Tabs and Spaces Error

I’m having trouble with figuring out how to space the code in the demo I am working on.

The error I’m getting is startup line 67: IIIegal mixing of spaces and tabs; this line has a tab, but there were spaces on line 66

My code looks like this:
#Reach out and touch the nearest human noble

Akashal watched forlornly as the humans ripped his baby away from him, he reached out and grabbed the nearest human. The power of the Moon flows through Ashakal, his voice like venom as it seeps into the ears of the humans nearby. 
		The tattoed markings in the shape of a crooked tree that lines his forehead, down to his chin, change from red to a deep purple color. The sky, once black now bled a dark purple, the men looked on in terror as the elf gripped the throat of
		the human so tightly, the bones could be heard, snapping one after the other. "A sacrifice to Sīn, let the moonlight be as witness!"

The moonlight shone done on Ashakal, his facial and body markings glowing a deep silver. "I will never allow you to carry out that which should have never been!"
		Akashal let the power flow through his hand, ignoring the flaming cuffs, the moon draining the life from the human.
		A moment later, blood sprayed from his mouth, a spear stabbing through his gut.
		He fell to his knees and coughed up blood, the humans riding away with his wailing baby in their grip.

I have options to choose different backgrounds but none of the other choices are showing up when I ran the game, before I ended up getting this error of course. This choice is a choice after choosing one of the backgrounds.

1 Like

Use the preformat button so that we can see what your code looks like with the proper spacing:

Also see the second post of this thread for tips on that: Help with expected choice - #2 by Minnow

Did it, but this doesn’t solve my issue.

Yes! I found the issue!

I just tried it and it turns out you can’t use a space for the choice…

#Some text here

and then a tab for the text under that choice. So you should either only use spaces or only tabs.

1 Like

Trying it but I just tabbed everything and its still giving me errors about other lines

I always only us spaces, maybe try that?

Gunna try

Got another error illegal mixing of spaces and tabs, this line has a tab but there were spaces on line 65

Akashal watched forlornly as the humans ripped his baby away from him, he reached out and grabbed the nearest human. The power of the Moon flows through Ashakal, his voice like venom as it seeps into the ears of the humans nearby. 

It would help to know which line is which 65, 66, 67 etc. When i tried i got the same error…

Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 10.12.37 PM

If i would use tabs for the text under…

Which one?
*choice
  #This one
          This one's good
          *goto next
  #No this one
          This one's also good
          *goto next

Tho, spaces would work…

Which one?
*choice
  #This one
    This one's good
    *goto next
  #No this one
    This one's also good
    *goto next

The top line is 65 and the bottom is 66

Yes, but what is “this” line? As that is where the tab is.

this line is the line that’s in the ‘startup error’ section in the start

startup error line 65, sorry i forgot to type that out

I simply think you should make all tabs into spaces. And sorry if that doesn’t work i wouldn’t know what will.

I have to rewrite everything over again to try to get the spacing right so gunna try that again, thank you.

depending on what program you write in you don’t have to ‘rewrite everything’. CSIDE and most word processors (word, scrivener) have a setting to show where you used tabs, and where you used spaces: (formatting marks I thing is the term)
e.g.

so if you can turn that on you just need to look for where you used what

I know of scrivener not interested in paying for it. using the latest version of notepad++. heard word processors mess the code up, will try CSIDE

fixed it using cside, new issue, I don’t know how to make multiple choices with choices behind them after they are selected.

Do you mean like

*choice
   #option1
      text
      *choice
         #optionA
            *goto label

?

Yea, Idk how to do that, how to make three or more choices in one page then after selecting one there’s more text before the next choice