The Fernweh Saga: Book One (Discussion) [šŸ’š Game Update, Post 1214 | TFS: 2 Teaser, Post 1186 ]

OMG, Beckettā€™s route is making me laugh my ass offā€¦

Iā€™m enjoying this far more than I thought I would. Especially with a snarky, reckless, kind of aloof pessimist. And I just had to name her Malia. Forā€¦ reasons. At this rate, she may flirt with the waiter. James doesnā€™t like her and Silas barely tolerates her. She and Reese are becoming friends though. And no, thatā€™s not my influence, dammitā€¦

Oh, andā€¦

Yes! Iā€™m all for this!

5 Likes

I got the same scene with the stick :laughing:

I see what you did here, you bad girl! :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Hi Everyone!

Just popping in to share Aprilā€™s TFS Patreon Content Schedule that is linked here, but I will be including a picture under a summary label/drop down button. Youā€™ll notice that there will be a few posts open to the public; most notably one about Mal on April Foolsā€™ Day :smiling_imp: and a celebration post for Mrs. Dorranā€™s birthday :art: !

While I think readersā€™ opinions widely vary on the W, it seems like most of you like Sā€™s mom.

April's Content Schedule

Iā€™m avidly looking at the highest stats you all managed to achieve in a single playthrough! @lo6otia Evieā€™s cruelty stat is worryingly impressive. :smiley:

@EvilChani Itā€™s awesome that Naiaā€™s empathy for R is partially rooted in how she can understand and see bits of her own methods of coping; plus, I also think itā€™s great that youā€™ve grown to love R even more as a character. Bā€™s route can be quite fun with a snarky MC; Iā€™m happy some of the exchanges made you laugh!

Well, I canā€™t confirm or deny anything, but I will say the ??? was not pleased at all by the seperation. :rofl: :eyes:

Wishing you all the best. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

In honor of April Foolsā€™ Day, I let Mal answer a question. :imp: Someone on Tumblr asked me to give a silly fact about them. I wonder if we can trust what they say?

Youā€™ll find their answer: here. I hope it to be illuminating. :flashlight: :smirk:

Hopefully, youā€™re all doing well! :green_heart: Iā€™m working on a scene set with R right now; itā€™s fun.

16 Likes

@lacunafiction Oh My! This means that the MC and the W match. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Daisyā€™s sweet Bee has won you over (maybe a little bit?). At least you are having fun with itā€“B has some relatable lines.

5 Likes

Okay, I finally managed to take the time to play this weekend, and man, am I glad I did. What a great game! It took me more than once to get a good idea of what kind of MC I wanted, but now that Iā€™m there, everything flows so well.

Balancing the snark yet friendly nature of my character was interesting, but it felt right. The abandonment issues too, I can actually see my character ending relationships in the past purely out of fear of being left first, making that mistake over and over again. It would also explain why she doesnā€™t want to stay in Fernweh at all, especially with J/R around, scaring the hell out of her with their pretty faces and full support. Now thatā€™s scary!

Iā€™m so committed to J/R, but W is too temptingā€¦ so off I go to create another MC! Maybe an evil one this time? Although Iā€™m terrible at being cruel to characters I like.

By the way, I totally went for the red hair just so that my MC, Jane and Ruby would be Fernwehā€™s Powerpuff Girls. :joy:

9 Likes

Come to the Cruel (Main) Characters Club! We have cookies and candy!

5 Likes

Goddamn you, now I canā€™t unsee it.

3 Likes

Yes, YES! Join the dark side. :smiling_imp:

You donā€™t even have to be cruel to ROs that much, my cruel MC was mostly mean to secondary characters, and it was fun!

6 Likes

Red-haired MC club! :sparkles:

4 Likes

Naia is a redhead, too!

3 Likes

Laurel is strawberry blondā€”can she join the redhead MC club?

4 Likes

Evie is red-haired and 85% cruel. Two birds with one stone :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I just wanted to let you know this has been one of my favorite books so far, and I cannot wait for the next one!

6 Likes

Is there any Demo for book 2? Or rather is book 2 WIP or not?

Is ??? Actually an RO?

1 Like

There is not yet a demo, but Aelsa has started working on Book 2.

As for your other question, I have some unhinged suspicions but that definitely hasnā€™t been confirmed.

2 Likes
Unhinged Suspicions (contains unblurred spoilers)

Okay, so Iā€™ve been mulling this over for a while and random-dudeā€™s question has finally prompted me to share it. I donā€™t think this is likely or even super plausible but Iā€™ve been turning it over in my mind like a goblin with something shiny.

The ??? is very angry that we left. They also act possessive of MC. At least in Rā€™s dream, they imply that you should choose them instead of R. Edit 2:
ā€œIā€™m better than him in every conceivable way.ā€

So my absolutely unhinged guess is that we were supposed to marry ??? (in the future, not as a child) which our family tried to stop, which led to the murdering. And now weā€™re back and it still wants us. Or needs us to maintain some kind of balance with the town? Dunno.

Iā€™ve definitely read something similar in a romance novel, although it was a humanoid Fae and not something undefined like ???.

Anyways, like I said. Unlikely and unhinged, but Iā€™m thinking about it!

Edit 1: Also song lyrics?? Iā€™m really bad at interpreting symbolism yā€™all but they support this nonsense.

4 Likes

I feel like ???'s suit would be something like the Elf-Knightā€™s in this ballad.

3 Likes

Itā€™s an interesting theory, but Iā€™m not quite sold. My interpretation is that everyone in Fernweh is a chess piece on the ???'s board. MC is the missing piece which is finally home. What is its final goal I have no idea, but control is the most important thing for ???. And no, I donā€™t think it will be a RO. Who is right? Only time will tell :wink:

8 Likes

Iā€™m not really trying to convince anyone! :joy:

1 Like