The War for the West [Releasing Nov 14]

To be fair, I do too. I guess I misheard the comment. I meant once he’s already knocked on your door, if you skip a month without meeting him, it should stop before the month is over to when he’s at your door with his army.

Very cool. My mc is always the same (kill everyone just like poppop) so it doesn’t matter to me personally.

Yeah… no. Like I said, my intention was to walk into his house Heath Ledger style, piss on his couch, spit in his face, and then leave. Nowhere in that does it lead to me getting on my knees to please him in front of an audience. So no bug… just something I’ll never be able to enjoy in a playthrough

Well, if someone who is probably a threat to your rule walked into your castle, told you that he is indeed a threat to your rule, insulted you and then tried to walk away, would you let him go?

3 Likes

When you go to the meeting i wish there was a option to bring more than 300 men.

2 Likes

And one more will this be released on steam.

Is this the full game we are playing or is this the demo because at the end of the game I think it says something about a sequel. (Sorry If this a dumb question. I’m fairly new here)

Welcome to the thread, young lord/lady.

You are more or less looking at a rough version of the completed demo and game; it needs the usual polish (grammar correction and typos, loose ends), but the core mechanics are finished.

2 Likes

How do we get the MC to discover Jenneth’s family?

1 Like

So there will have more story when the game comes out?

I know that the combat stat is the most important and the easiest stat to increase, but is there really no way to have a good ending if you have low combat? Tried a couple different choices with the power of save/load, but honestly I feel pretty gimped if I go for another non combat character in the released version.

Edit:
I mean it’s pretty realistic, but still.

1 Like

Like noticing something beforehand with KNAWLEDGE and getting a preemptive strike? I agree.

2 Likes

No, not necessarily. The main story is finished, but you can expect a sequel.

1 Like

Author is currently working on that

Considering the options given, yes.
If I came to your house, spat in your face, and tried to leave only to then say “I have a sniper trained on your wife’s head. Toodleloo :kissing_heart:” I’d indeed expect to be able to make a fool out of you if I was convincing enough.

It’s by no means a huge issue. Just is annoying if you wanted to do that as regardless of your stats you’re unable to.

Granted the “Make Your Own Religion” route after escaping the Genderless at Ehael hasn’t been implemented yet.

Right, that’s what I mean by loose ends, because for the most part, we have a well defined story already.

1 Like

Could anyone help me, I’m struggling with trying to figure out how to get the +1 to social when I play cardreed, I get 10+ hands but I never get that +1 social

You get + 1 Social after 100 hands, not 10. Then you get +1 after each 100 + 10, to a possible maximum of five points.

2 Likes

@MahatmaDagon So the full social increase would require at least 500 hands. That might be too many. To be honest, I choose not to play Cardeed at all but even if I did, playing 500 hands might take longer than the rest of the game combined. It might also get rather repetitive after a few hundred hands. Maybe just have us play the hands in abstract meaning: it says we played a hundred hands but the player does not actually have to go through more than the first hand of each hundred.

1 Like

Yup that’s way too long

1 Like

I think what @MahatmaDagon meant was +1 Social every 10 hands after the 100 hands. At least that’s how I understood it. In any case, 100 hands is still quite cumbersome.

1 Like

The number of games for the first stat increase is determined by cardeedBaseNumber which is defined as 100. The variables cardeedSocial and cardeedCounter are also initialized to 0.

After that first increase, cardeedCounter gets reset to 0 and I think we don’t get the second increase until it hits 110 which resets the counter again and the third increase does not come until 120 and so on.

Relevant Cardeed Source Code
*label actions1

*if ((cardeedCounter >= cardeedBaseNumber) and (cardeedSocial <= 5))
 *set cardeedCounter 0
 *set cardeedBaseNumber + 10
 *set cardeedSocial + 1 
 *set social + 1
 *if ((cardeedSocial > 0) and (cardeedSocial < 5))

(It seems playing so much Cardeed has made you better at reading people and understanding their motivations)

*if (cardeedSocial = 5)

(There's only so much one can learn from cards and facial expressions. From now on, you believe you will have to hone your social skills elsewhere, and play Cardeed only for the money.)

Assuming cardeedCounter increases by exactly 1 per hand, I think this might mean we would need 100 + 110 + 120 + 130 + 140 = 600 games.