SoS: The Mortal Coil (WIP)

Damn you, Aelius. This hurt me ;-;
also apparently his employees were watching that whole exchange? oh dear

6 Likes

I already planned on an Aelius RO run (sucker for the dark ones with a good heart) but every post makes me so excited for all the drama/sad feels about that grace mingling we keep getting hinted onā€¦ run all the cuties through the angst machine! (Also, he comes across as potentially obsessive/controlling which will feed yet more angst feels, esp with independent Gabriels.)

7 Likes

Iā€™d love to see the reactions of all the ROs to Gabriel proposing.

1 Like

The first link in @bobsmyuncleā€™s post has all the RO reactions. :slight_smile:

1 Like
I'll post the whole thing here in case you can't get at tumblr

how would the roā€™s react if gabby proposed to them

Combining with this ask:

Gabby: Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m doing this right but I heard humans do it this way proceeds to kneel down on one leg I would be honored if I could have your hand in marriage

1. Alice pales. ā€œIā€¦ I donā€™tā€¦ I need some air.ā€ She proceeds to flee.

2. Iain grins, almost lifting you off the ground in his excitement. ā€œYes, yes, and yes! Though for the record, I was in the process of planning my proposal to you,ā€ he says, setting you down and kissing you soundly.

3. Stephanie squeals and throws herself around your neck, bowling you both over. You canā€™t make out any words in her screaming, but judging from the grip on your neck, which is starting to become uncomfortable, you assume her answer is yes.

4. Zaria lifts one hand to her mouth, her eyes watering. She nods her head frantically, holding out her other hand for you to put the ring on. Itā€™s as much as youā€™ve ever seen her lose her composure with positive emotions, and as you stand, you tug her to you for a kiss.

5. Charleston blinks, surprised. ā€œIā€¦ you know you didnā€™t have to, right?ā€ he says, gazing at you numbly. Then he seems to realize what he said. ā€œNo! I mean, no, thatā€™s not a no, I meanā€“ā€ he growls, drags you up, and kisses you hard. ā€œJust put the damn ring on,ā€ he says, bumping his nose against yours.

6. One side of Tomā€™s mouth tugs up in a wry smile. ā€œCall me old-fashioned, but I had planned on being the one to get down on one knee,ā€ he says, drawing you up to him and resting his hands on your lower back. ā€œBut if you are so intent on keeping me that you couldnā€™t wait, I would be a fool to say no. So if youā€™ll have me, Iā€™m yours.ā€

7. Karyn start jumping up and down, bouncing in place as she tries to hold her hand still enough so you can put the ring on the proffered hand. ā€œOh my God!ā€ she shrieks, holding her hand up and looking at the ring before glancing back at you. As you stand she darts away, passing someone her phone. ā€œCan you please get a picture of my fiance and me?ā€ she says, tucking herself against you, her ring hand over your chest. As the camera clicks, you kiss her to the applause of the surrounding patrons.

8. Leo gapes. ā€œI thoughtā€“I meanā€“yes! Of course yes!ā€ You stand, and he twines his arms around the back of your neck, kissing you sensuously, molding his body to yours. ā€œI didnā€™t think youā€™d be interested in such a human custom,ā€ he admits quietly, tucking his head into the juncture of your head and shoulder. ā€œBut Iā€™m glad you are.ā€

9. Tadea bursts into tears, nodding her head while biting on the knuckle of her right hand, trying to stop from crying with happiness. You stand, sweeping her off her feet, and she laughs, throwing her arms around you. She kisses you repeatedly on the face, still laughing and crying as you twirl her around.

10. Ramiel looks floored. ā€œMarriage? You want toā€“I mean, humans say ā€˜until death do we partā€™ and that could be a long, long timeā€“ā€ He shuts up at the look on your face, a wide grin splitting his. ā€œHey, you asked the question. And Iā€™m saying yes, and you canā€™t take it back.ā€ He slips the ring on, dancing back, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

11. Michael looks torn. ā€œIā€“angels donā€™t get married,ā€ he protests half-heartedly, taking in your kneeling position. He bites his lip, glancing around, his cheeks slowly starting to redden. ā€œBut Iā€¦ I wouldnā€™t mind trying it,ā€ he admits shyly.

