The Mysteries of Baroque — Rise from the dead to take revenge on your killers!

It is not by any means short. In fact is one of biggest Cog. The problem is there is so much replay value and things going on that seems short. However, You could play it like five or six times with many many many differences romances and side quest different .

4 Likes

Please don’t send bug reports to all of the moderators.

Bug reports can go to baroque@choiceofgames.com.

2 Likes

Alright, I’ll delete it.

1 Like

Is it possible for a Combat or Athletics build to stop Succoth-Benoth without going to Holofernes or Lobotomy at the end?

1 Like

A gothic novel which makes you Frankenstein-ish? To hell with cliches, man I am down. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Comment: I can’t speak for anyone else, but I think Babel would make an incredible setting for a science fantasy game in its own right. I’m a sucker for the post-singularity subgenre of science fiction, and I’m a sucker for mixing magic and super-science, and Babel does both.

Question: Is it possible to not gather enough evidence to reenter your old life at the end? I have had multiple playthroughs wherein I took no steps to gather proof of my identity, my Evidence score never budged above the minimum 10%, and I chose not to develop shape-shifting powers, and the epilogue still mentioned that I was able to resume living openly as de Winter.

Criticism: The means of getting the Spymaster achievement are fairly counterintuitive. I never would have figured out on my own that a high Science skill was necessary, rather than a more obviously applicable stat like Insight or Crime. This also means that only a protagonist with a background in science, medicine, or engineering is capable of achieving the proper skill level at the proper time. Someone who was previously a gangster or an actual spy cannot.

2 Likes

This game was great, one of my favorites so far.

Does anyone know what the highest stat check is? I played a combat character and ended with 85 combat and 50 in everything else. Is it possible to specialize in more than one thing, or will trying to branch out hurt you?

1 Like

How do I detect the torn petal to increase research? Can’t find this scene

I didn’t have the time to scroll down the comment section so I wanted to ask, has anyone romanced the boys yet (by boiiss I mean Julian, Rochus and Nicholas). But mostly, my main pick would be between Julian and Rochus, because I’m at Chapter Seven and they haven’t shown any hints of becoming romanceable. (I’m playing as ruthless, do I have to be compassionate in order to romance someone??:worried:)

If I chose to steal in the wagon to the asylum,what stat would I need to boost?

Just a quick note to say I officially love this game. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

This game really is the richest of COG and HG when it comes to atmosphere,the references are amazing to any classic horror fan,absolutely loved the bittersweet romance with chloe,i hope there’s another entry in the same universe

2 Likes

That means a lot coming from you! I tell you what, it’s hard for me to pick favorites because each game I’ve edited is a project I care about, but damn if this one isn’t a real gem. It was so fun to work on. The author is pitching a second game in the style of a 1930s cliffhanger adventure and I can’t wait.

7 Likes

Can’t agree more. I love this game!
Best Choice of games title I have I played.

1 Like

Good evening.
Is it possible to accomplish your revenge against Vincent, get the inheritance, and pursue any of the ROs all at the same time, or just one or two of them.

I ended up with either Dr. Holofernes and Mona, and NOT exact revenge on Vincent.

How do you do all?

2 Likes

3 Likes

I’ve had this waiting on my phone for ages, and finally played it yesterday. I enjoyed the dripping-with-gothic atmosphere and was entertained by all the literature references! Looking at this thread it’s fascinating how many possibilities there are - it looks like replaying will be so different. I was a former spy who was very human-focused and had a very snazzy camera eye. I romanced Nicholas and helped bring down the corrupt system and make Baroque fairer. No more child labour! Vive la Revolution! (Lobotomised myself a bit in the process but ehh, I got better.)

Has anyone romanced Julian? I was very tempted, may go for him on another playthrough.

6 Likes

Question - if anyone is still here, I was wondering how to get the ‘Keep Hence the Dog’ achievement? I thought handing the White Devil over to the mob might do it, but it isn’t firing.

On another note, this was a very good Gothic game, and I was glad to see a couple of the (possibly more?) Fallen London references:
the unspeakable Name … of an all-eating entity;)
“Silence & Savage” as the name of a firm would not be out of place in Fallen London / Sunless Sea
Morna trading in literal Secrets

1 Like

I thought I got it by doing exactly that. Boh, maybe it has to do with your character’s motivation?