The Vampire Regent [published]

When I selected go to the Auditorium and you go into the Show Stats, the scene changes every time you in/out this menu

1 Like

I have trouble fighting the hunters too, I still die no matter what with a low Physique char. And I have to say its overall feeling like we play a very weak Regent? Everybody is resisting my attempts? I lose at Poker no matter what. I just want your money :wink:

Folks, I think we (finally and hopefully) fixed this encounter with the hunters. Indeed, there was a bottleneck at a Physique check of medium difficulty (>= 20). So, yes, it was pretty much impossible for feeble characters to survive this part. My bad.

I thank you all for the reports. Situations like this are fundamental to game development: there are some gameplay issues that @MahatmaDagon and I only find out when more people come to play the game.

That said, I’ve made the following changes on the last Chapter 1 scene, and it will be online as soon as we update the Dashingdon file (which will probably occur in the next few hours):

* Added an option for Balkanic characters to fly away during the encounter with Oswald as well.There’s an easy (>= 10) Physique check to perform this action.

* Added a “shortcut” for Aznuit characters. Since they know about the sniper rifle beforehand, thanks to the Scrying, they don’t need to pass a Physique check to grab the weapon. Characters from other bloodkin must pass this check (normal difficulty, >= 20).

* Removed the Physique check at the Induction pathway when you face the three hunters, which was causing the whole “bottleneck”. The player accesses this pathway if they (as Merovingian) or Theresa use Induction on the hunters.

* Changed the difficulty of the Physique checks when you jump out of the rooftop (from medium to easy when you jump alone and from hard to medium when you grab Theresa’s hand first).

* Added a new choice at the Oswald fight. It’s a Perception + Physique check.

@Myrtle
Oh, Russell’s such a fine guy… why would anyone forbid him from having a wee chat with dead folks? :frowning: Perhaps he just wants to learn some poetry mad skillz with Umbrage.

@Captain_Communism
I’m sorry for that. It was basically a bad design at this scene. Please see the changes we made above.

@Zarathras
Witchcraft! These damned hunters keep placing bugs in our game.

Thank you for this report! It should be fixed by the next Dashingdon update (within the next hours, probably).

@Lychnobius
Specifically at the hunters encounter, it was bad design/unbalaced skill checks. We revised this part (please see the changes above).

But generally speaking, yes, the Regent (like most vampires in the game) is quite weak when you compare them to the “classic mainstream vampire”. A bullet to the head? Dead. A knife to the guts, heart, or throat? Game over. Bleeding to death? Can happen, too. Poison? I wouldn’t drink that if I were you.

I’d say that “physical encounters” won’t be a problem only if you’re playing a high-Physique Neshmaal. Otherwise, you’ll have to work your way around. It’s a politics game, after all :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Then I at least die the way I lived avoiding manual labor. :laughing: :wink:

4 Likes

Just saw this. It’s really awesome. Love how rich and alive the world feels. Always wanted an RPG where you could simply pick your daily activities and do the simple things you want and the world would still move on without you.
My only issue which really isn’t an issue is during the fight against the hunters, I kind of feel a bit weak for a vampire.
So far it’s just @ chapter 2 so am guessing next year earliest finish time?

1 Like

@MoSalahscores
Thanks for this! Have you tried this fight after our last update (yesterday)? This encounter should be fairer now, especially for characters with low Physique.

I’d say it is pretty much unlikely, or even impossible, that we finish the game this year. I can’t give you a precise estimation, but I hope that we have all the content drafted by early 2020.

2 Likes

So it’s a collaborative game by the authors of “War of the West” and “Highlands Deep Waters”, How did I not see this earlier. The daily activies and interesting random world events, the character depth and world building. Great to see the combination .

3 Likes

Folks,

We implemented further scenes on Alice’s RO. Now you can go out with her.

I’m currently working on Morgan’s RO and it should be available in the next days.

