[RELEASING 3rd O(R)CTOBER 2024- WISHLIST NOW!] An Unexpectedly Green Journey (orc life-simulator) [1.5+ Million Words]

Hi Cornelliau,

EDIT2: You’re right. Thanks for catching that. The event now fires properly and will be in the next update.

EDIT: I’ve checked it and see what you mean. I didn’t prepare another *if statement (hard to remember all these things). I’ll sort it out!

Thanks for playing my WIP. As to your query, it is intentional. I believe my thinking for this was that if you (as an orc) lose to Slappa, he targets you as a weakling. Like a typical bully, if you beat him he won’t target you because he’s worried about you. Also, if you beat him, a lot of his gang leave him so he doesn’t have enough mates, for a while, to cause you too many problems. (I believe I reflected this with a horde increase for your guy)

Slappa cares more about how he appears to his mates. Even if you bullied him, if you’ve proved to be stronger he won’t want to lose face by risking his ‘image.’ Though, if you’ve slighted him, he carries a very long memory.

2 Likes

Looking forward to this game

1 Like

Hi Nam,

Thanks for taking a look at my game. The orcs in this world spawn from cabbage-like plants called baborcs. They have no interest in mammalian activities like that, which might be why they are so obsessed with fighting and stuffing their faces.

1 Like

Hooooooly shit this game is amazing. I was thoroughly hooked the entire time. I did notice one thing that seemed odd: after I defeated the demon orc, I noticed that all of my stats were 20-30 points lower than they were before. Is this intentional?

2 Likes

Did you pray to Korg before the battle?

2 Likes

I did, yes. I’m a Shaman, so I do that at every opportunity.

2 Likes

Then that is why, Korg gives you a major boost if you pray to him, which fades after the battle.

2 Likes

The thing is, my stats were pretty high before the battle. They were noticably lower afterwards. That battle was the last major thing I did in the game, so I had pretty good stats.

3 Likes

Odd.

2 Likes

I had paid the Shaman for a Constitution boost before I went and fought the demon. It was boosted to somewhere in the 70s. After the battle it was in the 40s.

2 Likes

That’s never happened with me before, odd. \ (* *) /

2 Likes
  • Big ass Orc game
  • Comes out of nowhere.
  • Completely unexpected.

Well, the title is very accurate at any rate. Loved it. Green is best.

11 Likes

Hi Claimed,
Thanks for playing my WIP. I’m really happy that you enjoyed your experience so far.

For that battle, if you pray to Krog, you get a massive boost to stats. However, after the battle, the bonuses Krog bestows fade away, which should leave your stats slightly higher than before you prayed to Krog, but not as high as during the battle.

If you took damage from the demon, your constitution would be lowered too but this isn’t affected by the rebuffing of Krog’s blessings.

I think that, because of the way the choice script Fairmath percentage system works, this may reflect worse on very high stats. I will take a look and perhaps lower the debuff after the battle.

4 Likes

Hi Random Brit,

Sounds like you’ve been exploring the world! Thanks for playing my game. Your explanation is spot on, although I might slightly lessen Krog’s debuff as it could have a larger effect on very high stats earned before Krog’s initial blessings.

Cheers

2 Likes

Looking forward to this game, I love orcs and this is what I’ve wanted for a long time.

2 Likes

Hi Eski,

When you put it like that, it matches the title exactly! You might have guessed already, but the title is a play on The Hobbits’ ‘An Unexpected Journey.’ Though we don’t talk about the quaint little fellows here, we eat them!

1 Like

Hi Younytemare,

Hope my WIP allowed you to indulge in some much-needed orcy goodness! There’s a lot more to come.

Cheers

1 Like

Can you add the option to become a necromancer one day, or maybe become Lich King like in Warcraft with high demonic stats

2 Likes

Hi again, Patrick,

There is the beginning of the demonic path already implemented. I have some of the future of it mapped out. If your orc pledges to serve the dark powers and gives in to the corrupting changes, future paths will allow dark lord flavour powers. Part of those powers will involve necromancy, raising dead warriors on the battlefield.

I’m unsure of how many paths will lead to a dark-lord-style option. One will definitely be if/when your orc decides to challenge Morgorc and usurp his rule over your clan.

Cheers

3 Likes

UPDATE 1 (09/06/2023): 50k words added, totalling 270k
-31 initial achievements implemented.
-Fixed the Western Hills battle so it works correctly.
-Added the beginnings of later game paths. You can now start to build an orc city. Or, become your clan’s chief, conquer the surrounding lands and rise to be the King of the Orcs. There is a Dark Chief path where you can use necromantic arts to begin your demonic schemes if you are corrupted. You can also become the de-facto shaman of the Dust Clan.
-Some typos have been fixed, although I am sure many remain.

9 Likes