The Harbinger's Head (AVAILABLE NOW!) *UPDATED 07-19-2018*

Oh, on how you base your words, it just seem that you was talking about the dullahan lost their head. Sorry about that!

It’s alright… I was too.

5 Likes

Re-reading my question, I see where the confusion came from; I meant the first time he lost his head, becoming a dullahan.

1 Like

The beta was very good written and quite lengthy. I was only be able to achieve 2 endings: killing both dalluhan and witches; and keeping my promise with dalluhan and in the end going peacefully with dalluhan to the after-death. I got a bit bored to try and achieve other ending.:upside_down_face: The saving system after each chapter was a good idea. Cause replaying everything all over again after dying is very boring and sometimes can take some time. Good job! I liked it!:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

this was pretty amazing! i rarely log in or dare to comment in other wips but playing this was really fun.
i restarted a few times because mistakes, but overall i took the dullahan path as everyone seemed to take as well.

I wanted to ask though if our job had any stat effects? (i was too into reading the whole wip to check, sorry) because i think its a cool opportunity to expand on :smiley:

1 Like

Hello! Just played through. I liked it- it was fun! One note, though- at the beginning of the game, I chose my character to be a schoolteacher, but later, when choosing weapons, it said I was a herbalist instead.

1 Like

I’m so glad you enjoyed it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your feedback. It was definitely a challenge writing a character with absolutely no dialogue, so I’m glad to hear I didn’t completely screw it up. :wink:

1 Like

Whew! So many responses! I feel so very lucky that everyone seems to be enjoying the game so far. Thanks so much to everyone for all of your feedback thus far! <3

I’m so glad you enjoyed it. :slight_smile: As Umbreonpanda said, how much you discover about the theft (or how he might have originally lost his head) depends on your choices and what you choose to believe.

Thanks so much! :slight_smile:

How flattering! Glad to hear it. XD He was a challenge to write, but I loved writing him nonetheless. There are a few background stories you can come across depending on your choices–as to which is the truth, it’s up to you to decide what to believe. :wink:

Thank you so much for playing it not once, but twice! I remember all too clearly how frustrating it used to be when you died while reading a Choose Your Own Adventure book and had to start all over, so I wanted to make sure dying didn’t get too annoying in my story. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much! <3 As I recall, your choice of profession does indeed impact your stats. It also affects what tools are available to you during the next to last chapter. :slight_smile:

I’m glad you enjoyed it! And thank you so much for your feedback; I’ll make a note of that and be sure to fix that in my next update. :slight_smile: Apologies for the error–that must have been a bit jarring!

3 Likes

Hello again, everyone! It’s been awhile–longer than I intended, but that’s the holiday season for ya. Nevertheless, I’ve managed to get some work done after all! The game has been updated, a deadline for the beta has been set, and artwork is in the works. Check out the updates section of the top post for more info! :smiley:

6 Likes

i advised you to change the title with update announcement so people will notice it’s been updated :slight_smile:
example : The Harbinger’s Head (OPEN BETA–TESTER WELCOME!) UPDATED 01/10/2018
or something like that :):grin:

3 Likes

I would love to beta test

2 Likes

I completely forgot that bit, I was in such a rush when I posted the update. Thanks so much for the reminder, I’ll fix it now! :smile:

2 Likes

Go for it! I would love to hear your feedback when you’re done! :smile:

1 Like

Is there absolutely no way to save the witch’s sister? It would be nice to have a pro-witch ending.

4 Likes

Need a save system just in case we die and have to start over again

1 Like

That was… Amazing. Such a nice ending.

2 Likes

It’s not that short and it is a really good story

2 Likes

Unfortunately, no. I considered it but in my mind the Morgan sisters’ part of the story was always going to be a tragedy. One of the ideas I had in this story was that death is inevitable; only how you (and others) die is variable. And I wanted to use Sorcha to answer the question of what happens if the dullahan “kills” a ghost.

But I appreciate the feedback and I’m glad you brought it up. I take the fact that anyone wants that as an option to mean that I did right by my characters. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There is a save system where you can go back to the start of each chapter. Is it not working for you?

Also, spoiler alert but if you’ve finished the game all the way to the epilogue, you should know that no matter what, you die in the end. The only thing you can change is HOW. :wink:

I’m so glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for your kind feedback! :heart:

Haha well, it certainly didn’t feel short when I was writing it. XD Thank you so much for the support, I appreciate it! :smiley:

2 Likes

Hehehe
blondlady-1

7 Likes