The Lost Heir Trilogy

Stupid question but what does IAPs stand for?

@Lotus Iā€™m pretty sure earlier in the thread he said he was considering it. Or maybe he hadnā€™t considered it. It was just a question anyway no need to be bitchy about it.

@Xeno_King In App Purchases

@KelVal

In app purchases are the worst thing. Seriosly just increase the price of book a bit but no in ap purchases.

I wouldnā€™t say they are the worst thing. My Aunt develops apps and though most of her money comes from ads, IAPs also contribute a fair chunk. Hers are all free to download though which means she misses out on that set guaranteed amount.

Pay more transaction fees to get the feeling of being nickle and dimed. Honestly the cost of most COG is small enough that even on my budget thereā€™s no compelling need to spread out payments.
If an author wants to add more content to his story and I find that story worthwhile Iā€™ll gladly pay a bit more. What I do resent if having to pay my bank twice for the same story through transaction fees.

Paying for ā€œcheatsā€ in a COG is something I would never consider as Iā€™m perfectly capable of manipulating the stats and cheating on my own.

COG however has long since transitioned from an add supported freemium model to a classical paid up front one, so thatā€™s not really relevant here. However if IAPā€™s were to become more common in COGā€™s I sure hope they implement either a COG point system or a COG account where I can pay anything between $20 to $50 to be used on COGā€™s as I see fit without having to bother with dozens of (relatively expensive) small transactions.

Iā€™m not a fan of IAP either, but I see the appeal from an income perspective. I would prefer the entire game to be laid out and purchased. The idea of intentionally crippling it and forcing a person to pay extra for more features bothers me.

But, Iā€™ve seen IAP used well. Clash of Clans is a great example. They make a lot of money with playerā€™s buying gems, but it doesnā€™t make the person any stronger. It only speeds up their progress. That means a person who never pays a cent can do everything a gemmer can do and is just as powerful as the people of the same level. They really nailed it well.

I thought Iā€™d never do an IAP, but the idea of boosting the stats as an IAP has some appeal. Same idea, you could have done it anyway, if you played a lot and learned all the tricks.

Itā€™s an interesting idea, but no, I wonā€™t be doing it any time soon, @KelVal If I ever did do such a thing, it would happen after the trilogy is completely finished and released for some time. I want people to enjoy the difficulty and feel that their hard won accomplishments were worth the effort. :smile:

Hey Lucid how much of then second part have you finished? If you donā€™t mind me asking if you do then you donā€™t have to say.

About a week ago he said he had 2/3 done, so thatā€™s probably a good estimate.

All right thanks for the informationšŸ˜€

My lovely wife has given me a lot of time. Iā€™d say Iā€™m closer to the 3/4 mark at this time. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Idk how I feel about IAP stat boosts, but Unnatural does a New Game Plus where you can enter up to 3 codes to gain stat boosts and you find the codes within the game that could be interesting. Although I think it also presented some coding issues as well in Unnatural.

will polygamy or concubinage or mistresses be a part of the story?.. hahaā€¦ the glitch/bug/oversight of sleeping with petra and karla makes me wonder since you said the producing an heir and continuing the royal line as part of the next gamesā€¦

Nope. :slight_smile: Supposed to only have one at a time. Youā€™ll end up with the most recent. Iā€™ll squash that bug on an update.

The original romancing takes place in Part 1. In Part 2, you can get out of the relationship and you have the option of romancing a new character you havenā€™t met yet, but you canā€™t start romancing another or do more cheating. :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s a pity. Many royals had lovers and bastards, and I think it would have been a good thing to have these issues in the game as well. It would have added a new layer of dynamics to the relations with the ROs and between them.

1 Like

Yes, but we are a ā€œroyalā€ of a defunct kingdom, in other words in name only.
In hindsight it is quite unfortunate that our former identity has now been revealed to Zusak, the Dukes and the Consortium and could be revealed by them to the public at large whenever they so desire. It kind of forces us to play the ā€œlegitmateā€ king card in our quest to avenge our parents. It precludes us from doing such things as setting up Thea as a conquering barbarian war-chief while remaining in the background, for example.

previously games had free cheats now its like PAY PAY.
indies are slowly becoming more EA like and i dont like it.

How do you get the ring?

The Family Ring? When you go back to Elmville I think (I canā€™t remember the name) go talk to your foster parent. They should give it to you.

Okay thanks for the informationšŸ˜€

Donā€™t you have to decide not to become a demon summoner for them to give it to you?