What’s the answer for the wrestling move u need to know to get trained?
I was wondering if there are any overpowered builds for this game? The only build I know is speed and intelligence (which is kinda broken tbh)
Sidenote: I fought every match and won but the score said it was 26/28? I know it wasn’t a bug so I was wondering if there were any battles I might’ve miss (I did fight the bonus match)
I remember playing the demo of Street Jam but only for a few minutes. I’m thinking of playing the demo again and possibly buying the game later but then I remember the negative reviews on Steam. Even though there’s only 7 users. All of them are negative except one. Then I recently seen a few people on the forum saying they like Street Jam but I wasn’t able to find the details. Is Street Jam a good game that’s worth buying or no? And is the franchise even still being worked on cause I remember seeing somewhere that there was supposed to be a sequel to it but I still haven’t head any mention of it even now.
There is no sequel at the moment, from what I can tell the author is seemingly on hiatus(?) or not writing anything at the moment from what I can tell with their lack of online presence.
It’s a mixed experience, playing the game. In my opinion the game was fun, but only because I edited the stats frequently to help me with the frustrating stat checks and you’ll likely encounter some coding errors or confusion in the multiple playthroughs you’ll have to do to get the fill experience.
No, it’s blatant advertising. in the demo it seems like gritty and realistic, but the wacky shit like vampires, aliens, superheroes starts right after demo ends.
vampires, aliens and superheroes? I thought this was just a street fighting game? What kind of game is this? Do we get powers? And if so, what are the options.
This sentence sounds like it would be funny if someone in-game said “Okay, now that the tutorial is done, we’re gonna start pitting you against vampires, aliens and superheroes and supervillains from now on”. MC “Whoa, whoa, whoa! vampires, aliens AND superheroes!? I thought we were just street fighting!”
They just show up and you fight them, then at some point big G itself resurrects MC to fight again.
Who are all the female ROs. And I thought I saw something somewhere that implied poly by mentioning something about the vampire woman being the only RO who’s monogamous.
As someone who really wanted to like this game… No, it’s not great. It kind of swings between dark & gritty and completely zany, and the writing doesn’t quite manage to sell you on either. There are some good ideas here and there, and some of the fights are fun… But all in all, I think the writing was a bit weak.
Damn, I didn’t expect the responses to this game to be so polarized lol. I picked this title up at random when scrolling through the Hosted Games app, and thought it was fun! I loved the narrator, and thought it was great when he argued with my choices, or called me out for being a spoiled rich kid lol. It felt like narrator’s persona was very present in the story and that gave the exposition personality, which really sold me on the world of the story. Wouldn’t change a thing.
In regards to the humor: I haven’t actually played any video games in the genre this title homages, so I know a lot of references went past me. But a lot of the jokes were choreographed in a way that I felt like I was “in” on them anyway, which was appreciated and well done.
In regards to tone: Like other readers, the content warnings DID make me expect a story with a very different vibe… but it was clear by the end of character creation that I had misjudged it. I get why people might be disappointed if they wanted one thing and got another, but as someone who didn’t really have any “wants” for this game, it might have been easier for me to judge it based on what it was actually doing, rather than what I wanted to do? And what the game is doing is fun. It’s campy, silly, and cosmically absurd. The setting might not have been consistent with reader expectations, but in a vacuum, I would say it was definitely consistent with itself.
If I were to offer any critiques, it would be in marketing — I think reader reactions might have been different if the marketing for this title had made it more obvious what to expect — and closure. I liked that I could win some fights and lose some fights and have the story keep going, but it felt like that stopped applying at the end. Ultimately, the written word is a different medium than a video game, and the “game over — insert more credits” ending you if is you can’t beat the boss is funny, but not narratively satisfying lol. I didn’t personally hate it, tbh, but I could see why other people might; reading a book like this takes more personal investment and time from a reader than an arcade game would, so one could argue that it deserves more payoff. I would be sympathetic to readers who felt disappointed by the ending because of that.
But ultimately, this story gets 4/5 stars from me (or 4.5 out of 5 stars, with standard game-rating inflation haha). Will definitely check out any future projects by this author!
Yeah Street jam is one of my favourite games ever. It doesn’t take itself too seriously and it works. With some characters having surprising depth and very entertaining relationships. Some of the things said there were very shocking like how is this even allowed?!?
But that in itself gives you freedom to relax and enjoy with fear of judgement, you can pick questionable choices, relax and have fun.
I actually enjoyed this one, so much nostalgia. People who complained probably didn’t play street jam, street jam where snoop dog is Bruce Lee.
