The Empress' Demand, formerly Feudalism Simulator 2019: (CANCELLED)

So, do they still have technology needed for developing bioweapons?

Yep, but they don’t keep any samples on them for fear of theft, and it’s viewed as a last resort. They could probably make one in a week however. And they now also have access to cloning(They can and have cloned humans, but it’s very expensive and not viewed as a way to replenish population) technology.

Hmm, who can autorize manufactoring of the second plague? Only the emperor/empress? Does that mean our MC can be given access to a weapon of mass destruction?

The Crown Prince(The MC’s current title) can authorise manufacturing but only the Emperor can authorise release.

The Goldbloods have a stock of chemical weapons(None that are anywhere near as lethal as the Goldblood bioweapons), so technically he already has access to a WMD.(The Crown Prince can authorize use of the less lethal ones, but they are still powerful enough to destroy a good-sized town). And if he orderes bioweapons to be manufactured, then yes he will have access to those.

I think there is a problem. Our MC can come out as very unsympathetic to a potential reader. He is in a position of privilege he didn’t earn, in a hugely opressive empire, and can become this universe equivalent of Immortan Joe, but with weapons of mass destruction.

1 Like

Please note that any uses of a second plague will be a bad end, due to the fact that the other countries will know the Goldblood Empire is behind it and respond with overwhelming force. It is, for the moment a threat to the serfs, who don’t have the education to understand the concept of bioweapons, and the thing that stops some vengeful nation from destroying the Empire.

This is completely intentional and a major part of the story.

More Tywin Lannister than Immortan Joe, but I see the comparison. Do note that the
Goldblood Empire’s concept of morality is rather different to Mad Max’s(the universe, not the character although that certainly applies as well.)

OK, good luck with your story.

I have to say from what little I read I do enjoy the story. Will you be able to rise through the ranks? Such as after winning a battle get either more land or titles. And will the mc be able to use magic?

If you’re fighting another Goldblood(and you will be, at several points through the story), once you win, you can confiscate his lands. You will get titles, but they will be lesser compared to the title you already have.(Crown Prince of the Goldblood Empire, the heir to the Empire (Except for Emperor, the title you are heir to.)

Yes, but you are already the second highest ranking person in the Empire.

No, this is not a story that features magic.

1 Like

Update: I had fully coded and written the battle, and it’s aftermath. But because I’m an idiot, I forgot to back it up. My tablet(I don’t have a computer at the minute) broke, and I’ve just gotten a new one. I’ll have to write out the battle and its aftermath again, which will mean a delay.

Update: I’ve just written and posted a stats screen and an pre-battle encounter with a freeholder “cook”. Feedback on both would be appreciated.

I’ve just updated with the first stat pick, feedback would be appreciated to see what the prevailing opinion on it is.

• Yes, you should keep doing it that way.
  • No, you should do it a different way.

0 voters

startup line 55: It is illegal to fall out of a *choice statement; you must *goto or *finish before the end of the indented block.
Similar error for line 59.

This error happen when you press “Play Again”, correct? If so, I’m not sure what’s causing it.

No, when my character tries to excell or be skilled at academics.
Edit: now there is only one option instead of 3, and attempting to play again gives startup line 56: increasing indent not allowed, expected 0 was 6 error.

Fixed now.

1 Like

I love me a good medieval style game can’t wait to see more.

I’ve updated it. The update is chronologically off and there will be plenty of scenes between it and the start.

Also, credit to @muffy for giving me an idea for a new title on the Rebels Discord.

Double Also, until I add a name choice the PC is called Hugh.

2 Likes

Hi my account has send me a weird icon with a hand that I have been cited in this thread… by the Author however I don’t see any … discourse is weird lol. No worry I will NOT comment as I promised in any thread author has not given me authorizations

Actually, I invited you here. Your feedback was valuable on Rebels and the Dragoon Saga, and I would be interested to see what you think of this WiP.

1 Like