12. Sabriel tilts her head to one side, staring at you in puzzled disbelief. ā€œAngels donā€™t get married,ā€ she states in a matter-of-fact tone.

ā€œAnd yet, Iā€™m asking you,ā€ you say, shifting as your knee digs into the ground.

ā€œButā€“but how would that work? We arenā€™t really citizens, andā€“ā€

You sigh, stand up, and kiss her, simultaneously removing her hair tie so you can run your fingers through her hair. ā€œStop thinking like a guardian, and think like my girlfriend,ā€ you tell her.

She blushes, her eyes darting downward for a fraction of a second before they snap back to yours, full of determination. ā€œIt better be a wedding to remember for the ages,ā€ she states, lips twitching with a smile as she tries to keep her stern face. You shake your head, and slip the ring on.

ā€œAs you wish.ā€ The grin breaks over her face.

1. Aelius stares at you in horror, snatching his hand back. ā€œGet up. Get up right now!ā€ You do so, completely lost.

ā€œIā€™m a demon,ā€ he hisses, running a hand through his hair. ā€œYou canā€™tā€“I canā€™tā€“you canā€™t marry me.ā€ He turns, striding away, leaving you confused and hurting.

1. Iro bursts into laughter. ā€œIf it makes you feel better,ā€ she says, sliding on the ring. ā€œI do love wearing white, after all.ā€

2. Ryder shakes his head. ā€œThe modern manner of proposal is soā€¦ boring,ā€ he says, even as he slips the ring on. ā€œThatā€™s okay though,ā€ he muses, admiring the metal band. ā€œI know the perfect engagement present to get us. Far better than a dowry of oxen or the like.ā€

edit: I love that Ramielā€™s reaction is just ā€œHA HA NO TAKEBACKS!ā€

10 Likes

I believe in Gabrielā€™s ability to convince him.

Absolutely no intentions of letting that happen. Will it possibly take forever? Yes. But itā€™s still going.

To be fair, the human started it. (The lyrics arenā€™t 100% true to the events) The human was boasting about besting the devil himself (which hadnā€™t happened) a demon overheard, thought it was funny, started spreading the rumor, one thing leads to another and Lucifer challenges said human because heā€™s bored. At this point thereā€™s a small army of demons watching, expecting Lucifer to take this humanā€™s soul. Lucifer never wanted the humanā€™s soul, but he had to make the wager sound real.

Golden violins donā€™t have a great sound to them. However, no one touches his Stradivarius.

Exactly :grin:

Hides from all the responses re the cheating ask

Iā€™m glad you liked that! It probably wonā€™t work in the published version (much like saves canā€™t) unfortunately.

To be fair to the other ROs, weā€™ve only met Michael and Sabriel so far in game :joy: They havenā€™t really had a chance to throw their hats in the ring.

@Vanessa_Pang
The small update was another branch of Laniwynnā€™s path. The rest of her path, update Leochlanā€™s paths, and some new content will available tomorrow some time.

It changes depending on how you feel about him. For example:

If you love Ramiel (Leochlan)

Summary

Your sibling strides quickly towards you, full of his usual pep and energy despite the bags beneath his eyes. Your stomach flips uncomfortably. Giving his Grace to his children really seems to be taking it out of him.

ā€œLeochlan said that you would be along shortly.ā€ Ramiel flashes his boyish grin, his hair loose around his face. Heā€™s grown more stubble since being here, the human-like illusion emphasizing how drained he looks.

ā€œIā€”ā€ Ramielā€™s boisterous conversation stalls as he catches sight of the bruises on your skin. His smile freezes and his eyes go completely black.

ā€œHe said you had just woken up,ā€ he growls, hands clenching at his side.

(Laniwynn)

Summary

For the first time he takes a good look at you, the boisterous grin falling as he surveys the marks on your skin. Without the smile, the new stubble on his features makes him seem even more mortal and drained than he should be.

His eyes turn black, the corners of his mouth tight with restrained anger. ā€œThose marks werenā€™t there last night,ā€ he growls.

vs.
You arenā€™t sure how you feel about Ramiel (Leochlan)

Summary

Your sibling strides quickly towards you, full of his usual pep and energy despite the bags beneath his eyes. Your stomach flips uncomfortably. Giving his Grace to his children really seems to be taking it out of him.

