The Lost Heir Trilogy

Here are all the artifacts. You are missing the Glove of Archery, obtained by opening the box looted from the troll.

3 Likes

Wow what stats did you have to get all of them.

For me, I think devices and magic are the most useful. Agility and stealth are helpful as well.

no way in hell is possible to get all of em, @pt024 if it is put a walthrough xD

Yes, Iā€™m reading. :smile:

I rarely comment or give tips on gameplay. Walkthrus and hints are for players to discover and share.

A +10 to all, or more, would be neat. But, I hate IAP. Hmmm, Iā€™ll have to think more on this. :smile:

2 Likes

id give you some cookies if u add it :smiley: (oh and if u can add a save game like the lords of aswick it will be nice to save in certain points of the gameā€¦ but if is too much workā€¦nevermind )

Like in a of Lucidā€™s games, thereā€™s tons of replay value which isnā€™t necessarily a bad thing. Itā€™s just really hard to embrace my useless character when I know I missed so much.

To save both companions that are with you, Iā€™m fairly confident that you need to land a hit at the beginning (magic works) [25 pts of damage] evade damage the next round, take out a guard in the next, take a hit to get close, remove the belt (agility, strength, or magic will work), then successfully use one of the ā€œpush him backā€ options (magic works here as well) [75 dmg].

The problem is that if you absorb a hit, then the ā€œtry to get closeā€ option will be fatal (each hit against you = 50 points, soā€¦) If you donā€™t remove the speed belt, you wonā€™t be able to damage fast enough, soā€¦

I did it differently, didnā€™t remove the belt. I canā€™t remember the exact sequences but itā€™s something like this. I poisoned him (-25) before battle. During battle, I blasted him with magic (-25), evaded his attack, kill the guard with magic, backstab him with my sword (-25), blasted him again with magic (-25). I took a few hits as well.

Sorry, the walkthrough is a bit too long to write. Itā€™s not that hard if you are an evil thief though. You should have enough skills and gold to get the artifacts.

I finally manage to keep both of my companions alive using a character with high Magic skill. I gave the MC good enough Agility and good enough Nature skill by choosing to follow the Assasin Lady when the MC escaped from the castle, studied magic and worked as an assasin, took the amulet of Nature from the Kobold during the sheep-guarding mission. Chose to work as a nature guide to increase your Nature and Magic skills.
Tried to poison the food before the fight by choosing to rent a room in the hotel after you split up your team, then listen to the rumour and go into the kitchen. I donā€™t know if this is necessary to save your companions but I always choose to do. You will be arrested by the soliders, donā€™t try to fight back because you will lose your health. When you fight the boss, use your Magic skill to damage him and avoid his attack with Agility Skill, kill the Guard when he summons the demon. Then take a hit to get close to the boss and remove the belt then kill him with magic.

A question though, if your MC has low Device Skill but you choose to have your childhoos friend as a thief, can you get the Spider Cloak? I have never been able to get the Spider Cloak before.

1 Like

I suspect that this will work (it offers the choice to have him/her search for traps, but the one time I got to that point I had a high enough device skill to disable them myself). Also, if the PC is an evil priest(ess), you can rebuke (control) the skeletons, and the skeletons can take the cloak even if the traps arenā€™t disabled.

Hmmm, an archery bard/rogue is much better than a plain bard. Pump Devices up to 30 in the beginning, pick Peter/Petra as your friend and train with Grady to get Archery to 15. When you grab the Gloves of Archery, that puts Archery at 35, with the 5 from bard training setting it at 40, which is good enough for most of the rest of the game. I donā€™t know if 30 Devices lets you nick the Cloak, I didnā€™t have enough religious knowledge nor a high enough relationship with Peter to fully explore the ruins, but I had a lot more success in this playthrough than my first. It was the first time I was able to nick the belt and beat Thurja without losing anyone.

Going to try an evil thief next :slight_smile: There is an lot of min-maxing involved, but I think if youā€™re creative enough you can mix it up a bit, still be successful, and still have fun.

I can confirm that it will work, I have tried that choice in my last playthrough and it worked. That would be very helpful for character who doesnā€™t have high enough Devices skill.
To be able to get the Cloak of Spiders, you will need both Karl/Karla and Gill/Gale (both with high relationship point) and when you approach the Cloak, you can ask Gill/Gale to check for traps and Karl/Karla to shoot the Cloak down for you.
The Cloak is also a very helpful item, it can help you avoid one of the attacks of the boss even if you donā€™t have enough Agility of Strength stats.

The game (by design, but annoyingly) doesnā€™t tell you what the devices target is for the cloak if you miss it (or make it) ā€“ but Iā€™m confident that it is 50 for sure, and more likely 60.

The problem with archery is that there are far, far too many combat situations where archery is not available ā€“ blades is much, much better in that regard (and magic is better than either, as it has non-combat utility in addition).

So I beat the game and I went to the Wilderness hoping to help a friendā€™s mother, but SPOILERS

I didnā€™t get the achievement. Was it because Gale wasnā€™t with me? She got captured by the red haired lady.

Yes. Gale/Gill has to be with you in order for it to count.

Despite some of the complains here, I must say that I absolutely enjoy the stat diversity provided here, and I believe itā€™ll only get better with the second game, since down the road you may have the choice to intentionally fail some choices so you can get a quadruple (or more) mastery down the road.

This is how stat diversity shouldā€™ve worked in many other CoG games, as compared to the utterly inconsequential and too easy stat management where every attribute, be it Sword skills or Magic or Stealing or whatever is overgeneralized into just ā€˜Attackā€™ or ā€˜Defendā€™ attribute. That it limits your choices is exactly what makes those choices meaningful - again, over-freedom of choice simply means that everything is pointless. If you want a completely customized set of skills and jobs and stats and etc then you might as well write a fanfiction or just fantasize it in your head already.

There are still some bugs that need fixing though. For example, even though I didnā€™t woo Thea, just by having a high relationship stat it is automatically assumed that Thea and I are in a relationship (which will later impact relationship with Gale and guarantees 1 or more characters sustain heavy relationship stat deduction, unless you choose Karla later on). I donā€™t think thatā€™s right.

Oh, and why can I choose any 1 of the 3 characters (Thea, Gale/Petra, Jess) to bond and sleep with, then switch over to Karla and dance in the open (Festival event) with absolutely zero consequences whatsoever? Is this intended, or an oversight? There should be a relationship stat penalty on your previous chosen partner.

This is relating to the sequel, but Iā€™m going to guess that if the one I sent to Duchess Selina Castle does not have a high relationship stat with me, that companion is going to be seduced and betray me later on, since Duchess Selina is famed for her mind for manipulation. Is that correct?

Finally, Demon Summoning is really hard to manage. You NEED the Willpower +10 early on, and every time you practice using a Demonstone your Willpower goes up by 5. The highest stat Demon you can use is the 50 Willpower one (80 is impossible for now) and you practically have to relinquish almost every other stat reliant quests except Arcana. For this first game at least, Demon Summoning feels seriously not worth it (canā€™t even kill dem Troll with it since none of the stones set it on fire). This should be emphasized in the sequel so that Demonstones are actually powerful - at least as powerful as those bastards who set THEIR Demons on me.

2 Likes

It wasnā€™t easy, but I beat the game as a bard!

Just figured out the hard way that it doesnā€™t help to be a ā€œjack of all tradesā€ kinda character in this story lol. Find one or 2 skills and stick with them, people. Or after a point, youā€™ll start to fail at everything xD.

But still an awesome game! Iā€™m about to be on my 5th playthrough :smiley: