[RELEASING 3rd O(R)CTOBER 2024- WISHLIST NOW!] An Unexpectedly Green Journey (orc life-simulator) [1.5+ Million Words]

When the game is completed could we get a cheat menu for those who just want to play without worrying about stats

2 Likes

So, we can do

Waaaggh!

in the game?

6 Likes

Someone asking the real quetions

2 Likes

Yes, you can, most definitely WAAAGH! The act of rolling conquest will be more apparent in your orc’s later life (not yet implemented), but your young orc has a good few chances to engage in great battles.

When you emerge into young adulthood, investigate the visitors to your clan. Or, alternatively to get the same events in a different way, travel north from your clan until you reach the dwarven Mountain. Or, head west to the barbarian invested hill. Great battles await!

2 Likes

May the (f)orc(e) be with you.

6 Likes

Hi Shadow King,

I’ve considered that. I think I will add something like an ‘easy/cheat’ mode, which allows you to set your orc’s main stats. In a world-building sense, that act of creation could be the orc god, or another entity, making a 'chosen one; of sorts. I also understand that some players, like me, enjoy a power fantasy and unhindered exploration of a game world.

Potentially, (I am considering) the easy/cheat option becomes available only after a player has played to a certain point in the game without starting manipulation. How does that sound?

8 Likes

Thanks to all those who took a look at my work in progress. I am dedicating a lot of time to this and the game is under rapid development. Please, if/when you find typos, let me know! Also if you uncover a broken event (although it has all been tested rarer things do crop up) let me know too.

Krog’s blessings to you all.

4 Likes

That would be awsome and as for the chosen one idea that could be a really good idea if you wanted to make a second book for example what if Mc was chosen to unite the land to face a great coming evil or something like that

4 Likes

Hi Shadow,

Your orc will be able to unite the land (through fair means or foul) against an evil threat. There are references to it on the edges of the game world. You will be able to be a 'chosen one; of sorts, which depends on the choices you make throughout the game. I am a vague plot already mapped out, which gets increasingly epic when certain conditions are met.

Once further paths have been developed and released here, I will give pointers on how to find these events.

Thanks for your interest. Really gives a boost to me that I am working on something people (either than myself) like.

Cheers.

5 Likes

i played the game in the shaman route and let me say it gives me the ‘‘chosen one’’ vibes and i love to use the power of krog and especially when my axe was engulfed in green flames it was awesome and keep the good work

1 Like

That sounds like the start of an epic hero/villain!

I plan to add a lot to the shaman route, prophethood and deification await!

EDIT: I just thought of something- as of yet, if you join the Green Legion it overwrites all your previous equipment, though you keep your piety and Korg-blessed enhancements.

I will ensure, in a future update, that you can re-equip your shaman stuff after your bout of service with the Legion.

3 Likes

yeah that did happen to me and thanks for the reply

1 Like

author i have a question no matter what i do and try i cant seem to become legend and avoid death is this a glitch or is it meant always to die?

3 Likes

Hi mra,

I have looked through the code and know what happened. That’s quite an achievement to get to where you are. Currently, it is the only legend path which reaches its full outcome.

That final event fails if your constitution is less than 10 and you die on the cusp of legendhood. Are you able to check what your constitution is so I can know if it is firing properly? The difficulty with the Big Belly path is balancing all the excess grub with increasingly frail health.

The constitution penalty for that final task is massive right now, so I think I will moderate it slightly.

If you go to see Snooky, in the visitor’s section of the Dust Clan, you can buy some constitution from him with loot, but only if you have enough piety. if you can do this, you might still be able to succeed with that final challenge.

6 Likes

Really enjoyed this wip, it seems well written so far. I do have one question though. Is it actually possible to win the fight if you join a gang to bully others? I seem to lose it every time no matter what i do.

2 Likes

Hi Tibokas,
Thanks for playing my game. I’m glad you’re enjoying it so far.

It is possible to beat the gang, you need to have strength above 15 and horde above 35 else the other gang will overwhelm you. It is difficult as Slappa has already obtained quite a following among the young orcs.

2 Likes

it worked author i have finally consumed the world :smiling_imp: the problem was i didnt care about constitution and had only to buy medicine

1 Like

Few dare to tread the path of the Big Bellies! Even fewer became a god of consumption before succumbing to a heart attack or digestion troubles.

This makes me think, perhaps I should see if I can add a ‘Hall of Fame’ thing, which stores the names of orcs in the player’s game with their respective legendary ending. I don’t know if it’s doable, but it sounds like something some people would like. it might be beyond the abilities of choice script, or my abilities to use choice script. I’ll look into it.

EDIT: I have been told that the achievement commands inherent to choice script can do something just like this. I’ll add these to the list, it is something I definitely would want in the final version.

8 Likes

…breed female human?

3 Likes

Is it on purpose that you have to have slappa be your enemy AND get thrashed by him when you were still a baby for him to attack you when you were burying your treasure? This is the code:

*if not (revenge) or not (slappaenemy)

With this code, even if you bullied him when you were still a baby by peeing all over his things or by attacking him, he still won’t appear if you don’t fail the attack in order to make the first condition false.

So in order for him to appear, you would have to pee and lose to him.

2 Likes