The Arcanist's Journey Public Beta 49000 words (Book 1)

(Ignore the title, as I can’t edit it here is the new title)

WIP The Arcanist’s Journey 70000 words

Journey through a world of magic where your wildest imaginations can come true. Explore the different races of this high fantasy story, and claim your magic to become the true arcanist, supreme conduit of all forms of magic.

Wield the powers of pyromancy, hydrosophy, theurgy, summoning or illusion and make your way through the world, and explore the mysteries of the Wheel of Life and the Voidwoken.

https://dashingdon.com/play/duskarcana/arcanists-journey/mygame/

Here is the link to the WIP (I have decided to add more content to the book as it seems it was a little on the shorter end. As of now the work stands at 70k words which includes the first four chapters along with the unfinished fifth chapter (release will have all 5 chapters).

70 Likes

Really like it so far, very interesting story. It would be interesting to see how all this play out and for the rest of the students that we left from the hunting ground, if they will join up with us or we will be fighting them.

1 Like

What’s an arcanist?

How about a little warning that choosing a spirit will temporarily completely cut off our ability with other magic before we choose a spirit?

As a fire mage I chose water to have a yin-yang versatility sort of thing going. Which isn’t exactly possible when that choice removes my ability for fire magic.

So less than ideal that.

6 Likes

Ooh I didn’t even think of that. Seems like a good point, thank you!

1 Like

Will there be a cheat mode

:sweat_smile: Uh, what is a cheat mode? xD

Sorry I’m not the most up to date with all these things.

1 Like

@CDaumen it means letting ppl max all stats

As the youngest male of your family, you had no prospects.

Gender locked to Male?

3 Likes

Do we get only basic customisation for MC? Looks like the hair color and style and length is already fixed…

:joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat: Also the craziness is that I chose the name ‘Erembour’ for my MC and found out the last/surname is fixed and it’s Light. Erembour means shadow rider or rider of darkness.

1 Like

Yes, this one’s a gender locked story

Ohhh no there won’t be any of that here

:joy::joy::joy: What are the chances xD

And proper customization and stuff will follow in Book 2/ Act 2. Book 1 is just a warmup I suppose.

I enjoyed the story, particularly how your MC could choose between many different magical paths/schools. But it does feel really short for a completed WIP/HG, so if you plan on an official HG release I hope you either expand it a bit more or release it together with part 2 as one single HG.

I also have to admit I prefer when HGs and WIPs aren’t gender-locked, even when they’re, like this one, are gender-locked to my particular gender. But I’m at least happy that in this particular WIP, unlike in most other gender-locked to male WIPs and HGs, the MC isn’t a warrior and/or military kind of character. Anyway, I would suggest that you in the line beneath the title of this WIP write that it’s gender-locked to male, so that those who don’t want to play/read WIPs and HGs with a gender-locked to male MC get a fair warning that this is a WIP with a MC who is gender-locked to male.

6 Likes

I think you need to make it more clear… And in the stats make sure to add the male near Gender.

2 Likes

:joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat: Erembour is a more feminine name so I used Erebus instead :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp: after learning that the MC is male.

The primordial Greek dark region of the underworld and the personification of darkness and the son of the great void Chaos and husband of NYX.

2 Likes

if ya are related to satan tell him to get his ass over at my place, asshole giving me the silent treatement lol

He’s brooding and hiding somewhere around the outer circles of hell…

He does that a lot, he’s very competitive, so since god gives silent treatment, he too decided so
:joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:.

Natwa thank you so much for the feedback! I’ll get onto all of that immediately.

And I’ve already begun work on book 2 so I’ll post the link to that in this post as a WIP. It’s currently only at like 5000 words though but I’m updating it everyday.

1 Like

Dude what did you smoke?