The Beast in the Castle (WIP 09.25.16)

Well whatever he does have will still probably be better than we had before.
We can't really afford to be needy here

Passes @Interestedparty a burlap sack, there yah go! THe Sorc could be more stingier than the scrooge.....XD

Eh, even Scrooge is more generous than nature

Which means the Sorceror will probably demand we somehow pay a heavily inflated price for everything, while not actually being allowed to do the one job we have become decent at. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hey guys, just letting you know that I'm a little over the half way point for the first act! And that's ignoring the codework I laid down so... more than halfway? Haha. I'm done with my semester but I got a new job... and then I got laryngitis. That's life I guess? ¯\ _ (ツ) _ /¯

Act one is pretty action heavy. Here's a little snippet for the curious!

The beast pads to a table and latches its teeth around something tall and thin. It comes back to you and sets its prize politley at your feet. You lift it up and turn it around curiously-- it seems to be an idol of some sort, depicting a creature with long legs and longer arms, its finger tips trailing to its toes. Painted completely black and devoid of a face, it's like nothing you've seen before.

This place is certainly filled with oddities. Where to even begin?

I think the next update should be live by Christmas. Thanks for your patience!

Yay! [waits patiently]...is it Christmas yet? :wink:

Wish I could give yah more likes! Happy news indeed!

You got me a Christmas present?? Aww how sweet! :heart_decoration:

I want to spoil Beast and scratch his ears already!:smile:

Can't wait to start screwing with the curse. Also cuddling.

My experience so far has been that life likes to lie in wait until everything seems to be going peachy before yelling "NOPE!" and throwing you a curve-ball...

Yeah it seems so. On the bright side I got an x ray done and I'm hoping they let me see it...

Wait, why did the Beast give us Slender Man? :fearful:

Aww, now you made want to lampoon that one quote from Austin Powers in Goldmember. Oh, why not?

Ruuuuuuun! It's Godzilla Slenderman!
It looks like Gojira Slenderman, but due to international copyright laws, it's not.
Still, we should run like it is Godzilla Slenderman!
Though it isn't.

(For the record, Slenderman is copyrighted by his creator (Eric Knudsen/Victor Surge), an unnamed third party who holds the options to any adaptations into other media, and Mythology Entertainment.)

I'm dying to read more!

@Okami-Nora Aw man, slenderman. My high school flashbacks...

Anyways, the Beast gives you the idol because they can't talk so they have to bring you the relevant things by hand (mouth?).

@Hope_Kibo I'm working on it, I'm working on it! :wink:

More please, thank you!!

This game has potential. I really like it so far, but was disappointed it was so short. Here's hoping for more ^~^

Awww, I was really getting into the story when BAM - before I knew it it was over.
I'm looking forward to it but I admit the description of the beasts left me a bit confused as to what are they supposed to look like. I guess the first is a silvery snake(asian dragon?), the second a lion/wolf thing and the third a yeti?

It's supposed to be a fox but a yeti sounds way better.