The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (Discussion) FAQ Located on Post 2

I meant in the future books, there’s definetley gonna be some serious hurt, and I just can’t get myself to hurt N since they’re my favorite RO. Come to think of it I didn’t even save my LT play through

2 Likes

Honestly, when I went for the LT I wasn’t into the game as much as I’m now. So, I kind of disregarded A’s feelings. N just balanced my workaholic MC so much better… :grimacing:

Now I feel bad about it.

I’m not sure if I have already say this or not, but I don’t think I will play the love triangle until the seven books are out. If I am going through that level of angst, I will do it all in one go, make it quicker and deadlier for my poor soul.

I just can’t bring myself to do it with my heart in a fist for several years. I just can’t :sob:

5 Likes

Another thing is that we have a law (The 1984 National Minimum Drinking Age Act [Link]) that basically says that highway funding is tied to drinking age. So, say, if Arizona decided to bring ours down to 18, Phoenix would have their funding cut off. Interstate 10 (which goes from Southern California to Florida) and Interstate 19 (which goes from Nogales to Tucson and is part of U.S.-Mexico trade) would be affected by such a decision.

And there is no way my MC could bring himself to be in a love triangle, much less create one.

1 Like

Can you really resist the temptation? If so you are stronger than me. If I see a new route i gotta do it :joy:

If you’re doing the LT route, which one do you think you’re going to pick in the end? A or N? :thinking:

That is pretty interesting! :grin:

Yes, I can. The only reason I can, is, because ironically, I am too impatient. So, yes, I can resist because I am too impatient to have a tiny bit every year. I rather have all in one go.

Is like having the flu, you wish you could have all the horrors of it in a couple of days instead of a loooooooong week or two.

Personally, I’ve decided against playing the LT, now that I’m aware of how it should end. I’m not a fan of angst unless it leads to a rewarding resolution - and having to eventually choose one and deeply hurt the other RO is not what I’d call “rewarding”. Polyamorous relationship with both - yes, that would be a worthy goal to work for. But in the absence of such option, I’d rather stick with one RO per run.
Well. I’m looking forward to all the other LT-people reporting on their progress in future books)

6 Likes

Thank you for both mentioning this and providing an info link! I completely forgot to mention that.

1 Like

You’re welcome. I remember hearing about it in some context back in school (high school or college, probably both), and it stuck with me.

Same tbh, My detective wouldn’t be able to deal with hurting people he cares for and he’d always subconsciously chose Adam over Nate and feel horrible over the realization.

2 Likes

I’m usually not a big fan of polyamorous relationships, I think the only exception for that was a trilogy of books I read when I was a teenager called “Memorias de Idhun”, I’m not sure if the author made an english version of her books. But that was a poly relation and it was angsty and beautiful.

Regardless, I love drama and angst. And so long, we are only speculating of how the end will be. I don’t know… maybe the end will not be that horrible. I am actually quite optimistic in thinking that the end of the LV in book 7 will be peaceful.

Quick edit to add something important about Memorias de Idhun, but also a bit of a spoiler, the main female character is a unicorn.

3 Likes

I’m facing a huge dilemma. I love the bar scene with Unit Bravo and the fight scene and the whole “what’s real” convo that you get after it, but I LOOOOOVE the mid-battle flirt scene with A that you get if you choose to say at the station instead of going out…and honestly my character would definitely be the type to stay in more than go out but? I love Tina and the bar scene is so good! I can’t decide which one I want for my ‘canon’ playthrough.

5 Likes

I am the same. I’m really curious about the Love Triangle but I’d rather wait till I can play all of it through (or at least most of it)

1 Like

I know right? Those scenes are SO good! That’s why I have multiple detectives. :smile:

With my main that romances Mason, Bobby is the ex, but there is still some residual feelings there, so I went with the office because I liked the added drama on top of the flirting. My second favorite detective is with Felix, and she is also an ex of Bobby, but she hates his guts, so I go to the bar with her.

God I wish COG would implement saves or bookmarks in games. Sometimes I have to play through a lot just to get to scenes I want to re-read again. The different scenes in chapter 9 are a good example of scenes I like to go back and check out again.

4 Likes

Wait.

YOU CAN FLIRT WITH BOBBY AT THE OFFICE?! WHAT?!

2 Likes

I worded that wrong I guess. :slight_smile: You can flirt with Mason (or any RO), but I like that you have time with Bobby. In a later scene (instead of the unicorn one), you can be shocked that he/she still professes to care for you.
I like that kind of drama.

edit: Sorry @Mewsly! I did not mean to play with your emotions like that. LOL

4 Likes

Oh hey guys idk if any of you use Discord but a strictly Wayhaven discord was made by Tumblr user ‘wayhavenchronicles’ https://discord.gg/Bqzdv4W join if you want!

1 Like

Don’t do that to me I am fragile…

4 Likes

Going back real quick to the alcohol discussion, I’m quite surprised to see you guys saying things are strict in USA. Your movies, games and tv shows gives the impression that’s easy to get alcohol even if you’re under age. Living and learning then xD

1 Like

It is and it isn’t. It’s difficult if you’re trying to do it entirely on your own, but most people know someone whose parents don’t care or don’t remember to lock the liquor up or who have an older sibling willing to help out or w/e. The laws are strict, but if you really want to get it, you probably can, and depending on who you hang out with, it may just be offered by pure happenstance.

Sellers, though, are very, very strict. I had a retail job at a store that didn’t even carry alcohol, and we still had to complete training regarding alcohol sale laws, with a firm warning that, if we violated those laws, we would be fired.

But also, yeah, don’t even a little believe what Hollywood has to say on the subject. It’s like 99% BS.

6 Likes