ā€œLeochlan said that you would be along shortly.ā€ Ramiel flashes his boyish grin, his hair loose around his face. Heā€™s grown more stubble since being here, the human-like illusion emphasizing how drained he looks.

ā€œIā€”ā€ Ramielā€™s boisterous conversation stalls as he catches sight of the bruises on your skin. His smile wanes as his cheeks flush.

ā€œYou seem to have enjoyed yourself,ā€ he says, a frown in his voice.

(Laniwynn)

Summary

For the first time he takes a good look at you, the boisterous grin falling as he surveys the marks on your skin. Without the smile, the new stubble on his features makes him seem even more mortal and drained than he should be.

ā€œYou seem to have enjoyed yourself,ā€ he says, a frown in his voice.

vs

Platonic friends/you donā€™t really want much to do with him. (Leochlan)

Summary

His eyes are drawn the marks littering your skin and he raises an eyebrow. ā€œYou seem to have enjoyed yourself,ā€ he says, amusement in his tone.

(Laniwynn)

Summary

For the first time he takes a good look at you, arching an eyebrow as he surveys the marks on your skin, smile falling into a more neutral expression. Without the smile, the new stubble on his features makes him seem even more mortal and drained than he should be.

ā€œYou seem to have enjoyed yourself,ā€ he says, a familiar teasing tone in his words.

The choices are the same, but the responses also vary based on how you feel about Ramiel. ((Though in general, heā€™s less pleased about you sleeping with Laniwynn than Leochlan))

Boy, child, something along those lines (Though I think God of War was too lazy about it as a result of not choosing the boyā€™s name until late in development, but thatā€™s just my opinion).

@EditorAvila

Michael definitely uses them in a fashion they should not be used (my apologies on the confusion! I should know better than to use abbreviations without explanation). YA does refer to Young Adult novels, and Michael has a tendency to try and imitate things that occur in the book to compensate for his lack of real experience with romantic relationships.

To say that this rarely goes to plan would be an understatement.

To a degree.

They thought it was going to be a happy engagement (they had champagne and a congratulations cake and everything). They werenā€™t expecting Aelius to leave Gabriel hanging like that.

Quintessential Ramiel.

Also, for people who arenā€™t on tumblr, thereā€™s a discord now where you can come hang out if you like (and spoilers are posted in the appropriate channels, so if you donā€™t want to see them, you wonā€™t.) The fabulous @Lychee also made a guide to some of the most relevant tumblr posts that is shared in the potentially spoiler filled channel, so if thereā€™s a post youā€™re looking for, Iā€™d recommend checking it out first. ((Also, there will be an update tomorrowā€“my time))

21 Likes

Iā€™ve seen your tumblr scenarios since playing the demo :raised_hands: so now Iā€™m actually excited to give most (if not all?) of your male ROs a playthrough and curious about othersā€™ future experiences with the female ROs :grin:

3 Likes

:rofl: the staff at the Menagerie might just be my faviourte batch of background characters haha. So nosy that bunch, love them!

10 Likes

I love Dad!Lucifer

The ask under a cut

Q:
Lucifer, since ironically your child has the same taste in music as you do and can you suggest something else to them? Theyā€™ve had the same Paganani, Panini, Paga-whatever for the past month on loop and itā€™s driving us all insane. Also. Theyā€™ve now started learning the violin. Send a teacher please. And soundproofing.

A:
ā€œItā€™s NiccolĆ² Paganini, heathen. Now, first of all, if Gabriel wishes to learn the violin then there is no need to send a teacher as I will happily provide instruction. Second, if you mortals cannot appreciate genius, then I suggest you purchase earplugs.ā€ Lucifer sniffs, signs the letter with a flourish, and sends it off in a flash of Hell Flame.

Gabriel:
tumblr_inline_p2l5l5stkP1r2cv4o_250

Lucifer:
tumblr_inline_p2l5ld9Rfo1r2cv4o_250

36 Likes

Dad Lucifer loves Gabby a lot and this has me in feels? But also Lucifer with his flaws and choices which idk if Gabby can fully deal with and thus a lot of angst and more feels?

Fuck: imagine if Gabby died and their last words were ā€œdadā€

13 Likes

The angst is strong in this fandom.

9 Likes

The angst keeps us strong, and the fluff gives us hope.

