The Paths to Greatness (Discussion) - OUT NOW!

I just tried with Google Play didn’t see either of the new games out.

2 Likes

Ok i was relly started to worry it was just me : )

1 Like

It says on the hosted games list that its pending release.

1 Like

The tudor intrigue has been released but i coudnt find the path to greatness

1 Like

Could someone give the link i couldn’t find either of em

1 Like

Go on the main page of the form and it shoud say tudor click that and it will have a link in the top left of the post

1 Like

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.hostedgames.tudorintrigue here is the link

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like
4 Likes

Thank you so much

1 Like

question!!! (spoiler) who is the poisener

1 Like

SPOILER! Only open this once you have completed the game at least once and are aware of the twist.

Spoilers inside!

Who is the poisoner? No one! The Emperor and Non’Caesura used it as a tactic to get rid of people that they didn’t like, and there never was any assassin. If they hated the MC and people were angry at them for accusing someone, then they wouldn’t feel bad about executing you, and if they liked the MC then everything was all well and good and they could spin it as you were doing something good for the empire.

3 Likes

Has anyone else been playing this today? I think the writing is fine…but i feel that (so far…i have been playing for a few hours now) that I have had very few chances to actually make a choice. And the ones I have made have mattered very little in the overall story. Also, my MC doesnt seem to talk much (I am very outgoing so this is via the non choice-ness I am experiencing) also the “romance” aspect is non existent thus far. I am confused. Hopefully this is just to get us past the initial 1st few chapters?

13 Likes

Thank you! (:

If I get your meaning right, then this is because you are not meant to be the deciding factor in this story. This is primarily a story about relationships and people, and in the position that the MC is in, there is very little they can do to dramatically influence the course of everyone else’s path.

This may just be because of how your MC acts. Not all romance options are available in the sense that people need to like you and get to know you before they are willing to get into a romantic relationship – and some simply aren’t ever going to be willing because that’s the way they are.

2 Likes

I felt the same way. I tried to play a character that really wanted nothing to do with helping the Empire, which seemed a more than reasonable reaction to me considering the circumstances but although there were some options to not respond etc. I mainly felt strong-armed through a story that I wasn’t really involved in.
Now, I’ve only played through once so this doesn’t speak to the whole experience but I honestly felt like I was just reading a story without really any agency. Not that it was a bad story at all, it wasn’t poorly written and it had some interesting characters, I just didn’t feel like I was a part of it.

10 Likes

Same.

1 Like

Oh no, I just bought the game though I haven’t started playing it hence my disappointment based from the feedbacks. I hope this is just a matter of taste in writing and maybe a different perspective will help.

3 Likes

Will this ever be available on steam? Also, i’ve been wondering as to what an HG game needs in order to qualify for a Steam release?

1 Like

That all depends on the sales. If it performs profitably it may be available on steam. You see, some of very popular HGs are available while some are not.

2 Likes

This is because you’re kind of meant to. Up until the ending, really, and depending on who likes you and who hates you, you don’t really have any agency. At least not enough to make any radical changes without everyone killing you, and I didn’t want the game to be that short, haha. (:

That’s understandable – this isn’t a gamebook for everyone, and that’s perfectly valid! The MC is supposed to feel genuinely helpless, but judging from some of the comments I might’ve done that a little too well… oops!

Thank you!

You’re right – I intentionally wrote it so in order to understand everything/get the complete picture about character’s motivations and feelings, you need to play the game on all the different mentor paths and romance different characters.

I believe that there’s some kind of hosting fee for Steam, and for a Hosted Game to be put up, it needs to at least cover this cost. I might be wrong though, or misunderstanding something that I read in another thread, so don’t take my answer as hard fact!

3 Likes