The Butler Did It - Seeking beta testers

I find myself in possession of a ~250,000 word interactive novel that, despite my darkest fears, seems to have some merit. The Butler Did It was a finalist in the Choice of Games contest, and I’d like to polish it up for publication as a Hosted Game.

I’m looking for a limited number of beta testers to play the game and give me any and all feedback, from story and writing, to gameplay elements and use of stats.

The genre is spy adventure. The setting is steampunk, until it’s not.

It is not a murder mystery. You are the butler, and you most definitely did it.

Life in the City is tough. There’s never quite enough to eat, there’s never quite enough work, and your friends have a nasty habit of getting snatched up by the Constables and their bots. When the majordomo of a Great House offers you employment, a warm bed, and all the food you can eat, it’s a tempting offer. Never mind that the alternative is a long stay in the City Dungeons.

It doesn’t take long to realize that things are a little bit off here, to say the least. At Coburg Manor, you’ll make friends, battle enemies, and uncover a mystery far deeper and stranger than you ever imagined.

Reply here if you’re interested, and I’ll send out the game in the next few days. This is a completed, ~250,000 word game that needs work, so it will likely take you some time to get through. I’ll plan to start updates after my current writing project is done on 5/15.

Thank you!

Dan

29 Likes

This sounds great and I am definitely interested in testing it. :relaxed:

1 Like

Fuck-to-the-hells-yes!!! Count me in!!! Beta testing that is.

1 Like

I’d like to beta test.

1 Like

This seems really interesting. I would love to test!

1 Like

I’ll love to take part

1 Like

Congratulations on being a finalist! :grin:

1 Like

Sounds fascinating! Would definitely like to beta this!

1 Like

I would love to beta test, And Congrats on being one of the finalists.

1 Like

And the same to you!

Back At You GIF from Backatyou GIFs
1 Like

I’d like to beta test.

1 Like

Sounds great- I’d love to beta test! Ever since tally-ho I’ve been hoping for more games from told different perspectives!

2 Likes

If you’re still seeking beta testers, I’ll do it. And congrats on being a finalist

1 Like

I’m also curious in beta testing if you still have spots available.

1 Like

It sounds really interesting so i would like to beta test too, what kind of feedback are you looking for? and do you mind if the beta tester have no experience?

1 Like

Sure I’ll help. Drop me a pm with a link and your expectations or answer in the thread please. Thx!

1 Like

Thanks all! I’ll PM everyone with the next few days after I put some thoughts together. Very much appreciate your willingness to help!

Oh no, am i too late?? I still want to beta test

1 Like

i would like to betatest it (though im mostly focus with typo hunting, and the romance side if there is any :grin:)

1 Like

Sounds interesting i’d like to beta test

1 Like