The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - An affair of the heart (WIP) (Ch 5: 10 Nov 2023)

Honestly, at first, I played this game because I liked Sherlock and I wanted to romance Watson :sweat_smile:. But, after playing the demo Iā€™m actually here for the story and where youā€™ll take the characters from now on :blush:. Itā€™s a testament to how a good writer you are. So lift your chin and be more confident in your works next time.

6 Likes

Probably because of technology. I want my Sherlocks to feel classic, and my Scotland Yard not to have Internet :joy: Everything feels more difficult, but also more rewarding when a case is closed. Also, in modern adaptations they tend to make Sherlock a dick, without any of his 19th century gentleman charm.

I recommend the game Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments, btw. I adore that Sherlock and you as a player can make him more compassionate or ruthless (in judging the criminals). Heā€™s eccentric and sassy, but always really polite. Kinda have a crush on him LOL.

12 Likes

@Jess1973 :heart::heart::heart:
Iā€™ll try to be, thank you :pleading_face:

@Kirlett

Ooh that is a good point :kissing_smiling_eyes::+1: I think, for me, allowing players and NPCs to have the internet removes a lot of fun mystery. (And makes it harder to write tbh :sweat_smile:)

Iā€™ve played that a bit! I donā€™t remember how much I played but I think I did at least two cases. I though it was fun :smiling_face::+1:

15 Likes

Thank you for writing this story! Always a big fan of Sherlock Holmes (book version). Love interactions with Lestrade so far, book!Holmes and him were always agreeable when it came to work but BBC!Sherlock was kinda an annoying teenager boy to him that he had to babysit, so hopefully our Holmes can find a balance in that.
I wonder whatā€™s your interpretation of Mycroft. BBC version really went all of their way with the twoā€™ siblings relationship and I canā€™t wait to see how our Holmes will meet him in the game. Cheers!

9 Likes

Iā€™m loving the demo so far. Everything about it, from the character creation to each option that will define our Sherlockā€™s personality. Oh and I love that Lestrade is a love interest. I am quite interested in becoming a beta reader, only if youā€™re looking for one of course.
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Okay so the character creation is really great. I really loved the customization. The storyline too will be great, Iā€™m sure of itā€¦I mean come on, itā€™s Holmes weā€™re talking about.
However, itā€™s short right now and updates to it are awaited.

7 Likes

@MytheaMJ :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you!
I also really like a good relationship between Sherlock and Lestrade, so I wanted to give players that option if they so wished.

At first, Mycroft was only going to appear in letters throughout the game, but Iā€™ve had so many people wanting to meet them and having interactions that I am trying to increase their role a bit :sweat_smile:

@cryptidkaruma
Thank you so much! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
I might be increasing my beta readers, but I still havenā€™t really ā€œusedā€ them yet, so I donā€™t know if I will need more :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. But whatever happens, thank you for the interest! Oh, and I always love feedback, so if you have any on what is already available, I would love to hear it :slight_smile:

@Jeehan
Iā€™m glad to hear you like the customisation! :blush: I enjoy character customisation myself, so it was a lot of fun to create it (and it might have already expanded a little bit for the next update :kissing:)

32 Likes

Absolutely in love with with this WIP! Iā€™m looking Forward to your future updates! Till then, keep up the fantastic work!

6 Likes

Thank you! :relaxed: Iā€™m glad to hear you liked it! :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

If there is someone here not on Tumblr or my discord, I thought Iā€™d ask here too:

Iā€™m compiling a little reader wish list, so if you have any ideas you want me to incorporate into the game, please let me know :slight_smile:

It could be things you hope you get to experience with the ROs, things you want Sherlock to do, something you would like included from the booksā€”everything from the most minor details to the biggest. Examples could be that you wish Gregson to appear, you like Lestrade tsundere moments, or you want Sherlock to be able to wear a monocle :face_with_monocle: :sparkles:

Now, I canā€™t promise that all will be included in the game. However, it definitely canā€™t hurt your chances if I am aware of what you would like to be in the game :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Have a great day! :sparkling_heart::sparkles:

32 Likes

When it comes to what Iā€™d like to see, character interaction is a given, but Iā€™d love it if there are plenty of smaller mysteries to solve between the puzzle that is the main overarching mystery.

Stuff the classic Sherlock would solve literally from the comfort of his sitting room with just the story from the client, as well as little baffling cases that weā€™d want to go out, and see in person.

Maybe even a list of cases to choose from, with a limit on which you could choose, and oneā€“or moreā€“might have a clue to the bigger mystery that you wonā€™t need, but would make solving the main case easier if you happen to pick up those clues.

15 Likes

Could the person that give the witness that letter is Moriarty?

3 Likes

Iā€™m a sucker for RO POVs tbh I love reading their inner thoughts for situations our Sherlock will inevitably get themselves into and I think it helps build their character

39 Likes

I like when you can have friendship moments with other characters without having to sacrifice RO time. Basically not having to choose between the two

39 Likes

i second this. i like it when we could also build friendship with other people other than the ros or even like the ros we dont romance we could go into a friendship path with them

22 Likes

I agree with all this wise people above about the friendship path :heart::sparkles:

11 Likes

Oh, but donā€™t force it since it can seem very forced to readers if youā€™re not into it. So, please keep that in mind. But, other than that, good luck!

14 Likes

While this is amazing demo and im already in love with Graceā€¦ Number of discombobulations done is incredibly small. But other then that glaring flaw it is very good.

5 Likes

Thanks everyone to the adding of the wish list! I am adding it to my notes :heartpulse::kissing_closed_eyes: all the best!

5 Likes

Hi! :wave:
Sorry, maybe itā€™s that English isnā€™t my first language, but could you expand on what you mean?

1 Like