The Golden Rose: Book One by Ana Ventura

Awesomeness! Can’t wait to play it! Enjoy your break as well, you deserve it.

1 Like

Congratulations!! I wish you a quick release and all the success that you and your work deserves.

1 Like

Big congratulations!

1 Like

Ana congratulations!!!:tada: I’m so excited for finally reading this masterpiece! Have my money already!!
As mentioned in another platform already, I can’t wait to unravel the story, its characters and secrets. :heart_eyes:
The only game that for the first time ever I can enjoy roleplaying also as a man apart from my gender as a woman. That’s how talented you are and engaging the story and the interactions is every gameplay is unique, every interaction treatment is different depending not only on your character but their gender too.
Easily one my top favourite interactive fiction games/stories. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Hoping you have some rest after all this hard work, you deserve it. :blush:

7 Likes

Huge congrats on submitting it! I can’t wait to give it a read :grinning:

1 Like

Parabéns! Já é um dos meus favoritos. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Oh, the game of waiting finally begins. sad crying face

7 Likes

Congratulfreakinglations Ana!!! I’m really happy for you on this monumental achievement and I can’t wait to dive into the story.

7 Likes

WOW YOU FINALLY SUBMITTED IT??? Good job!!! I’ll be waiting for publication!

7 Likes

Congratulations!! Can’t wait to see the game in all its glory!

7 Likes

I know the game has already been submitted but I still really don’t understand why we have to feel bad about killing Garrett. I get the MC not being the kind of person who’d enjoy killing someone, but I don’t think it makes sense for them to feel bad about killing someone who would have been okay with/complicit in their murder like 5 minutes ago. For some MCs maybe that may be how they’d react, but for other MCs it feels like the author is forcing the MC to react a certain way.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I understand this. You have several options on how to react after killing Garrett and two of them show no remorse from the MCs part. In one of the options, you state that he was a threat and you don’t feel bad. In the other, you outright say you’d do it again.

Maybe you didn’t play the entire scene?

24 Likes

Welp. I guess I better start preparing for a week of insomnia because I’ve literally fallen in love with three romantic interests, and I plan to make explore every interaction with them using several character builds. Congratulations on the submission!!! I seriously can’t wait to sink my teeth into it.

10 Likes

I’m preparing myself for a two week marathon of golden rose, no sleep, no food, I can’t waste time. I am ready, give it to me

7 Likes

Three? Who is the third? I only know Alessa and Hadrian…

1 Like

If you’re romancing Hadrian, or not rejecting him as a female MC, you meet a male RO at the inn. If you’re romancing Alessa, or not rejecting her as a male MC, you meet a female RO at the inn. These characters were revealed in the demo, before it was shortened, as Alain and Ysabella, the Theer twins.

18 Likes

No I got that, but regardless of what you choose, you end up with this text if you kill him

Your palm still itches maddeningly, but you try your best to not think about it.

With the option where you’re impassive about it, you get this text

What has come over you? It was like… you lost control. Your left hand itches. You want to scratch it.

If you decide to say you’d do it again, you get

What in God’s blasted name has come over you? Your left hand itches. You want to scratch it.

It just makes it seem like the MC doesn’t really understand what they did/why they did what they did even if we previously they said they felt fine about it.

I disagree. You only get that text if you choose to kill Garrett. If it was just an issue with their hand, they’d be feeling it regardless of whether or not they killed him.

1 Like

CONGRATS!!! I’ll be waiting to play your awesome game, thank you for creating it! :pray:

4 Likes

…To me it’s like it’s the MC’s hand’s problem, not they’re feeling guilty or something, that hand have some mysterious secrets eh.

6 Likes

Awesome! Looking forward to buying this and the start and Book 2 but take the well earned rest, you’ve done awesome work.

4 Likes