Seven Kingdoms, The Princess Problem

I finally got it working. For some reason, both my computers were stopping it mid-download, resulting in an incomplete game, making it impossible for it to run or be extracted. I didn’t know because I would start the download, then click away to do something else. I just happened to see it cancel for no reason on my latest attempt, and managed to get it to actually download the whole thing once I realized it was doing that.

Short of it: Its working now. Yay.

1 Like

Yay! I’m so happy you got it to work! :tada:

@Aly, That’s all one can ask for.
To be fair, Lord Blain is the only character I feel a pressing need to prank in such a manner. Oh and that little scamp, Hamin, but only because he practically dares us to attempt it. But in that case the “prank” idea is more to steal Hamin and one of the week two race boats and kidnap him to a picnic in the middle of the lake.

The only other antagonists at this point, Jarrod and his murderous sister, I’ll settle for them get kicked of the island in disgrace.

I’d totally love “messing with the characters” episode as a stretch goal though.

One possible idea for pranks, even if you don’t wish to make a full scene, is during the period when you can give gifts to the other people. You might include options for ‘booby-trap’ sort of item…which might raise friendship/rivalry or drop it depending on the person. Lord Blain might get a soft cushion…which could also have an itching powder.

I have just started playing, but I have noticed a big flaw, there’s no resolution options, it fits on my screen weirdly so I hope you fix that

1 Like

The main problem I see with that is that it just wouldn’t be satisfying, for me at least, as we have no way to witness the outcome of our prank. Better make full pranks scenes either as an add-on or a stretch goal on Kickstarter.

Day 1:The ship has reached Alpha Centurion, Sector 2. I’ll contact the locals soon. The COG protectorate will certainly be delighted when I make contact. Our peoples will have much to share, I’m sure.
Day 2:The locals gifted me with a disc; what looks to be a game. I am not entirely sure why, but I will play it nonetheless. It can get incredibly boring, being on a space ship. I’m sure the protectorate will understand if I take a little break.
Day 5: That game… it is amazing. Beautiful, like no other. I must continue to play. Can’t type log. Must keep playing.
Day 10: I haven’'t eaten in days. Time seems to go by as quickly as the wind. I haven’t had human contact in what seems like forever. I can’t find it in myself to care. I must keep playing.
Day 15: Duke Lyon. Duke Lyon, where are youuuuuu? I love you, COME HERE.
Day 17: The game has been forcibly taken from me. It seems I went a bit…insane. Ah, well. I’ll just have to get it when the full version is finished.

I have no idea how that^^^ was born, but it was. I accidentally stayed up until 3 AM playing the game yesterday. It is entirely too addicting.

Oh, I love Ren`Py (used this platform as a diploma project last year) ), and I totally love this game! To say it is amazing is to say nothing! So many options, so many nice characters, so many choices to make. Even character creation is a challenge that I am more than willing to take.
Still, I am writing here not to just show my gratitude to people, who developed this game, but also to give a piece of advice and to ask for some.
So first, I can not but ask to add numerical indicators to the relationships page. I have to use a straight scale (in case I misused the word: it is the thing that we usually use at school during math classes in order to measure length of something) to understand how something has changed after my answers. To say the least, I must look really funny at these moments - giggling and blushing nerd, looking for romantic options ^^’
In addition, what I learned during making my own visual novel for the diploma project is that the text should not exceed specific space that is used for it. I would recommend cutting some sentences, making no more than 4 lines per page, or the text overlays option bar, placed at the lowest part of the page. I am talking about narrative part only, not the one with choices, because nothing can be done there to evade the problem of big text.

Now, time to ask for a piece of advice: I struggle with some romantic options in the game. For instance, how to open Jarrod’s part? What stats should my MC have to deal with him? So far, I only managed to talk to him during the first day at the dance. I like this type of male characters, so can not but pursue him (though unsuccessfully so far).
And the last question: is there any guide to the game so far, where I can get a piece of advice on how to deal with challenges, mostly Matchmaker, backgrounds, hidden options and etc.? Sometimes I get completely confused about some options, so I would like to have some reference to check from time to time.

I am so grateful to all the people who made this fantastic game! It is definitely going to be one of my favorite ones, along with 1931: Scheherazade at the Library of Pergamum, though the second one is more difficult. I can not wait to buy the Seven Kingdoms full game! >< The romantic option of Duke Lyon keeps hunting me in my dreams xD

UPD: Oh-oh-oh! I found quite a nice guide to this game in one of previous posts here :slight_smile: I think it should help a lot
UPD 2: Finally opened Lisle part. Now I’m crying =_= Why?! >< Oh well, hope my MC will change his opinion on SOME things…

1 Like

I managed with a tomboy. Basically he likes people who are not meek or mouselike. So you want your courage decently high. If you don’t have enough courage and perhaps poise? you won’t be able to handle him on the first week invitation. Your character will simply run away. As for your choices, you want don’t want to be outright rude or nasty to him. But you also should lecture him on his behavior.

