Secrets of Swatheford (WIP) Updated: July 30

What is Amo for the villains is it very simple like destroy the world or they just hired thugs for the bigger picture

1 Like

Can we have an option for just water? I don’t care for either tea or coffee personally.

2 Likes

Hey, the motives will be revealed soon in the story! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah sure, I’ll include it in the revision update! :smiley:

3 Likes

that was such an interesting game! i had to play all the male RO’s paths :kissing_heart:
can’t wait to see what happens next :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Got this error when trying to pick “Peer into Eli’s thought’s.”

Summary

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply, should be fixed now! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I absolutely despise the way this ended because I want more already :sob::pensive:

But seriously, this was AWESOME!!

and

The tension between the detective and Cas is top notch :eyes::joy:

4 Likes

Oh, I really love this game! Mystery with great dash of romance, it’s perfect! And the enemies-to-lovers is absolutely perfect, as well as the best friends route :smiley:

Just some suggestions

One thing I noticed, though, was when the game is showing another POV the main character is referred to as “you” (“Blake didn’t know where he was headed, it seemed like anywhere away from you”.) I believe it would be better in these instances to have the characters refer to the MC as their name, so instead it would be “Blake didn’t know where he was headed, it seemed like anywhere away from Willow (using a random name as an example).” It would flow better that way and make it much more clearer that we are reading from someone else’s perspective.

It would also be nice to have more clothing options for the ball!

Other than that, I love it! Will definitely be keeping an eye on this one.

2 Likes

I hope you’re doing well

3 Likes

Hey, thanks for checking in!

Sorry for the radio silence, I rarely check this forum outside of updating the post! (I’m much more active on my Tumblr). I’ve been busy for the past few months so Swatheford had to take the back seat for a moment, but I’m planning on releasing an updated Chapter 1 by the end of November/early December. I decided that I want to redo the released chapters before progressing any further into the story, but it’ll be in chunks.

Again, I apologize for the wait!

17 Likes

Looking forward to the update

3 Likes

UPDATE (V2.1)

Note: This is a revised version of chapter one. I decided that I wanted to split up chapter two which is why it’s no longer available. I’m very grateful for y’alls patience and support, I apologize for the fact that it took so long to get here. I’m aware that it’s only one chapter which is why I’m currently working on getting chapter two and three out once this chapter goes live. Anyways here’s a list of features!

• Chapter One (But Better)
    • What used to be 8k is now 10k!
  • Dodgeball
    • Dodgeball is banned in Swatheford. Find out why.
  • Water
    • Hydration is important!
  • The Friendly French Baker
    • Swatheford’s favorite pastry chef needs a helping hand.
  • Clickbait
    • Pass the time by browsing articles on the internet from opinion pieces to the elementary academia fair! Maybe an article about a certain mayor catches your eye?

I think that sums everything quite nicely! I hope y’all enjoy and please don’t hesitate to reach out or give feedback! Sorry it took so long and it’s not entirely fresh content, I’ll do my best to get it out as soon as possible! (That’s a promise) :slight_smile:

44 Likes

Still say it is an interesting WIP. A little confused what happened to chapter 2 though, I was planning on saving when you get a choice to dance with each RO, and then going from there.

Never mind my previous comment, I hope to see the rest of chapter 2, and chapter 3. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Now th…that’s some high quality H20! Lol

1 Like

An enjoyable and intriguing story.

Couple of things that I can think of off the top of my head:

• Could you add some more nuance to the option to Stay Silent during the opening? For instance, add an option to stay silent because you don’t want to give this ominous voice any information, not because you’re shy. I’m not asking for this other Silent option to affect a stat or for you to create a new stat, it’s just that the reason I would stay quiet is not because I would be shy in that scenario. Thanks!

• I was a tiny bit confused who was Mercado and who Collins was since the Mayor says the name Mercado right after you narrate the bit about Blake since I thought the Mayor was scolding Blake for being rude to the Detective.

4 Likes

Swatheford Holiday Special

It’s the Swatheford Winter Festival. As people fawn over the snow, the Detective must be present to demonstrate ‘community bonding’ on behalf of Mayor Hewitt. Spending a few moments with an RO counts as community bonding, right? (This has no specific place in the canon timeline and occurs during the crushing phase.)

Highlights:

• Platonic and romantic routes available!
  • Mayor in a Puff Vest: Appeals to a certain niche of people.
  • Santiago’s Snowball Fight: Winner gets $20 or a kiss.
  • Hot Cocoa & Pushing Hewitt Into the Snow: Who can pass that up?
  • Mercado’s Sled Mountain: Watch kids fall down a hill and make fun of you.
  • Collins’ Carriage Ride: I mean come on. Note: Because they haven’t been formally introduced, this route is much shorter to avoid spoilers.
  • Mistletoe: Justin Bieber don’t sue me

Here’s the link, I hope y’all enjoy! Happy Holidays! :slight_smile:

40 Likes

I understand you love The Wayhaven Chronicles

Who does not. Love the wayhaven chronicals?
Or, if nothing else. Apretiate them?

3 Likes

UPDATE (V2.2)

Note: This is a revised version of chapter 2. I decided that I wanted to split up the previous chapter two. Thank y’all for your patience, I really appreciate it! Here’s a list of features

• Chapter 2 (Shiny!): What used to be 9k is now 16k for a total of 26k
  • Who is Mercado? Ask the mysterious agent some questions! (An answer isn’t guaranteed.)
  • Gary is back! The beloved goldfish is back for good! Or gone for good.
  • Sleepover with the bestie: It’s because of your nightmares but that’s not the point. Also clown them about their horrid password.
  • Keeping up with the R’avenns: There’s a lot of drama going on in your mind and they have a lot to work out.
  • Remember Whit? He’s actually alive, but where is he?
  • Cookies with Mom! Fun times!

Note: I had to create a new dashingdon link which should be up to date and found on the main post! I hope y’all enjoy and please don’t hesitate to reach out or give feedback! Next update will be the last chapter without super fresh content, I’m excited to get back on track! I’m much more active on my tumblr, I hope y’all like it! :slight_smile:

57 Likes