The Beast in the Castle (WIP 09.25.16)

Breaking out just seems like a bad idea, the Sorceror is just going to come back for you again if you even get away and possibly hurt your family as well. Better to either try to negotiate with him or, if that fails, deal with him in a more…permanent fashion.

1 Like

I did that too but just because the Beast already has my heart.

My mc don’t like the Sorceror so i think she would play cool and wait for a chance to kill him.
For me going with the Beast was fine because it was female, dealing with a male Sorcerer is a whole different thing. We don’t like him. :pensive:

1 Like

Does anyone else think it’d make more sense not to fall in love with the beast person at first sight? Don’t get me wrong, I like the fascinated scene and they seem chill (especially compared to the sorcerer) but if I saw them, I’d run screaming. Way less dignified than @idonotlikeusernames’s MC, probably. Plus I like storylines where you gotta learn to love each other. I hope refusing to go didn’t hurt my MC’s chances with them too much. Not that I begrudge people their instant Stockholm :slight_smile:

And I love how protective Yiana gets with her knife! She’s my new favorite sister.

7 Likes

I kind of like my instant Stockholm. I can’t help it;
But you do have a point, in fact always in my second playthrough i take things slow, but only in the second.

2 Likes

Ohhhh should I add a “scream and cry” option? The running options are both quite dignified, and not everyone would be. I think I had a faint option in my drafts but for some reason I didn’t do it…

And don’t worry, the beast doesn’t mind if you’re scared at first. Khalid doesn’t either, actually.

8 Likes

I’m all for having an option to cry as a response in games, goodness knows that my default move irl :worried:

3 Likes

I’m not particularly inclined to the beast. Considering all that’s going on, there’d probably have to be something wrong with me mentally to be thinking about romance when there’s clearly some more urgent things going on.
Granted, if he wants a romance, I probably wouldn’t really complain all that much. and seeing as how I’ve been sold I’m probably not in a position to refuse anything anyway. I mean, at least he’d be able to put food on the table, and that fur would probably be pretty warm at night. And it is medieval time, love was secondary in marriages during that era anyway, so it’d be pretty unreasonable of me to demand that he be someone I could love beforehand. Whatever happens, I can just get used to it.

I’m not needy :unamused:

I feel like we’ve all been kind of disillusioned with text, we’ve kind of forgotten that most of the things typed on the screen would be pretty terrifying in real life.

If it’s not too much trouble, that’d be so cool. An option to play a lame-o I can relate to lol.

That’s so nice of them! Is Khalid the sorcerer? That kinda surprises me but also doesn’t. I figured he’d not really care about MC r be pretty miffed at the hysterics.

Your MC’s kinda supernaturally laidback lmao. I love her.

…You’re very skilled at understatement, though :stuck_out_tongue:

Ouch, evidently that makes me a lame-o :sob:

2 Likes

Same tho.[quote=“Interestedparty, post:227, topic:20488”]
And it is medieval time, love was secondary in marriages during that era anyway, so it’d be pretty unreasonable of me to demand that he be someone I could love beforehand.
[/quote]

It’s actually ~ * ~ fantasy ~ * ~ time. If I had to liken it to anything, it’s probably more like 1600’s technology wise. They’ve got, like, really big ships and alchemy and stuff. And there are printing presses but they’re sort of new.

Also your character kills me and I relate to her more than I should.

Lol it’s like barely a scene, it’s no trouble at all. I could probably pump it out in twenty. [quote=“aprilhare, post:228, topic:20488”]
That’s so nice of them! Is Khalid the sorcerer? That kinda surprises me but also doesn’t. I figured he’d not really care about MC r be pretty miffed at the hysterics.
[/quote]

Yep, that’s Khalid! He’s, like, mildly annoyed if you’re hysterical and weepy, but he kind of expected you to be. He’s annoyed annoyed if you throw shit at him, but again, he’s more like ‘WELL OK THEN’. He’s got other things on his mind, ja feel?

That said, he is gentler if you go quietly, and he’s a bit impressed if you stay level headed.

2 Likes

Wow, okay, so that scared scene was way more intense than I thought it was going to be. I’m actually considering trigger warnings :frowning2: I changed the ‘fascinated’ scene as well to keep the intensity going. I’m not sure how to help the level headed ‘ask what he means’ option? Place more focus on Sina being scared? Or describe the atmosphere…?

Choices, choices.

5 Likes

Well you do have several people in the room that you could use, either by explaining how they are reacting to the MC for atmosphere or having them directly trying to sway her opinion on the matter.

2 Likes

I don’t know if anyone’s pointed this one out yet, but I got an error at the option of telling Sina jokes to cheer her up.

Edit; Whoops, nevermind, it seems to appear at any option to address Sina.

1 Like

Sorry I was, uh, touching stuff. ONE MINUTE! :kissing_cat:

2 Likes

Oh, haha, I must’ve played at the wrong time. :smile:

2 Likes

I quite like the scream! Won’t fit my character but I like the emotion in it.
I would like to see more of the dad, though. Maybe just a mention of him trying to calm everything down or struggling to get in front of you in sort of the old “don’t hurt my family” way people do in the movies.

2 Likes

He’s actually closer to you than Yiana (unless she’s actually put herself in front of you). Maybe I’ll have him get in front of you to distract the Sorcerer so that she actually injures him, like in the fight scene. I… really like making him bleed. :joy_cat:

Ohh, combining this with what RedRoses said… It might be good to juxtapose your ‘que sera, sera’ with your dad’s general sorryness.

4 Likes

So what exactly happened between dad and the sorcerer? All I know there was a flower and then I was a slave.
I don’t mind :unamused: but I would appreciate knowing the reason I’m a slave now, if that’s not a bother

As a player I agree, as for my mc who cares, she’ll be too busy escaping to worry about that.

Well I have an idea, but I’m afraid at this point I have not read any more than you guys…my guess is that father took the rose as a gift for you and now you’re cursed.

3 Likes