If anyone is still having problems with the hunters encounter at the end of Chapter 1, please tell me :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Yes! Come to me, my pretty! :kiss:

Also, this reminds me that I still haven’t played chapter 2 :blush:, but I did get past the chapter 1 fight way back when you first updated regarding that issue, so yay!

1 Like

I dont know if this has been mentioned but there is an issue about learning the forbidden art, it just keeps repeating and going back to the start of that part of the story

2 Likes

This is happening because of your browser having old files from the game. The only way I know around it is cleaning your cookies(at least from dashingDon).

Reminder to delete the txt.

1 Like

Wow, I finally made it past chapter one…and also solves the case in the first say I possibly could. Lol. Maybe a miscalculation on my part, since it ended the chapter. I’m wondering if the time in which you finished will have an impact in later chapters or not?

1 Like

How can I meet Russel at the cemetery? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

@Isabella_Taylor

After you finish Chapter 2, most of the “random” scenes/sidequests become unavailable. (Chapter 3 has its own pool of such scenes.) So, if you leave some sidequests unfinished by the time you end Chapter 2, you can’t complete them anymore. And all this can, indeed, have an impact on Chapter 3.

Also, there are some specific questlines that end in Chapter 3, but you need to have completed the preceding scenes during the previous chapters. This is true, for instance, for every RO in the game.

@Saiga

If you have enough Influence over Russell, he will accept it if you ask him to teach you the Forbidden Art Mortuorati. The scene then becomes available on the “hub” after a few nights.

2 Likes

I finally got around to playing chapter 2, so allow me to bask in the glory that is the Umbrage shout-out for a moment:

called Inamorata of the Eventide by the great vampire poet John Umbrage

My darling Umbrage! I was so not expecting to hear about him again. :laughing:

—who was sentenced to death by skylight for his depiction of her in his work.

Alas, he was too beautiful for this sinful earth! :cry: Only the good die young.

Very interesting to find out how he died. (I imagine it went something like this: “But Your Honour, you must understand! There are only so many words that rhyme with ‘bewitch’!”)

And now I’m divided on whether execution is a fitting death for a poet. :thinking: I should think it ranks below a shipwreck, but above bloodletting with a rusty knife.

Also, Russell seems to think he can get away with not taking my calls. I would advise him to reconsider, or the next time he speaks with the dead there won’t be a ritual involved.

In the end I got 4/4 clues correct. Take that, Phoenix Wright! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Et tu, Theresa? :sob:

Morgan, though. I didn’t expect an executioner to be so… well, cute. :kissing_smiling_eyes: I got the feeling that here was this guy I didn’t know at all confessing his love for me, but oh, well, nevermind that. I found him rather endearing so it’s all good. :grin:

(P.S: Alice called me several nights in a row to tell me about her vision, is that expected behaviour? Also, it seems that in the “deductions” screen, the number of nights remaining to solve the case should go down, but it’s always 7 for me.)

4 Likes

@Myrtle
About Alice calling you several times, no, this was a bug.

And about Morgan… well, just wait for the scenes in which you can chat with him about his background :slight_smile:

À propos relationships, the third Alice Crawford RO scene is now online. We just updated the Dashingdon with choicescript fixes and a couple of new scenes.

Oh, and perhaps @MahatmaDagon will be mad at me for revealing that before it is finished, but…

We have been working with a friend of ours on Mordhaven’s map. She studies Architecture and Urban Planning and drew the Black Kirk blueprints/map for Highlands, Deep Waters.

Here is the current version we have (still unavailable in-game):

24 Likes

Hey I’m having trouble in starting the romance with Alice, is there a guide in how to do it?

1 Like

Cool stuff! I’ll be sure to play this again to check out the recent update! With Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines II on the horizon, this is just icing on the cake! :smiley:

1 Like

@Nerull Will Aurora, Outlaws’ leader, be a RO in the future?? (I would really like that :grin:).

Would be possible to get a short description of the points during the first options of the game?? I mean, the creation of our MC. I would like to know which choices give more points to Perception, Manipulation and Fighting(?)

PS. By the way, great game.

1 Like