State of the Company: 2018

I just have a few concerns about the omnibus idea, if you don’t mind me bringing it up. Would the purchases be individual, and therefore give credit to the author as well as exclusive royalties? Also, would the purchases we’ve already made from the Google play store be redeemable inside the app if it’s not on a Google platform? That’s all.

3 Likes

Thought I add this
Showdown on willow creek is 5th on new and trending for steam’s rpg tab
Followed by yeti’s police officer at 6th
Just a little news about some good sales

2 Likes

Why no one commented this?
When we will have more information about this?

12 Likes

PSY HIGH 2!?
spazzes out from hapiness
I can’t wait for this!

This is great to hear! I just found out about Hosted games And Choice of games this year and im absolutely in love with it. I spread the word to anyone that will listen because this to me is such a fun genre of gaming and i want to share it with the world. Can’t wait to have the app as it was hard looking for games and titles on google play rather then having it on one collective app.

Cheers to 2018 i hope this year brings great things to the company.

3 Likes

This really should be taken to a PM as he did say:

This topic really should not be pursued further in this thread.

Instead, post any further posts on this topic here: https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/editing-modding-cheating/8105

2 Likes

It is good to hear about the progress you are making. There are not that many choices out there for these type of games. I would love to have the option to play the titles I bought both on my PC and on my mobile so I can say I support the idea of the omnibus app.

In any case, I wish you guys a great 2018 and keep doing what you are doing.

i only have 1 question, if the omnibus App will force us to play online, because if internet is necessary count me off as client anymore, i like to buy games and play them in my Tablet (which dont have internet) so having a App that force me to play online is a turn off for me.

Psy High 2!!! Psy High was one of my first CoG. I haven’t played it in a while but I still have fond memories of it :hugs::heart: I’m curious though how the sequel would work. The first one’s endings can really diverge :confused: Anyway, I’m still hyped for this!

re: omnibus
I’m kinda ambivalent towards this. On one hand, it’ll be convenient to have all the games in just one app. On the other, I’m unsure about how the payment will work here. Would it be through monthly subscriptions or is it just going to be like it’s own app store that also saves all the games? Also, about the online part. I really hope the omnibus app isn’t just online. I like to play my CoGs when I’m in a place with no wi-fi lol

Either way, I hope the apps will still be published on their own instead of being solely on the omnibus app.

4 Likes

Best of luck on the house and on creating miniature people, Jason!
May you and your wife’s pregnancy attempts roll natural 20s.

(And yes, you can totally blame me if you have twins.)

Psy high 2!!!
Why didn’t anyone say something earlier.

Thanks for the update, Jason… really interesting and helpful!

And is there any chance of the omnibus itself popping into the top ten RPG apps ranking when a popular new game comes out? Or because the algorithms favour new apps, would CoG’s omnibus app float permanently at #99 or so?

8 Likes

An omnibus proably has pros and cons. I’ve kind of got limited space on my phone and would prefer to just install what I want (I’ve had the delight games one on my phone forever and it kind of annoys me I have to have games I have zero interest in installed.) On the other hand I can see the appeal, particularly if you can move between platforms with it and it might help stop the early games from getting buried. I’ll admit I wouldn’t have even looked at some of the delight ones if they weren’t on my phone (didn’t change my mind not to read them, but I did look at them at least to see since they were there anyway.)

Just out of interest, would it cause the omnibus to float to the top? I wouldn’t think that it would since it’s an update to the game rather than a new install? If anything I think it reduces new game visibility. I often don’t even realise a new story has been added to the delight collection until I bother running the update and have time to look at the program to see what the update was. If anything it would bury newly released games in the stores more wouldn’t it? Particularly since COG emails seem to get bounced to my promotions folder in gmail so I often miss them.

5 Likes

I think @MultipleChoice said it best: New games have to start out standalone, then be incorporated into the omnibus a year or so after release. Otherwise the prime exposure on the App Store is lost, meaning significant revenue is lost. The omnibus app itself would only be as popular as the most popular CoG or HG and not a lot more due to reader overlap.

In short, the omnibus is great for those who already know about these games but horrible for growth.

19 Likes

By my reckoning, it would be in the Top Free List like Epsiodes and Choices, rather than Top Paid, because the app would presumably be free and then the stories would be pay-to-unlock. So how well the app ranked would depend on how much it could gross compared to the others, I guess?

I will echo the sentiment that I am glad CoG opened up the opportunity to discuss this now, when it’s still just a nebulous future prospect. Hopefully there will be some middle ground to please the hardcore readers, the casuals, and the authors themselves. And of course, hopefully Apple doesn’t renege and make it where the omnibus app is the only choice for CoG to continue at all.

6 Likes

Excellent job guys. I’ve been following since 2011. It is crazy to see how far yall have come since broadsides, dragon, and vampire. I wish more success on you all. If I have to rebuy the games onto the new app I will

3 Likes

Best of luck…

That is all

Why the 21 Jump Street reference? xD

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.