Slammed! Typos and Bugs Thread

@Dominic Thanks for these – most of these are errors no one else has flagged yet. :slight_smile:

And – I didn’t actually call Tepora “Tempura” anywhere in the text did I? God I hope not! D:

Hah, no, that’s probably just me messing it up. I’m pretty bad even with the names of real people. Sorry.

Just sent in the first “Fix” for the game, which should cover the typos/bugs mentioned here, as well as any forwarded to me from the support email of CoG. Anything else discovered subsequent to this will likely have to wait for another update.

Here’s my changelog at the moment:

* Corrected typographical errors.
* Corrected pronoun variable errors, particularly in the routes with a male E. Ecstasy.
* Corrected “efriend” and “epartner” variables.
* Increased starting MWWR stat to prevent negative values near the endgame.
* Corrected bug that precluded a romance in the kayfabe path of a male homosexual character.
* Slightly changed the E. Ecstasy romance epilogue for female characters, with a male E. Ecstasy.
* Corrected bug that prevented the acquisition of the “Full Awesome” mid-game finisher.
* Corrected bug that prevented the acquisition of the Silver Tongue nickname.

Thanks for helping me find and squash these errors guys, You are awesome *clap* *clap* *clapclapclap* :smiley:

Hm. The updated version seems to be up on the google store, but the version I have locally is still 1.0. You don’t happen to know how to force it to update, do you?

I dont use Android much, but maybe thisll help? https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/113412?hl=en

No, I don’t use android either. I just play these in a browser. My own searches suggested that it was supposed to update automatically, but it doesn’t seem to have done so, so I’m not sure what’s up.

edit: Got it. Had to go to settings->extensions and tick ‘developer mode,’ which pops up a button “update extensions now.”

MWWR can still dip below 0, looks like. I ended up with a last week value of -24 in my first test game of the new version.

Maybe it would be a better idea to use the percentage-stats system for MWWR, in some fashion? It might be rather tricky, of course, given that you want it to range from 1-200, whereas percenage-stats naturally go from 1-100, but…I’m not quite certain how that treats floating-points, if you could solve that by just reporting twice the stored value, or if doing so would yield only even values for MWWR, which wouldn’t be desirable.

I suppose you could always just implement something mathematically equivalent to it, too. Directly setting the percentage reduction, *set mwwr mwwr * 0.9 or whatever. Moving it proportionally rather than absolutely would have the advantage of a more consistent feeling of progress - going from #198 to #193 isn’t much of an improvement, while going from #9 to #4 is a huge leap, even though they represent the same absolute difference.

Of course, it arguably isn’t that important. I don’t think most people are religiously checking their ranking every page, anyway.

What? Argh. The highest (lowest) it seemed to go last time was in the -30s, so I felt that moving the starting value up by 50 would resolve that. I’ll need to give it some more thought.

Well, at least (most) of the typos/pronouns should be fixed…

On that topic, it isn’t immediately obvious to me what you actually changed, with respect to MWWR. It’s initialized at 200 in startup.txt in both 1.0 and 1.1, and all the other changes that are made appear to be relative. Where did you bump up the starting value by 50, exactly?

Blargh, you’re right. I musn’t have put it in the new version when it was converted from mygame to startup.txt. If I don’t see any new bugs/typos to fix in the next few days, will send a new version with the changed MWWR. Thanks @Dominic

Another little typo - in the kay heel path when you return, with the make-a-wish choice, you have

{wrestling_name} punches {him} in the face. Cut to the horrified expression of JJ Havoc, as well as people in the audience. Then back to {wrestling_name}, who signs {his} name on the boy’s forehead.

But that ${him} is referring to the kid you’re visiting, who’s always a boy, so it should just be ‘him,’ instead of turning into ‘her’ when your character is a woman.

The same problem also exists a little later:

“Geoffrey had become disillusioned with JJ after reading the rumors of what {he} did to you, and has since switched {his} allegiance” - ${his} should just be ‘his’.

So I got Slammed! yesterday and liked it a lot. After a bunch of beautiful hours I arrived at the point where I have to choose between my two managers. So i did choose and wanted to continue to the next page. But then… what did I get? The summary of the game?! The statistics?!

I thought that this was either one of the biggest cliffhangers I ever experienced or just a really bad ending, because making a choice that doesn’t change anything is useless.

Well then after exploring a Slammed! thread here and now the bug thread I figured that it must be a bug. Did any other person experience this? I really love the game and want to re-play it, but thinking about the missing ending definitely buffers the fun.

So anybody heard of this before? Thanks a lot!!

ps. I play it on an iphone if you need any info on the platform

@Aracez Hi! Are you talking about the choice during the live confession on WNW? If so, the game shouldn’t have ended there, and that is a bug, and a new one.

However, if you chose to defer choosing between them during the on-air confession, and you’re talking about the choice you make before you enter the restaurant – I’m sorry to say, that’s really where that branch ends. The choice you make at the end is more for headcanon than something for in-game effect. If you give the game another run, and I hope you do, the romance endings with either Madison or Ecstasy will hopefully give you the type of ending you’re looking for.

@Chikiamco Thank you very much for the quick response!

Wow ok, that must be it then ^^

My playthrough was that I did not choose between them during the fight (live) but had to make a decision before entering the restaurant.
So you’re saying that if I decide during the live confession on WNW I will have a “real” ending? I am definitely giving it another run. Too good not do it :wink:

I guess I was just disappointed that the last choice did not affect anything because the rest was just so damn good. Would be nice to have at least one more page … maybe about entering the restaurant, choosing, getting a reaction from both of them and then leaving the restaurant as an end. You know, as in “I wonder where my path might lead…”. Clichee :wink: This would still leave the future of them to the reader’s imagination without this “surprise”.

But yeah, it’s always the developer’s work so it’s not my place here to say anything about that ^^

Anyway, thanks so much for letting me know :slight_smile:

@Aracez Not a problem! My reasoning for ending this particular epilogue where I did, was that I felt that choosing to put off your choice until after the big match indicated that the focus of that character (not necessarily the player) was exclusively on the fight with JJ (at the time). So, the point where the character makes a choice to respond to the confessions felt like the opening of a new chapter, and a good place to end the last one, with a foot in the past and a foot in the future.

Also, if I’d waited to show the reactions of the characters, the epilogue would have gone on too long – because that was not a conversation that was going to be simple, or easy, whatever the PC did. Remember, just because the player chose one doesn’t mean that his/her choice would still be willing! It’s entirely possible that the two rivals had conspired to bring the PC to a public place to have him/her choose, only to both turn the PC down. There were just too many ways I could see that going, and an epilogue didn’t seem the place to put in new branches :slight_smile:

@Chikiamco I still think you should have fully written out that fight between Rio and Ecstasy over you. Let them settle it in the ring! And then kiss and make up once they’re done. Have them share what you and JJ did!

I liked where it ended mind you with that hint of possibility of the future, your mind made up, about to enter the next part of your life.