The Shadow Society (WIP) Writing Update on #1545

I like it. Bit different then most but like it

3 Likes

So here’s a question… So far we’ve seen everyone we can romance has some flaws… except Q.So far Q is just an adorable huggable fluff… so what would you say are Q’s biggest flaws? (unless of course, this is too spoilery)

5 Likes
The only thing I could think of is that...(Spoilers for Q 1on1 and the ride with them, A and G)

they probably had problems with their emotional stability. After the 1on1 scene with them, you get a short glimps into them:

She[Q] shouldn’t be thinking of him. Not one single thought. No matter how caring he seems to be. […] Words spoken by someone long ago emerge within her mind: “You are a sensitive child, Quarie. It can be as much a weakness as a strength.”

I think its refering to them being to sensetive emotionaly. Maybe the build some kind of wall around them? In the same scenes it appeares that they are not really able connect with the MC. Like they are lacking empathy in a way.
They first lay their hands on MC’s, like in a reflexe. Then:

“Thanks”, I say, and Quarie withdraws her hand with a nod. “Somehow, you seem to know what to do when someone feels upset.”
She tilts her head, looking at me as if she doesn’t understand what I mean. Or maybe she’s just not used to compliments?
“Even though you don’t talk, you seem to understand”, I try to explain. “Like how you communicate with your actions in place of words, you know?”
She just shrugs at my words, seemingly unaffected by them.

But at the same time they have high moral standarts since they are strongly against running over the shadows… A very interesting character indeed… :thinking:

One other thing: I can guess the flaws you see in A, R and M, but I don’t see one in G actually or are you refering to their past? What do you think is their flaw?

4 Likes

Might be something like envy or their obsessiveness with humans

5 Likes

@Yash Aw, thanks! That’s great to hear :blush:

@Gwenstn I can’t reveal much due to spoilers (and sometimes it’s hard to determine how much to give away), but I did answer an ask on tumblr about what seven sins was associated with the characters at their worst, and the one I picked for Q was “sloth”. The reason you don’t know much of Q’s flaws yet is because they don’t speak, thus doesn’t appear as much as the others, I would guess. But you will!

@Orchid Hmm, interesting analyze! I can’t confirm or deny much of it at this stage, but you will find out as you gradually get to know them :slight_smile:

Hmm, G is great at hiding their true self. A lot of their flaws has to do with their past, though, so I can’t reveal too much yet!

@Aleksa100 Their obsessiveness with humans can definitely be a problem. If you don’t encourage their flirting, but say “you’re not interested”, you’ll get a little insight as to why :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Gwyndal, made by tumblr user oodlesofnoodle (link to their tumblr: http://oodlesofnoodle.tumblr.com/ )

I got permission from the artist to upload this here. Thought it’d be fun to share some fanart with those of you who don’t follow me on tumblr :blush:

16 Likes

Hey when’s the reveal for R’s new rap persona

$Rheylo

6 Likes

$Rheylo’s album, We Won’t Crash

31 Likes

I was wondering if like R the others can turn into shadow animals aswell, maybe they can each turn into a different animal? Or if it’s just an ability that only R has.

2 Likes

@Twill8440 this is my new favorite thing thank u

5 Likes

@pandaboi oops, I’ll get right on that :sweat_smile: thanks for letting me know!

@Twill8440 LMAO, perfection in its purest form, love it :ok_hand:

@Nazroth Only R can transform, though there’s some complications with their other form :slight_smile: the others have other kinds of abilities! The reason that R transformed to save the MC is because they could move faster like that.

10 Likes

Don’t know if anyone has caught these yet, but just a couple grammar things I noticed!

Summary

Q’s flirt scene:

“As soon as ___ has walked out of the room, Gwyndal’s fingers stops typing. He reaches for his glasses, shifting their position from his eyes to his head.”
Should be “Gwyndal’s fingers stop typing.”

‘Hushing at me, Gwyndal puts on the glasses and wiggle his eyebrows. “Curiosity killed the human, don’t you know.”’
Should be he “puts on the glasses and wiggles his eyebrows”.

“Suddenly, a pang of guilt hits him, and the smile quickly vanishes. He shouldn’t be thinking of ____ as a ‘human’ first and foremost, he knew this.”
Should be “He knows this.”

Rheylo’s scene:

"After a moments hesitation, he promptly places the lighter in my hand with a scoff.
Should be “moment’s”.

Unsure what to do, I look at him with concern, holding out my hands towards him.”
Should be “unsure of what to do”.

“Shoving his hands into his pockets, Rheylo glare daggers at the pointy-eared man. “We were not getting chummy.””
Should be ‘glares

“I can’t help but feel surprised at his comment; Gwyndal, a smoker? That explained why he smelled so sweetly, I guess. He probably wants to cover up the lingering smell of smoke.”
To keep the tense consistent it should probably be “That explains why he smells so sweetly, I guess.”

“I smile alluringly, shifting closer to him best I can with my legs hanging out from the cracks between the balusters.”
Should be “as best I can” or “as best as I can”.

2 Likes

@Carawen I speculate that Q’s biggest flaw may be physical …“facial feature” , where he/she had been disfigure . I still think it is a good arc for readers to choose whether they like a RO with the purest of heart but plague by the flaw of physical appearance :slight_smile:

1 Like

In my view, Q’s biggest flaw would probably be is to accept themselves with what they look like. They probably have insecurities on how they look that they shy away from interactions with others because on what they look like.

Edit: Are we talking about a character flaw? Just want to clarify.

2 Likes

I am not sure whether the “flaw” is solely based on character :slight_smile:

But you may be right with your point…i just felt that it is not necessary for all characters ( whether ROs or not) to always have the best in physical form , but only hindered by their personality flaw … it will be refreshing to have a love interest who has the purest of heart but hinder by physical flaw… just a personal opinion hahaha :grin:

the author of course control all the story arc, we are only here to speculate unconfirmed possibility … that’s the fun of discussion right ? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It would be refreshing to see a physical flaw I have to agree but couple that with a personality flaw would be a great character arc in my view. Limiting a character flaw to physical only would not make an interesting character for me. :thinking:

I am looking forward to this one to be honest. XD Something to look forward alongside my favorite CoGs/HGs.

3 Likes

I was at the time, so I probably should have clarified that. Character flaws make characters more real in my opinion, so I was curious about it.

5 Likes

Maybe Q is like Mileena from Mortal Kombat. That’d be cool.

3 Likes

I agree with you on that … do you know Kuchisake-onna from Japanese folklore ? I think she qualify for someone who suffer with both physical and personality flaw…

If there is a male version of Kuchisake-onna, what do you think ? Is it even remotely possible to romance with them and convince them not to kill us ? In addition, we must hope that they will save us one day … Lol :sweat_smile:

That will be cool, but you realise her face is “horrible” when she unmask right ? :wink:
milleena

4 Likes

Maybe my MC is into some freaky stuff.

1 Like