Relics 3: Ashes for Gold UPDATED 15th October, Final Update, see Post 741 for details

These too as well what do you mean by that “close” and with Maria conversation i think “constantly looking over my shoulder” fits in more don’t you think so? @Schliemannsghost

1 Like

Thanks! I think you can say “the close of the working day”, but if it’s confusing I’ll just change it to “end”.

2 Likes

Me and Esme? But she died in the previous book :thinking:

1 Like

Thank you! Well spotted!

1 Like

I found the sun god you wrote is Re isn’t it Ra?

1 Like

Re and Ra are alternative transcriptions of the same word in Egyptian. I think “Ra” is the old-fashioned way of doing it. Modern Egyptologists seem to prefer “Re”.

3 Likes

Oh ok. I didn’t know that.

1 Like

I might change it to Ra if that’s more familiar to people, tho.

4 Likes

During my code dive i spotted this. I hope you don’t mind me snopping around. I think its “mind”. @Schliemannsghost

1 Like

I don’t mind at all, thank you very much for the spot!

3 Likes

Oh yeah, just wanted to ask on my first playthrough in book 1 i was romancing Esme but in book 2 i changed midway and romance Maria by agreeing to their deal, i thought this would result into awkward moments from my MC and my EX Esme like lampshading their past but surprisingly not or did i just miss that? Since there was no mention of being dump at all. @Schliemannsghost

1 Like

Do you mean you dumped Esme at the start of Book 2? (It shouldn’t have been possible to start a relationship with Maria if you’re already dating Esme later, you needed to have chosen to dump her at the start).

1 Like

Ah no we’re still going out before the end of the demo and then i agree to Maria’s deal while she’s still mourning but there was no mentioned of this at all. @Schliemannsghost

1 Like

Oh shit! Then that’s a problem with Book 2. You shouldn’t have been able to do that! I’ll go back and take a look. Thank you!

1 Like

Really? Oh i guess that’s a bug then…

1 Like

if ((remylocked = true) and (engaged = true)) #“I’m already engaged to Rémy!”

It is impossible to be engaged with Remy, he will always turn down the marriage proposal.

1 Like

Oh good point!

Keeping track of romance possibilities is getting hard now. Thank you!

10 Likes

I have a bug that stops me from playing interlude 2 after finishing chapter 2, its interlude2 line 8: Non-existent variable ‘baileyname’

1 Like

Esme…

2 Likes

Sorry, that was my fault. I did an update last night which involved changing the startup file. I think you must have already been playing Chapter 2 when I did that, and when you got to the Interlude it didn’t recognize a newly created variable. Sorry about that. I think it works now though!

4 Likes