Save Plugin problem after compilation

I’m having trouble with incorporating the ChoiceScriptSavePlugin made by @CJW.

When I’m developing my game and I’m running the CS server (run-server file) the browser window with the preview of my game shows that the plugin is working perfectly. No problems there.

The thing is after I compile the game with the compiler offered by the CoG. After I compile it, when I open the html file, the plugin doesn’t kick in - the menu with the “save”/“load”/“delete” buttons doesn’t show up. Why is that? How can I solve it?

Thank you for reading till the end,

Pedro J. E. Santos

2 Likes

You used to be able to compile games with mods (saves, colour changes etc) so it was possible, but since it had to be changed due to Firefox’s security, I haven’t had success compiling with mods. Not sure if it’s now able to be done.

2 Likes

I’ve been able to use the save feature on compiled html versions on both Firefox and Chrome

I just compile the game, making sure I put the line:

*sm_init nameofthegame | 20

on the end of the startup file (right after the *create or achievements, if there is) (The “10” is the number of slots, you can chose how much do you want)

After I compile, I open the html of the game and the save plugin with Notepad++. Then I search “scenenavigator” on the game html with CTRL+F. Right above the first line found should be a comment of “Dan Fabulich”. I copy all of the code from the save plugin and paste on a line below the Dan Fabulich comment.

3 Likes

If you follow the steps and appears “Non-existent command ‘sm_init’” it mean that the save plugin that you used was not formatted right.

You can try with the version I use, and follow the same steps: custom save plugin

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your help. I’ll try to do as you said. If even then it doesn’t, forum here i come :slight_smile:

But your steps have logic so I’m confident they’ll work. Thanks!

@Aehein it worked! Thanks so much!

Solved!