The Night Hunters: First Blood [Updated 10/1/21]

Hello.

I mostly spend on time lurking on the forums here that Choice of Games because I’m not really interested in engaging in forum discussions (this is the first time I actually engaged in a forum) but I couldn’t help but notice this unfortunate turn of events you’ve experienced.

I really just have one question: When you say that all of your work on Night Hunters is gone, do you mean ALL of it, including the demo code, or were you only referring to the work you’ve done since you’ve last updated your demo for Night Hunters? Given the way you’ve phrased it and how everyone is acting, am I right in assuming that it is the former?

The reason why I’m going out of my way to make a post here is because you actually can still get the code for your demo from your demo link in your top post.

If you want something to reference, this URL is pretty applicable to your situation, it works on completed games and demoes:

Please note that for whatever reason, what’s on the page I reference doesn’t quite work for your demo, but luckily, after a little troubleshooting I figured out how to make it work. I tried this out an hour ago and I was able to not only view your demo code, but I was able to copy and paste it onto a text document.

Here’s how to do it:
The URL for your demo is this:
https://dashingdon.com/play/varyn/night-hunters-first-blood/mygame/

To view the code that has all of of your scenes names and variables: simply add scenes/startup.txt to the end of it.

To view the code that is in each individual scene: replace “startup” with the name of the scene as it appears in the startup.txt

Best case scenario, you can rebuild your game from the ~7 month outdated foundation that is your demo instead of having to remake the game from scratch; which I’m sure we can all agree that is major step up.

I should warn everyone who reads my post to take this with a grain of salt. I am writing this post under the assumption that when Varyn_Ashyver said “All my Night Hunters work is gone, wiped from existence” that means that the demo code was also lost and that Varyn_Ashyver was unaware that the above method existed. I hope that my post doesn’t get people to don’t get their hopes up unnecessarily if this turn out to be a dead end or that the assumptions I made turn out to be wrong.

I hope Varyn_Ashyver luck in their all their future endeavors.

42 Likes