Seven Kingdoms, The Princess Problem

@FairyGodfeather if you select the month in the drop down on the top of the archive, it will only load that month’s posts so might not overwhelming your computer. It’s letting me get March that way :}

2 Likes

I love 7KPP. I’ve been following it for a while and played it many times(sadly, my computer broke before the last demo version came out and haven’t had money to repair or get a new one).

I thought that it was similar in feel to a CS game, especially the character creation! Now I know why.

Gotta say, while the straight up romances between characters(and with MC) which compliment eachother is nice, I’m looking forward to the romances with the rough path and possibly painful ending/choice.

Like CorvalMC/Lyon. I feel that would be a hard fought battle for MC to get him to fall for her(and CorvalMC surprised she fell for the antisocial, bookish type).

Or the widow MC’s scheming get a wrench thrown into the plans when she discovers blooming feelings for Emmett, a person who is pretty much her opposite.

Just in case spoiler: The tomboy countess would be quite surprised that after chasing away all of her suitors before, just can’t bring herself to do the same with Zarad the more she spends time with him.

And just what would happen if the sheltered princess MC fell head over heels for Pirate “Prince” Hamin and induced the wrath of her father by listening to her sister’s advice?

What about the inner conflict RebelMC would face if she came to fall in love Prince Jarrod(of all people!), an enemy of the people?

Ah… I just love drama(fictional).

2 Likes

Then it was a happy coincidence because during one play-through during which I focused on beauty I managed to successfully make a match with Clarmont and Jarrod was pissed. Happy coincidence :smile:
It’s a truly great game and I can’t wait to play the final version. I think I played it about 6 times.

1 Like

@FairyGodfeather

thanks god you are manager and not programer. :smiley:

@CaesarCzech I can code. I’m just really bad at tumblr. There’s something about the way it works that just doesn’t click with me.

Speaking of which. @CautiousFireflies Is there a way I can make those archived posts appear one after the other, as opposed to lots and lots of tiny boxes?

@FairyGodfeather
Well guess you just doesnt speak Tumbrl Programmer language
:smile: anyway it was a joke i hope that was clear it was not an insult

@FairyGodfeather Not that I’m aware of if the blog itself doesn’t have a next/previous post link at the bottom.

2 Likes

Hi @CautiousFireflies here’s a detailed background guide: http://kisari.tumblr.com/post/106552124335/seven-kingdoms-origin-info-guide Let me know if that doesn’t help!

@FairyGodfeather Haha wanting to read all my wordiness is ambitious! Thankfully one of my awesome tumblr fans put this together: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mGiv488xzO8IOrE6EkRoMbZlFnD-uPyDGavVWc9nTvQ/edit?pli=1#
Which is a masterlist of all my relevant posts sorted by subject. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to refer to it myself! (It has a way better memory than I do. But that’s true of most of the people who play the game haha. I’ve been corrected on my own game/stuff I’ve said an embarrassing amount of times.)

Hi @Outrageous I’m so sorry to hear about your computer troubles! I hope they resolve soon >< But I’m glad you enjoyed the game!

4 Likes

So I found a 7KPP tumblr and this post was so funny I had to share. :smile: That first one!

3 Likes

@Aly Thank you. It’s an intriguing setting, I just wanted to read more. Of course now I know everything I say has already been said before, several times on tumblr and sometimes on the forums. :stuck_out_tongue:

As for being corrected, well at least, I can think of several professional authors I’ve read who’re absolutely awful for continuity errors, sometimes even in the same book, and books are at least linear so they’re not keeping track of so much. Continuity errors that make it past all the editors and stuff too. So since you’ve got some great testers, you’re already one step ahead of those professional authors. :smile:

@SwanMaiden Oh yes, those posts were really funny. But eep I guess I’m back to looking at the tumblr again. It’s all too addictive.

2 Likes

@SwanMaiden Haha yeah, a lot of the fans are super hilarious! They make me laugh all the time. That particular series of posts was great!

@FairyGodfeather Thankfully my continuity errors are generally in my tumblr answers and not the game itself haha. But yes, tumblr is a huge timesink! No one warned me about that either! It’s like Alice’s wonderland hole, it only gets deeper and weirder the further you fall into it.

2 Likes

@SwanMaiden I LOVE that post, but now you’ve sent me into a swirling tumblr pit, reading every #7KPP thing I can find!

So does anyone have any guesses as to why Giselle * major spoilers * tries to assassinate the MC? I think Aly said the reasons differ depending on the MC, but does someone have a theory? Also, if you have the opportunity are you planning on confronting Giselle? Blackmailing her? Pretending it never happened? Would you try to kill her if you got the chance?

BlainxJarrod :heart_eyes:!!! I would pay to read a romance between them that ends in murder.

3 Likes

BlainxJarrod really is the best pairing… They deserve eachother

2 Likes

Jarrod does consider looks important, and Blain is notoriously vain. Blain wants a Crown Princess, but surely a Crown Prince will be almost as good? They’ve so much in common!

The question is, whose murder will it end in? Will they team up and murder the protagonist? Or instead will they set their eyes upon all who will dare question their love!

:wink:

3 Likes

I love Jarrod lol. His romance path was so difficult, so I wound up romancing Emmett on my first playthrough, I love his personality! So does anyone know how to romance the Duke. I can never do it.

2 Likes

@Illmaster Which of the Dukes? There’s two.

I think that master list likely has guides though and the tumblr link too.

Hmm wait shouldn’t we be calling him Jarrude…

Emmet never liked me that much. Alas! He was cute but not for me.

I tried to romance everyone on my first playthrough. Well everybody but Zarad. I specifically turned down his invitation.

Alas, only Hamin and Ana remained in the end. Hamin was a surprise since he just rather stuck around.

1 Like

Duke Woodley I think, the older gentleman lol. He flirts at the boating race, then that’s the last I see of him. Yeah from now on I"ll refer to him Jarrude :smile: and I’m always stuck between Jarrude, Jasper and Emmett. And the lady Avalie I think? I don’t understand her she’s always plotting.

1 Like

oh I tried Zarad and Clarmont, but Clarmont was a little boring to me. I think his personality and romance path might get more interesting as the game progreses since he seems to be hiding something. And what about Prince Lisle is he not into women

1 Like

Emmet didn’t like you?

I didn’t even think that was possible. He’s so easy-going.

1 Like