The Lost Heir Trilogy

Just how abruptly is the first game supposed to end? Like, is just one part of a single story, and the game just stops at some point without any real closure to anything, or are you going to have it have its own self contained arc where the stuff that happens is still important and relevant to later games, but you don’t necessarily have to bet on the later games being good to enjoy the earlier ones?

It’s more like Empire Strikes Back. A self contained story with a clear arc and end, but with friends in peril and the villain still on the loose. It ends after a fight, so not in mid-action, but the grand story is clearly not over.

1 Like

I just read your summary for this, and it sounds amazing!

Wow. :smiley: Lucid, I’m a huge fan of all your games. And the summary of this one sounds amazing. I can hardly wait to see more of it. ^^

sounds good

This game seems interesting and I’m also eager to play life of a mobster.

@reaper95
Mobster is out on all the platforms but Chrome, I think.

I’m glad you are bringing this work of art back into the daylight, it was an honor to beta test this story the first time around.

All I have to say about the title debate is to make sure the purchaser knows it is a part of a set (Kind of hard with just the title) and not to look like a first part of sequels (A whole independent story itself, that is tied together by a common theme) .

Just so long as we don’t have to play the trope of the lost king returns true then this has a lot of promise and after growing up in exile I think my character would relish his freedom too much to ever want to be burdened with the resposibility of governing a nation (have you seen how even our elected office holders tend to age far too rapidly, and if they don’t it’s usually a good indicator they are puppets or very lazy) and prefer to seek out more magical power or knowledge instead. As such I’m very curious to see what the wizard and sage career paths have to offer.

I hope that this goes ahead, cause I loved the demo!

Daria makes me think of a person. I loved this game when I first played and am excited to hear you’re returning to it.

So far I enjoyed all the games you have released
So take all the time you need. Just please if possible add
necromancer and undead pets in there since I really only
enjoy Warhammer Chaos Daemons then so many
fantasy ones. Thats just me…

The artwork for The Lost Heir: The Fall of Daria is complete!

I have also finished the rough draft. It’s standing around 140,000 words, which is a nice number. I still have to finish proofreading a section and alpha test it myself. But, after that, I will be starting the beta test.

Come on over to my page to see the artwork and Like the page while you’re there!
www.facebook.com/LucidsGames

Keep your ears open for the call for Beta Testers. I’ll link the new thread to this one when it happens.

The Lost Heir: The Fall of Daria:
You are the young prince/princess of Daria. On a tragic night, you witness the murder of your parents and the destruction of your kingdom. A trusted advisor helps you to escape the palace. As the lost heir, you will have the opportunity to learn many skills as you plot to avenge the deaths of your parents and eventually rebuild your stolen kingdom. Set in a world of swords and magic, this will be the first part of an exciting new trilogy where your progress will be saved from one story into the next.

It will be several months before it’s released, but it’s coming along nicely.

10 Likes

Thanks for the update looking forward to the beta(also What! we have a like button)

2 Likes

Very close now!

I wrote another 37,000 words that will be part of The Lost Heir 2: Forging of a Kingdom

I wanted to make sure I was happy with the transition. I’m glad I did, since I made a lot of changes from Part 1 in the process. I see I finished the rough draft on Aug 27. Here I am, finished again! :slight_smile: So, a bit of alpha testing (meaning that I need to test it a bit myself), after that, I’ll be starting the beta test.

Don’t ask to join beta yet, but look for the beta test thread to start soon. Maybe even tomorrow? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wooohoo! Congratulations on getting this far! I’m really excited for The Lost Heir.

Cant wait to see it!

Yay for the good news

I hope play it again soon your previous beta was amazing!

1 Like

The beta test is up and I’m accepting people for the first wave!

https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/the-lost-heir-the-fall-of-daria-beta-testers-needed