This is a thread to discuss my game, The Mage’s Adventures.
As the mage of an adventuring party, you’re tasked with tracking down and capturing a violent demon under any circumstances. This already daunting task is made even more difficult when you’ve got competition from a hostile, rival party of adventurers. What’s more, you soon discover that your target wants to take you as her human vessel. Can you survive a demon who has her eye on you, and a party that will do anything it takes to win?
The Mage’s Adventures is a thrilling interactive fantasy novel by Samuel Young, where your choices control the story. The tale is a companion novel to The Magician’s Burden, set in an alternate time-line. It’s text-based, with vivid illustrations, and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
Oh, and there’s a secret member of your party as well: the demon living in your head.
- Play as male, female, or non-binary; romance whoever you want.
- Romance the cold, aloof Violet; the competitive, outgoing Mabelin; the shy, sweet Rigel; or the fun-loving, charismatic Keano.
- Wield fantastical spells: turn invisible, throw fireballs, heal wounds, and more.
- Make a deal with your demon and use his powerful magic at a steep price, or resist the temptation altogether.
- Build bridges with your rival, or exact your revenge upon him instead.
The Magician’s Adventures: The Mage's Adventures.
The Nascent Necromancer: The Nascent Necromancer
The Magician’s Burden: The Magician's Burden
My chess Youtube channel: https://youtu.be/6hd5oql3o9E
My Facebook page: Redirecting...
I’d like to announce that I’ll be making a major update to my 2021 release, The Mage’s Adventures. Like the with the update I made to The Magician’s Burden recently, its purpose is to tie the story up into a standalone.
Chapter One: 6k
Chapter Two: 8k
Chapter Three: 9k
Chapter Four: 11k
Chapter Five: 9k
Chapter Six: 12k
Chapter Seven: 11k
Chapter Eight: 12k
Chapter Nine: 16k
Chapter Ten: ?
Total wordcount: 94k
What sort of feedback am I looking for?
- Any constructive criticism or opinions about the characters, plot, pacing, narrative, gameplay, stat balancing, etc, is very helpful.
- Pointing out typos and bugs is invaluable. Context helps a lot in identifying these errors, so be specific if you can.