Hello fellow travelers and welcome to my WIP!
Return to Zemia is a character driven political adventure set on a futuristic alien planet. Chapters 1 and 2 have been published, and I am starting work on chapter 3. All questions, comments, and suggestions welcome!
When your older siblings die unexpectedly, you are retrieved from planet Earth to take their place as heir to the throne and help your Emperor father navigate the crisis. Maneuver your way through court politics, meet characters who have their own agendas, and come to terms with your new place in the universe.
Will you save the Empire?
Your father and ruler of the Seyvian Empire. Light skin, dark eyes, and dark gray hair with streaks of white.
The Figure in Black
A mysterious figure who’s very interested in you.
A colonel in the Seyvian army and advisor to the Emperor. Tall with pale skin, short dark hair, and gray eyes. Romanceable by female MCs.
Media manipulator and advisor to the Emperor. Short with fair skin, shoulder length blonde hair, and green eyes. Romanceable by all MCs.
Agent for the intelligence services of the Seyvian Empire. Average height with brown skin, curly black hair, and dark brown eyes. Romanceable by all MCs.
A spy for the Seyvian Empire and advisor to the Emperor. Average height with beige skin, short black hair, and black eyes. Romanceable by all MCs.
Someone from your past. Tall with reddish-brown skin, long black hair, and hazel eyes. Romanceable by all MCs.
Agent for the intelligence services of the Seyvian Empire. Average height with tan skin, short brown hair, and dark brown eyes. Romanceable by all MCs.
Diplomat for the Seyvian Empire and advisor to the Emperor. Tall with olive colored skin, curly brown hair, and light hazel eyes. Romanceable by all MCs.
Gender-selectable foreign Princex–the person the Emperor intends for you to marry.
Engineer and inventor. Short with warm dark skin, curly black hair, and brown eyes. Romanceable by female and nonbinary MCs.
Gameplay and Guides
- Play as male, female, or nonbinary; gay, straight, bi, or ace
- Customize your appearance, personality, and skills
- Befriend, romance, or spurn eight different characters
- Work with your father or sabotage him
- Uncover family secrets and discover who you really are
- Decide the fate of Zemia
There are six options in every dialogue tree *choice #The first option is usually positive in some way *set personality %+ 5 *set relationship +1 #The second option is usually negative in some way *set personality %- 5 *set relationship +1 #The third option is always neutral #The fourth option is always bitchy *set personality %+/- 5 *set rivalry +1 #The fifth option is shy flirty *set direct %- 5 *set relationship +1 *set romance +1 #The sixth option is bold flirty *set direct %+ 5 *set relationship +1 *set romance +1
Skill boosts and checks are ordered like this *choice #This option is for discretion #This option is for persuasion #This option is for tactics #This option is for technology
This is a general guide. Not every dialogue option is a dialogue tree, and rarely there will be stat checks for personality traits and virtues.
- 25 Nov 2018: demo posted
- 27 Nov 2018: demo updated
- 03 Dec 2018: demo updated
- 24 Dec 2018: demo updated
- 26 Dec 2018: demo updated
- 25 Mar 2019: demo updated
- New conditional scene on the ship
- New conditional scene on the train
- New scene before the council meeting
- New scenes after the council meeting (four possible)
- Lunch scenes edited and added
- Photo shoot scene edited and added
- Grammar and continuity fixed
Total word count: 65,000
Average play through: 17,500
Play the demo here!
Visit the tumblr here!
What kind of feedback am I looking for?
Any kind! I’ll take suggestions on grammar and mechanics, style, continuity, story, or anything else.
Please feel free to tell me what you think, either here on the forum or on tumblr. If you don’t feel comfortable posting, then send me a PM or an ask.
Here are some questions to get you started if you don’t know what to say:
- Which part did you like best and why?
- Which parts could use more work/content? Do you have specific suggestions? Were there parts that didn’t make sense?
- Who is your (least) favorite character and why?
- Were there sections that you feel could use more sensitivity/were problematic? What can I do to address your concerns and improve them?
- What do you (dis)like about the world building and why?
- Were there *choices that didn’t have the #option you wanted?
- Were there times when something you expected to happen actually happened? Or times when your expectations were thwarted?
- What do you (dis)like about the writing style and why?