Ratings War — Win market share in the news wars of 2061!

We’re proud to announce that Ratings War, the latest in our popular “Choice of Games” line of multiple-choice interactive-fiction games, is now available for Steam, iOS, and Android. It’s 33% off until October 9th.

Implant cameras in your eyes to win the news wars of 2061! Record your way through dystopian New Angeles, solving multiple murders and conquering the airwaves as you go!

“Ratings War” is a thrilling 80,000-word interactive novel by Eddy Webb, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based–without graphics or sound effects–and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

Outwit your rivals at the biggest news network in the industry to win market share and dominate the ratings. As one of the first reporters with a pair of cybernetic eyes, you’ll break stories while you live them–and become a celebrity when you uncover a vast criminal conspiracy.

When you blow the whistle on a human trafficking operation, will you focus on facts or on fame? Will you strike out as an independent, or follow the guidelines of your network? You can escape from an underground organ farm–but can you get your footage on the air and win the Ratings War?

• Play a future-noir story of murder, corruption, and mystery.</li
  • Develop your reporting style as you balance your ambition and integrity.</li
  • Decide what facts make it to air, and how to spin them.</li
  • Break the rules to get your story.</li
  • Play as male, female, or non-binary.</li
  • Straight, gay, and bisexual romance options.
We need your support to continue delivering our games on Steam. Our goal is to release our entire catalog of interactive novels on Steam. Based on the extraordinary performance of Choice of Robots and Champion of the Gods, both which made it onto Steam’s front page this year, Valve has allowed us to ship a handful of additional games. We’ll need to continue to deliver outstanding results to prove that interactive fiction can be successful on Steam.

We’re asking all of our fans to follow us on Steam. Even if you don’t use Steam that much, it will be a big help if you sign up to follow us there, because the more followers we get, the better visibility we get on Steam’s curator list. (Our goal is to hit 3,000 followers for our Steam curation page; we’re about 75% of the way there as I write this!)

When you follow us, you’ll see our games and our recommended games right on your Steam home page. It’s free, and it’s a big help to us, so follow us today!

We hope you enjoy playing Ratings War. We encourage you to tell your friends about it, and recommend the game on StumbleUpon, Facebook, Twitter, and other sites. Don’t forget: our initial download rate determines our ranking on the App Store. The more times you download in the first week, the better our games will rank.

6 Likes

I don’t know anything about steam, i only have the elder scrolls collection there. So i select following cog, and now say you are my mentors??? I did something wrong? Also I don’t like steam i prefer Google play. but for Cog where is better my purchase?

Ooh, future-noir story? You have my attention. This looks great.

I was hoping to channel Spider Jerusalem a bit more than was allowed here.

1 Like

I felt like towards the end of the game my stats stopped increasing and that was super frustrating. I was obviously making choices that used them/sounded like they should be adding points but several of my stats didn’t move the entire second half of the game.

Also the ending didn’t make sense to me. Even after I replayed it twice I’m still not entire sure how I got out of the pharmacy company compound

I sent bug reports that there’s some weird double text issues where the same line appears twice in a row, but one that bothered me that I didn’t catch the first time around was that there’s some naming inconsistencies in places.

The beginning also felt strange to me – there’s a lot of ~handwaving that you almost die (at least the two times I did it) and suddenly wham bam you get magic eyes where a page ago you had no money at all?? That transition lacked a lot.

I did like it over all! (:

But I don’t think there’s a third replay worth of choices since I got basically all the achievements (I’m missing what’s probably a RO achievement) even then there wasn’t much more than a superficial difference between the two Playthroughs.

I left a nice App Store review because the world needs more cyberpunk! (: I would recommend it, because the few things I’m mentioning are pretty minor.

This was one of my favorite CoGs. Great writing, great plot, great characters, and a surprising amount of depth and length to a single playthrough considering the word count is only 80k. 5/5, would recommend. My biggest complaint was that I’d definitely like if there was more than just one RO, but I liked her anyways, so it’s not too big of a problem.

3 Likes

This game really suprised me! It was brilliantly well written. I would rate it a solid 5/5. My only concern is that I wish it was more than 80K words and more Romance options, but the games is still great! Looking forward to the author’s future projects.

1 Like

This was a mixed bag for me, writing was good but not great, the epilog was so so and on the short side.

1 Like

i played the game until the characters wakes up at the hospital, and the game didn’t catch my attention, sad, there’s not many COG games that i haven’t played

I know it’s a old CoG game, but I have a bug to report:

One night, you watch she tapping on his tablet. She looks up at you and smiles. And you realize that, no matter what, everything you’ve been through was worth it.

Wrong pronoun for a female Tracey.

Is Early not an Ro?