That's A Morey: Criticisms, Comments, Concerns ("Moreytown")

The issue of “pinks”, the role of the morey and the railroading, truncation and character customization are all discussed in the release thread:

Welcome to Moreytown thread

It should set your mind at ease that one of the main characters you deal with is African-American with regard to the “pink” issue.

In the thread I posted, post 13 by @Lycoris, explains one theory of the use and post 32 by @Lys explains another - one that I subscribe to: [quote=“Lys, post:32, topic:26372”]
the use of Pink may also have come from a passage in the Island of Dr. Moreau,
[/quote]

My critique of this fascinating yet controversial world is located on post 34:

[quote] I am almost there with you - I agree that the customization of the MC in this story was top-notch and there was a lot of time given to the development of this part of the story.

Where we disagree is that “too much time was pent on that.” What I feel is that just as much time as was spent on this excellent and above industry par aspect should have been spent on the latter part of the story.

Lately, the official CoG titles have been exhibiting a dual-quality. The quality of the writing, the world-building and the overall story-telling are as top-notch as they have been or better. However, they all share the quality of feeling rushed and truncated in their endings.

Welcome to Moreytown is a window into a fascinating if controversial world. The story presents to the reader a great sampling of that world through the opening customization. The issue is that as the story progresses, the railroading and lack of actual agency is accentuated by the rushed finish.

One ending feels the same to me as another - no matter the faction I am allied with, who I am romancing, or who is my enemy.

This is something CoG needs to break out of before their publishing reputation is further harmed by this. [/quote]

8 Likes