Or, straight from the author:

Idk, people like angst I suppose (I mean, you all arenā€™t here for the copious amounts of fluff I put out. Letā€™s be honest, itā€™s closer to: I need some fluff to stop from bleeding out from all that angst.) - Dae-kalina (Tumblr, 13-May-2018)

So quotable, our dear author xD

12 Likes

Probably not, but ā€œif you win, Iā€™ll give you a completely mundane fiddle. Itā€™s a pretty good one, thoughā€ is extremely boring. :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™ve been creeping on this WIP for a few months now, and I just wanna say I love this game so freaking much! Also, I was listening to the song for the Deadpool movie, ā€œAshesā€ by Celine Dion, and it reminded me of this game and all the angsty asks this fandom seems to like. :cry:

2 Likes

Ahhh! the author is trying to kill us with Hurt & Comfort feels today (and spoiling us rotten).

Two new extras by Dae-Kalina:

;__; Does anyone need the transcripts here? And we can all huddle and cry together

EDIT: Gonna add some good Michael laughs, cause Iā€™m trash for him.

15 Likes

Those extras were perfect! I loved them!

Since the angst is high right now, let me de-escalate with sharing my HP AU Gabriel stats:

[As per Pottermore]

House: Hufflepuff

Wand: ebony, unicorn hair, 12.25 in, slightly yielding flexibility

Ebony Wood Description

This jet-black wand wood has an impressive appearance and reputation, being highly suited to all manner of combative magic, and to Transfiguration. Ebony is happiest in the hand of those with the courage to be themselves. Frequently non-conformist, highly individual or comfortable with the status of outsider, ebony wand owners have been found both among the ranks of the Order of the Phoenix and among the Death Eaters. In my experience the ebony wandā€™s perfect match is one who will hold fast to his or her beliefs, no matter what the external pressure, and will not be swayed lightly from their purpose.

Unicorn Hair Description

Unicorn hair generally produces the most consistent magic, and is least subject to fluctuations and blockages. Wands with unicorn cores are generally the most difficult to turn to the Dark Arts. They are the most faithful of all wands, and usually remain strongly attached to their first owner, irrespective of whether he or she was an accomplished witch or wizard. Minor disadvantages of unicorn hair are that they do not make the most powerful wands (although the wand wood may compensate) and that they are prone to melancholy if seriously mishandled, meaning that the hair may ā€˜dieā€™ and need replacing.

Patronus: Raven

All in all sounds about right. I can go into detail later but any of you guys want to share :))

5 Likes

Another replay musing THINK OF ALL THE CONNECTIONS thought: Iā€™m wondering if the person who walks up to Gabriel at the end of the prologue is Lucifer? Itā€™d be an excellent way to introduce him, considering he doesnā€™t want to interfere too much with Gabriel, but that event might force his hand?

Angel Antarctica, is that like Outer Space Patrols then? :smirk:

1 Like

Re: if it was Lucifer at the warehouse

Nope.
Hereā€™s what the author said about:
Whether it was [spoiler]Lucifer[/spoiler] at the Warehouse in the Prolouge

Transcript

If thatā€™s Lucifer that shows up when Gabrielā€™s down after the warehouse fight, then how does he feel seeing his child in that state?

Itā€™s no Lucifer that shows up, but he is quite upset by the state of Gabriel after that incident. No one makes his kid hurt.

In other words, he wants to go on a murderous rampage and is only just stopped by concerned parties.

I want to know what Michael would do if the angel comes back and was like ā€œnow Iā€™m more successful, I should confess to Gabrielā€

Cue: Michael finds out heā€™s back and still pinning for Gabriel. Sends him to another Outer Space Patrol :rofl:
ā€œYou did so well last time! Hereā€™s another promotion!ā€ (Sends him off to the Angel Desert this time)

14 Likes

Boo, there goes that one. Iā€™m still going through the asks, and Tumblr isnā€™t great for consistency.

Michael: ā€œYes, very prestigious position, only the most trusted can guard our extreme borders and keep an eye out for Godā€™s foes in Angel Desertā€¦ I mean Spaceā€¦ ok fine Greenlandā€¦ maybe the Arctic this timeā€¦ HOW ARE YOU STILL PINING AFTER ALL THESE?ā€

10 Likes