Scales (Working Title) WIP Updated 05/15/21

Same. This has become my new favorite WIP

1 Like

This has a big thumbs up from me and look forward to reading more.

1 Like

Okay, finished playing this. I was not expecting the start of the game but bravo!! Really liked it!

I know I know I suck and everything and I REALLY hate to be that guy but to obligatory question. WIll der be any romance? (seems interesting either way Im just wondering)

4 Likes

The author already gave a responce to that type of question I think a little further up the post list about there being potential suitors from several factions.
Which gets me wondering about what those factions are like and how much are mc and kind can effect the course of them.

Me like, me hope to see more in near future :heart_eyes:

This is actually really good cant wait for more updates.

Came across this error.

Yeah I got the same one

I’ll get on it, I think I uploaded an updated and by proxy gutted version of “Scales” Ch 1 it’ll be fixed in the next update, I hope to have it up and announced by the end of the month

6 Likes

Fixed as far as I can tell, Ch 1 now fully uploaded, Ch 2 in progress

9 Likes

Loving the story so far, can’t wait to see where it progresses!

Found a bug when you choose to not talk about your brother, it says “notch_1 line 1544: Non-existent variable ‘trusting’”

I’ll fix it right away thanks for pointing it out, I can take typos but I can’t abide game breaking bugs… aaaannnndddd fixed

Yay update time to play again hehe

At the first choice after leaving the place where our characters family and people were massacred we’re offered healing for our mental trauma by an empath working with our enemies. Our only choices are to believe and accept their offer of help or to “chicken out”. That feels more than a little odd. Shouldn’t we be able to express (at least to ourselves) some feelings of resentment against those who committed such an atrocity?

Regardless of our choice we still undergo treatment to lessen the impact our our experience. At that point in the story, without having read any further, that feels like false compassion and an attempt at indoctrination. As far as our character knows we are still dealing with our family’s murderers and under direct threat of death ourselves. It’s unlikely we would seek comfort from them unless as transparent acting to soothe their ego’s to stay alive.

2 Likes

Right… I’ll get on that. This is why I wanted to upload it in the first place to see when or even if it would be believable to ever trust the military after… the events, with or without the supposedly morally upright Captain Solace.

Thank you and there will be a change to this scene upon the next update.

1 Like

Your changelog says there’s a save system but it isn’t implemented yet

3 Likes

Well there is now (I should really start reading the instructions before putting the bookshelf together… so to speak) But yes the save system is (now) active.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed this, I love the different ages you can play. I am looking forward to more updates.

2 Likes