The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (Discussion) FAQ Located on Post 2

The 5 Love Languages changed my life. It changed how I interact with the people closest and most dearest to me.
It’s simple, yet powerful concept made me rethink a lot, particulary how I should show my affection to the Detective.
Now all the anti-danger knockouts I perform on them are full with Love and Passion, my technique improved like never before!

• A███ du Mortain, Commanding Agent of Unit Bravo
13 Likes

GDit, Jumo. XD I was trying to be quiet, and you made me laugh.

2 Likes

For those who don’t want to sign-up just to take the quiz, they have an bridged 30-question PDF version (if anyone can’t open PDFs, tell me and I’ll see if I can either upload them as pics or write out the questions themselves bc this is fun!).

So here are Charlotte's results (and my little analysis)

A, Words of Affirmation- 3
B, Quality Time- 10 (the winner!!)
C, Receiving Gifts- 3
D, Acts of Service- 9
E, Physical Touch- 5

So, considering Rebecca’s absences, I knew Charlotte would find any of the answers where the other person is actually there to be more meaningful than any talk, so alas…her and F don’t speak the same language, lol. Even so, idgaf because F makes me smile, gd Charlotte will romance the pants right off of them to prove this quiz wrong…not that it’s very difficult, but still!

The gift one I’m also not too surprised about. I kinda headcanoned (even before this) that Rebecca would have bought Charlotte apology gifts, all of which Charlotte would have gladly traded for more quality time with her mom.

Speaking of Quality Time. No surprise there! The girl felt neglected, so of course she’d prefer for her everyone that she cares about to be there. And beyond that, I always had Nate as Charlotte’s canon love interest, this just kind of solidifies that in my mind! :smiley:

I’m surprised Touch lost out to Act of Service—rather, that it was such a landslide. Charlotte, in my mind, is so very touch-y feel-y, but I guess she just finds small acts of love to be more meaningful…

Anyway, this was really fun and I did the quiz for myself...

A- 7
B- 6
C- 6
D- 7
E- 4

Apparently, I’m a love polyglot, lol

2 Likes

I finished my F playthrough and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I find the pureness of it all so adorable and a cute read. I have to say there will be a lot of fluffiness in store in the future books.

Of all my MCs, Surina was the youngest of them all based from my F run. I just forgot to screenshot the ending stats darn it.

7 Likes

I’m glad you enjoyed it! :smiley:

F’s romance is just the sweetest, fluffiest thing, yes!

3 Likes

You know what F needs?

Summary

14 Likes
What about

52dcbc4a621c13b69b125752ce31970b_1024x1024%402x

16 Likes

They will 100% go to work wearing that, you know that right?

6 Likes

F: [walks into the office wearing…that]

F: Well, M, whadaya think? :smiley:

M: [takes long drag on their cigarette]

F: …

M: …

F: …well?

M: [blows out smoke] …our friendship is dead to me.

F: B-But I got you a matching one!

25 Likes

The real reason F wants to run the agency - new uniforms!!

10 Likes

Just imagine A and M’s reaction if F showed up like that…

2 Likes

I think N would drag A out into taking a long walk to cool down so that they don’t destroy the Detective’s office.

Alternatively:

13 Likes

I was thinking more along the lines of this

3 Likes

I think that’d be more N’s reaction because this incident is well above their pay-grade.

4 Likes

All your marvelous concepts gave me an idea for a game microtransaction - “Detective’s Workspace Upgrade Pack” DLC.

For only $0.99 you can turn the material of your office into cast iron (real shockproof stuff!). It’ll help greatly to withstand harsh conditions of working with UB and never again should you fear for your favorite piece of decor to be pulverized by an angry vampire!

Man, it’s genius!!! @Seraphinite, please take note! :sunglasses:

18 Likes

LMAO if you think A couldn’t break this after seeing F and the detective in matching unicorn onesies.

10 Likes

Nothing short of a diamond coating could handle A’s outburst.

2 Likes

Touche.

But if you try really hard, you can make it work. It could be a “Starter Pack”, with the really heavy stuff belonging in higher tiers. The ultimate deal then would turn police dept into a bloody fortress capable of withstanding battalion of A’s having a temper tantrum.

6 Likes

MC: And it all fits in the police department you say??? :thinking:

MC: I’ll take ten!!!

9 Likes

Physics nerd mode activated: diamonds, because of their strong atomic bonds, are very hard but brittle, possessing no natural way of absorbing energy. So when under an impact (say, a hit) it tends to shatter, rather easily. While it’s almost impossible to scratch, you can break one with a hammer into million pieces with very little power behind the hit.

10 Likes