RO/Gender Advice

So in my WIP, currently you can be male, female, or non-binary. (side note, should I add any additional options to the gender choice? I’m just not that knowledgeable on the subject, so let me know!) Being the novice coder I am, I have no idea how to code for relationships that only occur based on your gender :joy: As is the case, I have decided to make every RO a possible romance for every gender. So even though two are male, two female, and one non-binary, in every playthrough you could romance any one of them. So in essence, every character is open to every relationship type. Do you think this a viable option?

7 Likes

Check this out… here

1 Like

Going by the discussions we’ve had on the subject before, a lot of people consider it the best option. Especially when there aren’t more ROs. :blush:

5 Likes

Just change the parent choice with the Ro genders

1 Like

I’d love to add more ROs, but rather than have 10 “eh” romances, I hope to make 5 solid, engaging ones. I think that has more value? Yes? No? Maybe so? :sweat_smile:
Edit: also, thank you @CC_Hill! I will look into that

3 Likes

The number you have is fine, as long as they aren’t restricted. You can always add more, if you end up feeling like something is missing, or you get a great idea for a new one.
But 2-2-1 is a fairly common selection, that works for most people.

4 Likes

That’s how I did A Kiss from Death. Every romanceable character is bisexual or biromantic.

1 Like