The Unusual Tales Of Robyn Hood--Open Beta

Please Note that the beta is now Open. I’d appreciate any and all comments.

—Edited on 3-21-18; After taking a break from the game then taking a look at the coding at the beginning where I had done some changes, I do see where I made the errors (I have no idea why I had changed the coding). The game should proceed as normal now.

—Edited on 3-21-18 I’m finding many 404 errors. If you find them please let me know so that I can get the proper page uploaded.

Summary:

After becoming The Enemy Of The Crown, Robyn Hood finds himself mixed up with Elves, Dwarves, and Dragons after he flees England with Marian and his Merry Men. It’s up to you to help him succeed or fail on his new adventures.

https://dashingdon.com/play/christy-waites/the-unusual-tales-of-robin-hood/mygame/index.php?cb=11330

12 Likes

Hello. I think it would be better if you included a brief summary of what your game is about, so people could see if they are interested or not.

26 Likes

Also a demo of the game would be awesome :grin:

9 Likes

how will this game play out

Admittedly, if she is doing a closed beta it would kinda defeat the purpose to put a demo out.

7 Likes

I think @EclecticEccentric is right in the fact that there should probably be at least a summary.

3 Likes

The title really catch my eyes so i want to be a beta. Also like @eccentricEmpoleon says it would be nice if you can give brief summary of your game

Well the title itself sounds cool, I’m interested

I actually disagree. Just put the first chapter or two up on dashingdons. If people like what they read there, you’re more likely to get takers than asking people to commit blind to an author whose work you haven’t seen before and a story you know nothing about. There’s so many wip’s going you have to give people a reason to want to test yours in particular :slight_smile:

Entirely up to the author, but the discussion had been had before and the consensus is new to the forum authors in particular benefit from having at least most of the game as an open beta. You really do lose little and can gain a lot by allowing access to your game.

12 Likes

Sounds interesting, count me in.:+1:

Count me in I like the title

I’m in (20 characters)

I’d like to beta test :slight_smile:

I really want to know what it is about! It sounds interesting.

Oh, and it also might be handy if you told what kind of beta-testers you need. Low level, high level, native English speaker or not, how many ect.

1 Like

Not really. A demo would give the player a general idea of what the game is like, so they can decide whether or not it’s the kind of game they want to play. :grin:

2 Likes

I agree that a synopsis at least is needed, and I would further agree that new authors ought to do an open beta for their first work (indeed, I did that myself). But if one chooses not to for whatever reason, it’s a fairly decent chance this means they don’t want to share any of it out in the open.

1 Like

Not necessarily. I did closed betas for both of my games, but I still posted demos. :blush:

1 Like

Thanks for the comment. I didn’t add a description because it turns out the game was ready for beta. I found an error that needed to be fixed right away, then decided to play the entire game myself before I put it up for beta first as close, then as open.

I’ll consider that after the close beta is completed by a few people.

Thanks for the comment. I didn’t add a summary yet because it turns out the game wasn’t ready for beta. I found an error that needed to be fixed right away, then decided to play the entire game myself before I put it up for beta first as close, then as open.

1 Like