The Betrayed [ WIP ]

@CrimsonRose301
You’ll have to recompile the game and reupload the resultant file, yes.

@Specter I think I did explain quite a bit about them in this chapter, didn’t I? If I didn’t I apologize, I’ll most likely get more in depth in chapter two.

And I have thought about creating multiple backgrounds for the MC, but your ‘forced’ parents actually do play a major role in the story, so I have decided to just keep them. You will however be able to choose what lifestyle you have chosen after your childhood and before working for the human councilor. The lifestyle you choose will determine your skills that I’ll also be hoping to add in the next update, though I’m not entirely sure.

@God_of_Demonz Yes, you will come across people who have genetic/cybernetic modifications. Though in this world you are only allowed certain modifications for certain professions. For example, if you’re a laborer who lifts heavy objects regularly, you’re allowed a modification to enhance your strength. If you’re a hunter then you’re also allowed to get enhanced vision.

Will the MC get any enhancements…? I’m not entirely sure about it in all honesty. Though if I do decide to let you choose you’re own enhancements then it won’t be anything crazy or difficult, mainly because coding is still something I’m new at, and the thought of having multiple enhancements and upgrades to keep up with kind of intimidates me.

I haven’t been able to go in depth with the Father and the Followers of Merciah in this chapter, but I will soon enough. He doesn’t exactly control or make up the rules that the people of Kerr have to live by. The Ruler, Hypatia’s eldest brother, does. The Father, to put into simple terms, is there to make sure the Nasaya don’t get crazy with their power, make sure everyone isn’t killing each other and to make sure his own people follow and live by the rules of Merciah who I will go into detail about soon in the story.

@CJW Thank you! You put my worrisome heart to ease :slight_smile:

caught some more:

elegent --> elegant
viens --> veins
curruption --> corruption
other’s --> others
peircing --> piercing
remotley --> remotely
Ma’dam - Madam
Embassie --> Embassy
spilt second - split second

Would hunters also have anything else enhanced besides Eyesight? not a list of things a hunter could have, but rather a set of Gene/cybernetic mods for that profession? or any other profession for that matter

@Bagelthief Thank you so much, I promise to fix that in the next topic. Embarrassingly, I didn’t log back here until I was ready with the demo :expressionless: I’ll get it fixed right away!

@God_of_Demonz Do you have any suggestions about what type of enhancements the MC should have? I wouldn’t worry too much about, I only brought it up to give you of an idea of the world. I’m still not sure whether or not the MC should get anything special.

@everyone So I underestimated my writing and coding abilities, but alas I have returned with an update, which was not as major as I had originally promised. I fixed all reported bugs from chapter one and the majority of reported grammatical errors. I had returned with the Chapter two, which I am 90% finished with.

Link: The Betrayed

This chapter explains your background, the story of Earth and the world around you from a child’s perspective. You should returning back to the present either at the end of chapter three or the start of chapter two.

The next update will show what happened to your mother and a conversation with Esperanza if you so choose to speak to her.

startup line 2199: increasing indent not allowed, expected 12 was 16

@BAPACop Can you explain how you got the error?

Ok I’m going through the game right now and I see good things so far with the second chapter, I originally believed that we would pick from a variety of backgrounds ranging from a minor gang leader of young boys and girls to a assistant in one of the colleagues of the main alien race that the humans have to deal with. There is a sense of railroading but it is well written enough that I don’t mind.

There is history in the story and i do appreciate that in a story.

a codex is a must for this kind of endeavor.

part of me wants to see a human population that is sick and tiered of being afraid all the time and is turning inwards and becoming very isolationist and xenophobic, rejecting the intellectuals calls for peace and understanding between the two races.

another part of me wants to see a section where the humans and aliens fought together in a war but had a very rough beginning. the humans did not trust their alien commanders (because at the time why would they (Aliens) trust a human in command?)
and subsequently were under equipped and left to forage and steal what they needed
the aliens in the meantime did not appreciate the suspicion and disrespect from the humans and looked down upon them.could be a great way to give a backstory to this constantine characher that I’m seeing. (again writing this as I’m reading the update.)

a racial slur the humans could use for the aliens is “god” supreme beings of arrogance and self serving cowards.

the racial slur the aliens could use for humans could be squatters or leeches.

again these are just suggestions and I’m more than willing to play the game no matter where it goes since this is very intriguing to me.
I like stick walker as an insult, very creative
Though you do a great job creating a visual for the reader, a drawing of these characters would do the story well, again not necessary but would help.
when deciding where to go with hypatia the choices seem to positive and negative, maybe reword them to be more middle grounded, we are just a child at this stage after all.
Hyptia seems to be a bit of a sweet heart, bless her
I went to the part where mom was telling me about what happened to earth and after choosing to continue i got a wee or 6256: it is illegal to fall out mod a "choice statement: you must go to or finish before the end of the indented block.
thankfully it did not prevent me from continuing onwards and I like where it is going, I must have hit the end since there is no continue button.

there is a bug in the first chapter where after choosing to not respond to the second borns taunts i get “startup line 862: increasing indent not allowed, expected 12 was 16” and then i either get nothing or the next segment but only a few lines and no next button.

@Lubu343 the same thing happened to me

There is an error when you are male and after the insult if you choose to stay quiet. Just a quick question though how different do the aliens look from humans? Cause I couldn’t find a huge difference between the humans and aliens looks.

Is this still going?