The Odessa Dating Games (WIP) - UPDATING IN MID-JULY!

Well, what’d you know… You learn something new everyday.

1 Like

I lived here. Imagine how surreal it feels lol

2 Likes

Is there a missing var?

“Yes. My has a profile on Odessa Dates as well. Father made it,” Princess Mozelle said. She looks happy to take the attention off of her mother and older for a moment. “Lots of people matched with my ,

“The Odessa Dating Games is a competition for the hand of my . The profiles that matched the best with the Prince will be invited to Dia to participate,” King Frederick explained.

Perhaps it’s a bug of some sort? I definitely played through the heir’s POV :slight_smile:

Well I thought the same and replayed from the beginning but it was the same :’) idk, can someone maybe send the link to the game for me? Who knows, magic might happen.

omg :laughing: I knew there was an Odessa, Texas, but not a place in Ukraine!

No, but I have fixed this.

No, I don’t believe so. I just played through a couple of times and the pronouns come up for me. Are you using a saved game file? Some people have had to restart after I’ve updated a few files.

2 Likes

Hey guys!

I truly believe I have fixed the question bug. I have separate branches for each heir now, which seemed to fix the problem, rather than having everything under one scene name. Let me know if you still have issues.

Other things new in this update:

• In the custom heir route, if you choose to have a bald heir, you can’t choose hair color (for obvious reasons).
  • Clarification about why you’re at your job has been added for all routes.
  • Vintage room option is now available if you’re looking for a polished/formal stat boost.
  • Added a niceish (and probably more relatable option) when talking to Lyon for the first time.
  • Added Pre-Law and Pre-Med to the degree list in the college route so it would fit better with the rest of the majors.
  • Added one final choice when the King asks if you want to compete. It’s a bit threatening.
  • Fixed wording that said you were playing with your bottoms despite being in a dress.
  • Fixed error where saying you missed connections in college decreased the wrong stat.
  • Think I got all the jerk stats, but let me know if you still encounter any.
  • Numerous spelling, mini coding errors, etc. have been fixed, as usual with any update!
33 Likes

I get this error when I first meet Lyon

1 Like

Oi, how are you doing? before I actually ask the questions I just want to say that I really, really like the wip, and I can’t wait for more interactions with zee princess, by the emperor, maybe even overthrow a group of fae, but back to the matter at hand, would you ever consider a steampunk-ish room option? what about steampunk/dieselpunk styled clothing?

1 Like

This story is quite contemporary, and modern. It also isn’t heavily related to steam/diesel punk in a way that including such would be natural or meaningful.

4 Likes

I understand that I mentioned it just for zee aesthetics, after all, if you’re not only are going to meet zee royal family but also have a very good chance of becoming part of it, style can only help you am I right? also, at the very least it will get more attention from the media, which I assume is good? right?

Tandra has included a ‘royalty’ style, which the royal family seems to greatly approve of. The media will also likely have an opinion on anything you wear since it is similar to the gossip of today. Finally, it is so niche that including it would likely interfere with the immersion of the audience because it is completely unrelated to the story/world.

3 Likes

Hi @tandra88 when I choose the wlw option, it doesn’t let me proceed

Not too sure if you know about this bug, sorry if someone already pointed it out

1 Like

Yeah, having just checked for whatever reason all of my save files have been corrupted because the code isn’t allowing the f/f choice.

2 Likes

Just played through the new update and for some reason even though I chose that the heir is charming when we meet and I get to ask him questions he has the rude personality.

1 Like

Got this as soon as I replayed demo & told the King I’ll compete

. Is this an error​:thinking::thinking:?

getting this error when trying to go to the gardens

2 Likes

Though, now the Queen of Fae already shows up, and we know she and the King of Odessa have a history, so…it’s just me, I’m prefer that now-you-know-who person in the king’s memory calling him ‘darling (or sweetheart? I can’t recall correctly…)’ whilst cursing him, at that time when the Fae wasn’t been revealed, the king been called something endearment might seem beneath his dignity, but now we know better, the Queen of Fae holds high grudge towards the king but she also loved him once, so calling him darling would be proper now, that would feel like something ominous and a suspense… I lost my train of thought at the beginning, I don’t know what I’m talking about…:dizzy_face:

2 Likes

I happened upon an error.

Summary

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll get this squared away soon.

Hi there! I’m doing great! Thanks for playing my wip! :smile: A steampunk room I would consider, but I’m not adding anymore clothing options, unfortunately. If you want something similar to steampunk I would suggest the royal clothing, which the royal family likes the most out of all the clothing options.

So, royal > rumi > smart are the best clothing options to go with if you want to earn the most points in the first meeting with the family. It’s not like the other options will make the family hate you, but they just give you less of a boost, with the exception of revealing clothing, which gives you a boost in Mozelle points.

Hey there! Whoops, must’ve missed this. Thanks.

I pushed a new update fix in the middle of the night. Please play again and see if get the right questions! :smile:

Which option did you choose and are you playing a default or custom heir?

Thanks! I’ll fix this soon!

Let’s just say that the Fae Queen is one hell of a grudge holder.

Thanks! Somebody’s already told me about it. :smile:

6 Likes