Here is a post with more detailed results of your choices for each romance/etc, Be warned lost of spoilers in this link
Of course this might be the guide you were talking about finding :smiley:

Am I the only one with a mysterious self deleting exe file? And the folder doesn’t really seem to like letting you drop a fresh version into it. Edit- Scratch that. Stupid Antivirus. Apparently Bit Defender doesn’t like the game. It not only deleted the file but prevented anything with the same name being put any where on my computer(I did try re-downloading, but the executable kept throwing permission errors when I tried to extract it, which is what gave away that it was probably my Antivirus. Never had that happen before, but it sounds like Ren’Py games get that a lot)

2 Likes

I don’t think you can change lisle’s opinion on ANYTHING😄. And I thought I liked jarrude’s character but he’s a real jerk face compared to Emmett😍and Zarad, whose romance path I recently discovered and I love it.

Question is this story solely one focused on the MC being a woman or do you get to choose your gender in this game as well?.. sorry if this question seems out of place since… well the title does say “A Princess problem” I just wanted to be sure if it was something where you’re able to fully customize your character. If not that’s fine, and sorry for taking up the time you took to read the comment :).

Yeah, you’re always playing a woman, though not necessarily a princess.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer :slight_smile: Though I have managed this path around 2 days ago thanks to some advanced guide :slight_smile: Also, it is not Poise that is required but Manipulation. So courage and manipulation.
And yep, it was one of the guides I was talking about. But I found it thanks to the more advanced guide, that contains all other guides that exist so far. Aly gave a link to it in one of the messages here.
Oh, and one more question concerning this path: is it possible to just be friends with him? As i understood, the possible options so far are the following - romance, rivalry, ignorance. And if I try being on his good side I always end in romantic path, and if I don`t select him as a romance he becomes my rival. That is pretty sad, while I managed to be in very good relationships with all other Delegates, including his sister (thank you, guide-sama >< Thanks to you I found the perfect character build for my goals).
On the other hand, it suits his character perfectly. So it is not that I complain about this issue, but just wonder. I am too friendly to have enemies ^^"

Ah, as always then…The more I like the character, the more problems I have with them. But friendship is not bad either. His sister is so nice after all. (Also, I am happy that I finally found out how to hide text in my messages. So i dont have to think how not to write something too obvious (Lisles non-traditional orientation is quite a good example).
And yes, Zarrad’s path is awesome due to this constant insulting and flirting :slight_smile: It is really interesting to read it.
Though I can`t but be surprised how well the MC deals with talking. Even when I had low Eloquence the MC still gave such nice speeches that I was pretty surprised.

Well, as it was said in the message above,you always have to be a female character, but you still can customize her appearance in some ways: hair color, eye color, hair style, constitution, clothes style.

And one more question from me: are there any other games like this? I have played a lot of Ren`Py based games, and other games with choices and even RPG features so far, so I am always in search of more interesting games ^^

I seem to recall there is a way to be friends with him. You need to see one of his scenes(don’t recall which) and say during the breakfast that you hope nothing is amis with him(can’t recall the exact wording, but you get the idea). After that you need a ton of Cumulative Persuasion.

Specifically I think you need to lecture him on his inappropriate behavior at the beginning, and then subtly coach him in basic human niceness during his week one date.

I get the impression that Jarrod has the potential to be an okay guy, but he was raised improperly and became an obnoxious, entitled man-baby as a result.

@Aly

if free work doesnt feel right to you what about something small and symbolic like getting the game you translated and next game for free. Or if you want something big then having Lifetime Games you develop if somebody goes all in and translates game into two languaes alone or things like that.

Hi guys! Sorry I haven’t been around to respond much this past week. Everything has been crazy while I prepared for the kickstarter.

Speaking of which, it just launched and here’s the link if anyone is interested:

Thanks all! I’ll be back to answer any more questions when things settle down a little~

:sunny:

(edited to add) for some reason it’s linking to video instead of the kickstarter page so here’s the link again (take out the dashes)
Seven Kingdoms: The Princess Problem by Azalyne Studios — Kickstarter

11 Likes

WOOH! Kickstarter!

You really don’t want to get hate mail from Blain, trust me.

Maybe we do! Maybe we do!

:imp:

2 Likes

Just backed this!
Kind of sad that I don’t have enough money to throw around to get me one of the really nice rewards. :sob:
So I’ll just have to make do with posting my inane and wishful suggestions on forums such as this one.

But only after we’ve done something to actually deserve it or even the score, like a masterfully executed and cunning prank.

2 Likes

I had a prank idea! We write him a love letter from Ana, offering to meet him. We lure him out of his rooms. We sneak in, and replace his entire wardrobe with last season’s outfits. Think of the trauma this will inflict upon him!

Or maybe we just put itching powder in everything.

6 Likes