opinions.) Sorry if this comment too long I will probably edited it down if asked.

4 Likes

Thanks for your feedback.

To be honest, the one thing that makes TWC stands out the most is because all the characters is their own person. They have their own personalities which is a good thing since you can distinguish one character over the other. This is just my two cent though and since this is Book One, we will get to know them more as story goes.

To be fair IRL, I wouldn’t go after M or A since I would get very intimidated but since this is fiction, we could bypass some of our RL limits and try them out. XD

8 Likes

Its good to share opinions because it shows the author that you’ve taken the time to really get into the story as long as you are not attacking them :slight_smile:

With that said i kinda have to disagree with u about Nat that it would be hard romancing him if he has tendencies to be depressive. I am someone who is suffering from depression myself and i am incredibly self concious but like it doesnt hinder my relationship with others that much tho granted i do get annoying with my self doubt but if we were to place it in game it would be a sweet way for a romance scene to occur? MC reassuring him and such also u cnt have romance without a little angst and besides N from what i can tell is just loves humanity

As for the rest of your opinions i agree especially with M, im not too fond of the characters who act like a jerk and dont have much of an ulterior motive but im hopeful that the next books will flesh them out even more :slight_smile:

7 Likes

You need to have a separate spoiler tag for each paragraph to make it work. =)

2 Likes

Lmao i just realized that took me 3 tries lol

2 Likes