Relics 3: Ashes for Gold UPDATED 15th October, Final Update, see Post 741 for details

Another reason not to recommend Tumblr to aspiring authors, besides the usual

7 Likes

I mean. Normal hellsite shennanigans aside, where else would be a viable media platform? Twitter, where you’re bound by a short character limit, chronic takes, and unskippable promotions? Facebook, where everything is tracked in the name of ad revenue, data gathering, and what else? Patreon? Ko-Fi? Both of whomst have content guidelines and may or may not be allowed within the CoG ToS? TikTok??? PLEASE.

Tumblr may be a hellsite (derogatory) but it’s MY hellsite (affectionate) and p lax in terms of everything above, basic user interface-friendly, customizable, and DEFINITELY support agreeable as soon as the support team sees that the flagging did make a mistake.

but ye ok those are just my thoughts :joy:
-hellsite enjoyer

6 Likes

I mean, I’m annoyed that they terminated me, but the main reason I’m annoyed is because I do quite enjoy it over there, so it must be doing something right.

8 Likes

I know this, and I love you; and Tumblr really said timeout from the circus to you :clown_face:

5 Likes

On the plus side, I’m about to start writing a scene that I’ve been looking forward to writing for literally years, so at least I have something else to focus on other than my sense of grievance at the unfairness of the Tumblr gods.

10 Likes

Zhu is just too cute for Tumblr. :heart_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Surprise new villain reveal:

18 Likes

And only about 8 decades too late!

1 Like

Wait, what’s that supposed to be?

1 Like

Sorry, the usual nifty screenshots that I take aren’t possible rn because of tech issues. It’s basically a screenshot of a scene where Hitler gets angry in a meeting, like in that Downfall movie / meme.

10 Likes

Expanding on this…if the status-quo post-bellum allows for slight alternate history I guess a gray haired version of my mc could be indeed be a SecState or even VP but the liberal Republicans / Rockefeller needs to win in the 1968 primaries, as due to the events in the first game New Orleans chapter my mc is pretty firmly a liberal Republican and will never register as a Southern Democrat. As no matter how much he likes certain Democrats like RFK he’ll not join the Southern wing of the Democratic party for them:thinking:
It’s also not completely unthinkable for a President Rockefeller in 1968 to decriminalize sodomy (yes, it won’t exactly end discrimination) a lot earlier if given a significant enough majority between liberal Republicans and left-wing Dems as I have seen it done in a few scenarios on alt-history. :thinking:
That ticket would need every bit of my boy’s super charisma to compensate for both the relative weakness of the liberal Republican wing at the time, the gay issue and running an unapologetically liberal ticket…were it to win it would be a major upset to US history though. :grin:

2 Likes

That got me into thinking of what would happen with my main MC after the events of the game, to satisfy his deviant, greedy nature and him being a homebody idk maybe a crime boss? He’s perfect to be a spy but he probably hates doing the going around the world to do the mission schtick he’s been doing for several years.

2 Likes

Is he rich? If so, he could just retire and live a life of pleasure. That’ll be one option available in the epilogue!

5 Likes

Very. That’s why it wasnt an issue for him letting letting Maria win because he’s super rich already He’s very popular too. He could write an autobiography or something. Assuming he gets a happy ending of course.

2 Likes

Yep, also getting the extra treasure found with Zhu will help too.

For some, it could, particularly if you’re not gay. Would be a waste of my mc’s 14 in charisma however…plus his motivations were money and helping the oppressed, the latter of those does translate surprisingly easy into US politics…potentially and, yes, to some extent the former does too, sadly enough though not as much back then since no “Citizens United”.
Headcanon in the previous thread was that my mc is already known as a progressive Republican because he already tried to run for Congress once and made a district where conservative Dixiecrats normally ran unopposed at the time into like a 47-53 contest, thus actually making them sweat it a bit. :grin:

Besides my mc would get bored of the easy life and though he promised Zhu no more Indiana Jones esque stuff…politics is an entirely different arena. :wink:

That’s a bad ending tho, imho of course, Maria doesn’t need it any more than Spillane does…I just let Zeke “win” now as he’s actually a nice kid who needs it.

3 Likes

Just finished the book 2, (sorry bit late i was taking long time replaying book1) but man that was a hell of adventure. Losing everything to Maria sure sucks after all we did lose a major characters in Istanbul but her romance path is too interesting.

I sure hope we does get a spicy scene later in Book 3 where one of the Istanbul survivor (cleo/abdul) get super mad and almost kill maria and mc just aggressively attack or subdue the survivor. Man i love drama​:rofl::rofl:. Maybe some corny line like “you willing to die for your love of life, i fight the world for mine”

But that just my wild fantasy. Im sure you already planned a hell of story for our mc. I always avoid the demo like plague cause i hate spoilers but i sure excited for the book 3

2 Likes

You got rich on the 2nd book, I was already rich on the first one. We are not the same.

4 Likes

I didn’t let Maria win or shared the prize with her out of spite. When I proposed an alliance she turned be down, so when I was almost winning and she losing, she purposes that? Sorry but no. She was luck to get only a dart instead of lead.

Living a life of pleasure with Cleo seems a good ending, but I hope for some kind of Illuminati ending for the MC that fully researched the Most High, starting an organization’s that rules the world in the shadows using the power of Carxite.

6 Likes

y’all: fantasizing abt ur MCs living a life of pleasure with their ROs and or doing spooky things with their Carxite knowledge-- and god knows what else :•) (WHICH IS. VALID BTW. i also want that but like. 0 thoughts. heart full.)

me: fantasizing abt MY MC decades after the war and looking onwards the sunset thinking abt everything they’ve lost, everyone they’ve sacrificed, and the pockets of happiness in between while María holds their hand, gold bands in their ring fingers glinting as a stray beam hits it, showing the care poured in it’s continued upkeep. It’s a loaded but comfortable silence, their two hearts beating as one, and for that moment, everything is enough.

BASICALLY I CAN’T WAIT FOR THE ENDGAME BUT I ALSO CANNOT STOP CRYING, HOPING FOR A SOFT EPILOGUE TO MY LOVES, FOR THEY TRIED TO BE BETTER PEOPLE AND THEY HAVE SUFFERED ENOUGH!!!

8 Likes

I do want to ascend to a higher state of existence that is beneath a mortal human layer.

2 Likes