This is a thread to discuss my game, The Nascent Necromancer.
Sorcery is forbidden and punishable by death. These punishments are summarily handed out by the Witch Hunters, a powerful organization of inquisitors.
When a group of corrupt witch hunters comes to your village, accusing your brother of sorcery and wrongly accusing you of abetting him, your life takes a violent and abrupt change for the worse. After you’ve suffered more than you can bear, and endured terrible tragedy, perhaps your only option left is to become the very thing that your enemies fear and despise so much.
The Nascent Necromancer is an epic, 238,000 word interactive fantasy novel by Samuel Young, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based, and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
- Play as male, female, or non-binary. Romance males, females, both, or no one at all.
- Embark on a perilous journey, facing witch hunters, trolls, and goblins as you seek to gain the terrible power that will bring you revenge on your persecutors.
- Romance the cold, aloof Tozi; the sarcastic, charismatic Tanno; the shy, sweet Kenda; the kind, easygoing Meylor; or even the idealistic witch hunter, Lonnie.
- Read approximately 100,000 words per play-through!
- Choose between three kinds of spells; mental, physical, or conjuration. Cast torture spells; summon flying, undead hands; control the minds of your enemies, and much more.
The Mage’s Adventures: The Mage's Adventures
The Magician’s Burden: The Magician's Burden
My chess Youtube channel: https://youtu.be/6hd5oql3o9E
My Facebook page: Redirecting...
the currently published version of The Nascent Necromancer: The Nascent Necromancer (choiceofgames.com)
I will be making an update, enough to tie up the Yosif, Goro, and Graluk plotlines and bring the story to a close. It will consist of several chapters, and likely be up to 100k words long. It will tie up The Nascent Necromancer as a standalone story.
What sort of feedback am I looking for?
- Any constructive criticism or opinions about the characters, plot, pacing, narrative, gameplay, stat balancing, etc, is very helpful.
- Pointing out typos and bugs is invaluable. Context helps a lot in identifying these errors, so be specific if you can.
Demo link: The Nascent Necromancer (moody.ink)